wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Just influenced a freshly caught CB egg to be the wrong gender because of remembering parts of my lineage plan wrong. :blink: Now I'll have to wait hours before being able to undo the influence.

I get 3-5 unique views for my new eggs that I just caught 10 minutes ago (3:47 pm cave time). Probably because I used AoND clinic shortly before and the Zyu was still there, lurking people to my scroll. I thought I was viewbombed, so I chceked hatcheries - and accidentally add all my eggs to Valley Sherwood. Stupid me.

Edit to add:

Well, now (4:25 pm cave time) I'm viewbombed, someone added my eggs to DragHatch. Wasn't paranoid after all. :dry:

Edited by Anemonis

Their first baby was in 2012. This is the first Gold. And it Auto'd. I was planning on making a Deadline as a Halloween theme, and these two never threw a Gold. I... I wanna cry.

image.png.091489a5f2d2721b98c9cc49454e3b07.png

Edited by Metal-n-Monster

Not so much something I *did*, but something my brain is telling me to do... It wants me to change my scroll-goal to 20 of each *sprite*, meaning breeds with dimorphism I'd need 20 males and 20 females. Uggghhh noooo!

LOL but that's an awesome name! XD I'm sure you could find some of that kind on my scroll, too.

Stupid thing I did yesterday: bred my scroll full of raffle donations and gifts and none of that is gone yet ...

Thought I was free to go to bed early the day after the Zyu mass-breed, because I wrongly assumed many more Zyu eggs would show up in the AP the next morning. So I only got two blues instead of the four I'd hoped for. Meh.

There are still Zyu's in the AP... and I know because I stupidly went there even though I was egglocked. I saw three at once, two yellow and one black (both colours I need too)

I added my request for a bloodswap for this to EATW's market this morning, and only now realized that the window for breeding gold Lunars has ended.  Derp.  

Accidentally picked up an egg I didn't want in the cave. Thought 'well I do want more vamps, I could bite it', thinking that I'd either have a vamp, or it would vamp and auto-abandon leaving me with a free slot to try something else...

I forgot that sometimes they died. This one died. Silly me. :/

Only just realized that I've only got half the lineage for one of my projects ready, and I still need to get started breeding the other half.

Picked up a CB Sunsong egg thinking it would be perfect to add to my all-vowels lineage - but it's missing an 'e'.  :s

I saw a dino egg in the caves and instead of picking it up, i decided to mentally question why the egg was being called out for not belonging...

A few days later, I picked up a green egg because, for some forsaken reason, I thought that the description for them was a gemshards. I was in the forest...

Thinking that this time back on DC will be different and I wouldn't disappear suddenly because of real life issues. I thought I had my real life situation straightened out, but apparently I was wrong. I have to quit DC once again because of stupid real life problems and it's killing me having to say that... I've said it at least 5 times now, so why should I have been surprised? I'll be here for a week or so longer, but a hiatus of a few months is coming. *sighs*

Among the stupid "I won't disappear again!" things are:

• Arranging IOUs with people. I won't be available to collect my side. A few people are going to be relieved that they no longer have to get Hatchlings to me - which does please me because at least I just made someone's day. I always want people to smile and be happy.
  • Among the IOUs, I have three 2G Prizes coming my way. I will only pop into DC to collect them when they're sent to me. Already paid with my kidneys so the owners should still give me them in due time. Hopefully their Prizes aren't fickle and I get the babies sooner rather than later, so I can grab them right away.
  • I need to reply to every PM as soon as I see it, because otherwise I'll just forget about it accidentally, and then people are mad at me. I don't even intend to ignore them... because I don't even ignore on purpose. =/
  • My kindness has been unappreciated multiple times now. I should just make a list of people who actually want to be Glomped with CB Silvers / CB Golds in the future. Yes, I know not everyone is going to appreciate gifts, it's a gamble, and I shouldn't expect gratitude, etc. That's not why I do it though. I do it to brighten someone's day. And then it falls flat on its **** and I'm left here wondering why I just spent 5 hours finding the egg in the first place when the person didn't even care for it. =/ Even had someone ask if they could trade it for something they actually wanted. -.-'
    Literally, multiple people (closer to 20 than 5) have done this to me:
    Me: *sends someone a CB Silver / CB Gold*
    Giftee: Oh... can I give it to someone else? I don't need/want it.
    Me: *internally* Why do I even try to be nice...?

I tend to vampire bite my eggs when I misclick....usually ignoring the risk of killing them, which is what usually happens anyways

I didn't bother to read the new release thread, so I spent a good 20 minutes waiting for an egg with a third type of egg description before I realized it was an alt, and they had the same egg

Bred a couple of second gens while egg-locked, just to see if they'd refuse. One was a Xeno, so of course they'd give me a xeno egg that I don't have the type of yet and then throw it into the AP... Sigh