wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I returned to DC after a few years and released all my messy dragons BEFORE I found out about trophies and eggs limits... And I was so close to silver trophy...

Abandoned a CB low time egg so I could breed an egg for s CB hatchie. Dragons I needed to breed had all been bred recently. That was dumb.

At the beginning, when we couldn't rename our dragons, I abandoned 50+ dragons that had an ugly name. Now I miss them sad.gif

xd.png

don't know where else to whine ... and I do feel stupid sad.gif

when the site went "bad gateway" for what seemed hours .. rebooted

now that all is resumed >>>> the order is altered and several eggs are missing

huh ???

Trusting my cousin to pick a few eggs on his birthday

Him: "I want all the ones with spots!"

Me: "B-b-b-but.... how about that pretty mana one?"

Him: "I WANT SPOTS"

Me: "OKAY OKAY!" And against all my instincts he will be grabbed all Greater Spotted Drakes this afternoon....

Edit

And I'll have to watch them sit there

On my scroll

Until they hatch

Locking my scroll

Until they hatch

Then he can pick names for them xd.png

Edited by Clya

Me: "OKAY OKAY!" And against all my instincts he will be grabbed all Greater Spotted Drakes this afternoon....

Well, some people play for the pure fun rather than the rarity, and might like different dragons. Stripes are my absolute all-time favorites, and they aren't rare at all. Tinsel and Xenos are really close seconds, but I can honestly say that I will always love Stripes the best. laugh.gif

I saw a Golden Wyvern in the AP (I don't specifically like Golden Wyverns that much, but through luck or just me thinking they are rarer then they are, I have four of them.) when I was egg locked. I clicked on it to get the code, and used that in the view URL, just to see its lineage out of curiosity. It was the offspring of two spiral bronze tinsel x golden wyverns. I put it in a document I use to store interesting lineages, and clicked on it again to see it again. THE NEW OWNER HAD TURNED IT INTO A VAMPIRE.

This isn't a mistake made by me, but this was certainly a DC fail.

I saw a Golden Wyvern in the AP (I don't specifically like Golden Wyverns that much, but through luck or just me thinking they are rarer then they are, I have four of them.) when I was egg locked. I clicked on it to get the code, and used that in the view URL, just to see its lineage out of curiosity. It was the offspring of two spiral bronze tinsel x golden wyverns. I put it in a document I use to store interesting lineages, and clicked on it again to see it again. THE NEW OWNER HAD TURNED IT INTO A VAMPIRE.

This isn't a mistake made by me, but this was certainly a DC fail.

Why was that a DC Fail? The owner got it and chose to turn it.

rolleyes.gif

Thank God for the verification required ...

even though the order was changed long ago ... I still go to where the functions used to be .. blink.gif

nearly lost a precious one ... phew ...

Edit

And I'll have to watch them sit there

On my scroll

Until they hatch

Locking my scroll

Until they hatch

Then he can pick names for them xd.png

laugh.gif

oh dear ... sooooo hard for us regular dragoneers to wait ... and wait .. and

the road to hell IS paved with good intentions ... wink.gif

sorry to laugh BUT ...know the feeling for a different reason ... waiting is waiting

but I got Instant Karma for my mirth ... pressed report button in error >> OOPS

Not naming my dragons immediately as they hatch, or within a week of them maturing. Now I'm engaging in the enjoyable process of naming hundreds of dragons. I'm glad I already have 1,598 named dragons... 370 odd to go.

Welp, I think I already named somewhere in the ballpark of 100 today, so that's not too bad, right? xd.png

Edited by VampiricOmen

Not naming my dragons immediately as they hatch, or within a week of them maturing. Now I'm engaging in the enjoyable process of naming hundreds of dragons. I'm glad I already have 1,598 named dragons... 370 odd to go.

Welp, I think I already named somewhere in the ballpark of 100 today, so that's not too bad, right? xd.png

rolleyes.gif

Well done indeed ... and good that you name them !! smile.gif

My problem is the reverse ... have a notebook full of names for future dragons

I think I really upset someone with a post I made with someone else in mind. I was as generic as I could be because I know better than to call someone out, but the person who it wasn't about thought it was and I feel really awful. I was stupid for not not figuring out a way to be more specific without being too specific. Or maybe I was just stupid for posting at all.

I think I really upset someone with a post I made with someone else in mind. I was as generic as I could be because I know better than to call someone out, but the person who it wasn't about thought it was and I feel really awful. I was stupid for not not figuring out a way to be more specific without being too specific. Or maybe I was just stupid for posting at all.

sad.gif

with close to a quarter of a million members, it's amazing misunderstandings don't happen more often

I know from personal experience how distressing it can be to be misunderstood and/or have the wrong person think they were the ones being mentioned

sometimes Freedom of Speech can be a double-edged sword .. with unintended consequences

these forums are often the sole way to express ourselves about dragonny things so never feel stupid about contributing

often, reactions to things say more about the other person than you

as my Dragon Mistress would say ... dinna fash yourself, lassie But >>> if you still feel badly you can pm the unintended

Same here! I have 200-ish to go dry.gifblink.gif

Mis-breeding a 2nd gen Tinselkin because you forgot to check the other dragon's lineage before clicking 'Breed'. rolleyes.gif To the AP it went... At least it was outside the window for the intended Lunar Herald mate (Indigo), so not a major error. Still, with its resulting lineage it's almost like releasing Frankenstein out into the world. xd.png

Edited by panthera1

Not grabbing any pinks back when I joined cause I found them too girly looking. Luckily I did grab one frill. One's better than none.

And not checking for inbreds at the beginning, which resulted in breeding some inbreds. Now I make sure I put IN after their name so I know I shouldn't breed anything with them.

Dropped playing DC for too long and when I finally decided to pick it back I've already missed so much

I hear you! I quit DC for a year+ and missed a lot of goodies sad.gif

I hear you! I quit DC for a year+ and missed a lot of goodies sad.gif

Same. I quit in early 2013 around the time the Royal Crimsons were new. And came back like, a week ago.

On the other hand, there's tons of new species to collect now. I love those plated colossi for an instance.

Completely scroll locking myself when I really really need to hunt for rares for V-Day ious

Halloween? No problem

Christmas? A bit harder

Valentine's Day? Completely screwed xd.png