wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Accidentally took a gilded bloodscale because it had the word 'glitter' in it. >.<

Although, it does have the word 'mud' in it (cool code) so I'll gift it to the notice/departure board.

I think most of us have made that mistake or will once in a while. Same happens with me sometimes. The trick is to remember they have 'Red Spots' on them, which you should avoid. And don't worry, you'll grab a Dino once in a while! happy.gif I remember them by the long description they have. Just remember not to accidentally grab a Vine; they have long descriptions, too.

I'm on my phone for DC 95% of the time.

I accidentally took a Deep Sea Dragon egg once, and a copper dropped in its spot after that...;-;

just needed a 3rd gen tinsel to be influenced, the influencer got the egg, hatched it, and sent me a teleport link to a dino. told them it was a link to a dino, never responded since then.

im so sick of this community dry.gif

it was just a misunderstanding, nvm!! xd.png

Edited by Doublelift

just needed a 3rd gen tinsel to be influenced, the influencer got the egg, hatched it, and sent me a teleport link to a dino. told them it was a link to a dino, never responded since then.

im so sick of this community  dry.gif

I'm so sorry for your loss, people can be quite greedy sometimes sad.gif

Oh well, perhaps in future if you need something so rare to be influenced again, you should try asking someone you actually know, or at least sort-of-know rolleyes.gif Well-known members are probably less likely to be scumbags xd.png

Or if the egg isn't too low-time, you can just fog it first, quickly trade for a pink hatchie with the required gender, then influence it yourself ^^ Eggs can be influenced up to 3 days left, so that's around 4 days for the hatchie to grow up, so there should be time c:

im so sick of this community  dry.gif

Maybe something came up and they simply haven't had a chance to respond yet?

Some people only check in at DC at certain times. I've had people post a trade they want and I'll respond within minutes with exactly what they ask for and they don't come back to check the trade for hours and hours. Weird, but it happens. Did you track your messages to know if they have read the last one yet?

The same person recently posted a trade in the trading threads, so I'll assume they have had time to read the message and respond...
Oh, that's too bad. I'll hope it is just a misunderstanding and that it gets resolved. Edited by Tawanda001

Maybe something came up and they simply haven't had a chance to respond yet?

Some people only check in at DC at certain times. I've had people post a trade they want and I'll respond within minutes with exactly what they ask for and they don't come back to check the trade for hours and hours. Weird, but it happens. Did you track your messages to know if they have read the last one yet?

The same person recently posted a trade in the trading threads, so I'll assume they have had time to read the message and respond...

Missed ANOTHER dino. I spend all my time in the Jungle and everytime... I think it's a common.

Bred my first Avatar to the AP *facepalm* Oh well, plenty more tries to come.

I was 95% convinced I would get a rejection, a no egg or a Nebula xd.png

when i was new to the site i saw a gold egg i knew it it was a gold but i had my heart set on a nebula sleep.gif what was i thinking it was in THE CAVE

i turned down a cave born gold to keep looking for a nebula

i still look back on it with regret because i have never seen another one

Sitting in the AP, clicking on egg after egg, wondering why the heck I can't seem to catch a single one. So I look at the lineage of at least the 10th one I couldn't seem to catch...

I bred them. Half the AP is my dragons' offspring. rolleyes.gif

Bred whilst locked and the egg auto abandoned. I'm so silly I usually check my limits but I thought my er hatchling grew up.

It was for someone who has been looking for a mate and that pair is very stubborn. sleep.gif

Saw my first CB Copper (in Desert) but missed it because #dclagatthetopofthehour and, naturally, it showed up at the top of the hour... :/

Edited by The Flash

Didn't check to see if I was egglocked before breeding my dragons for a song lyrics lineage.

Good news is that they didn't reject, bad news is that someone out there is getting this partially done egg in a few days.

Edit: Just discovered the reason why I thought I wasn't egglocked. Hard to be mad anymore xd.png.

Edited by EternallyYin

Saw my first CB Copper (in Desert) but missed it because #dclagatthetopofthehour and, naturally, it showed up at the top of the hour... :/

They show up more in the middle of the hour.I usually see Rainbow and Brown Coppers pretty often,but the Green Coppers are a pain for me when it comes at catching them.

-------------

My stupidity:

-missed for like 2 years and thought cb Coppers were uncommons,so I used to ignore them

-saw a Gold in Alpine and thought it's a cb Shimmerscale (didn't know yet that you can't get them in the cave) so I ignored it

-mistake cb Silver with Nebula and ownwards

-not registering the forums thinking I didn't actually need to

There are some more,but I can't remember right now.

Browsing the cave, saw a Pyralspite... but in my excitement I clicked on the wrong egg and ended up with a Gilded Bloodscale, lol.

Traded for hatchies for freezing - and didn't check how many hatchies I had already frozen. Now they'll grow up xd.png Catching up on a lot of frozen hatchies at once is a bad idea, it doesn't work.

Clicked on a Bloodscale thinking it was a copper. Oyi. One of these days i'll get those two sorted out. -.-; Now I'm lock for 5 hours. Or at least until 2 of my eggs hatch.

Clicked on a Bloodscale thinking it was a copper. Oyi. One of these days i'll get those two sorted out. -.-; Now I'm lock for 5 hours. Or at least until 2 of my eggs hatch.

I do that all the time, too xd.png

I refreshed the AP after noticing a gold... Cursed myself blue while it reloaded.

Still got the gold though.

I refreshed the AP after noticing a gold... Cursed myself blue while it reloaded.

Still got the gold though.

What gen. though?

I keep reflex breeding a CB Silver to a Shimmer even though I need to breed her to commons. :/

Clicked a black, and normally since my comp is a dork and takes a few secs before loading the next egg, I wasn't able to get the copper right underneath.

...and sometimes it gets me to wonder whether people actually refresh constantly every second despite not being in the 5 minute drop, or whether I just happen to be in an intervention-filled biome.

I mean, it says 0 people were viewing the biome so...

I think the View counter just records how many people were watching it the last time it updated, which I think is once a minute? I'm not sure, I generally only check the 5 minute drops.