wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Tried summoning a GoN. It failed, of course. AGAIN.

Edit: Just missed a Black hatchie with 10 hours left to grow up...

Edited by The Flash

Decided to make gemshard/nebula lineages. You can take a guess how well this is going.

Decided to make gemshard/nebula lineages. You can take a guess how well this is going.

Oh, my.

My condolences x_x

If you want, I can try breeding some stuff for you. I have luck with coloring ^^

Caught some random egg in the Cave thinking it was a gold or something and now I have to wait 5 hours to AP it. >.<

Edited by The Flash

Just missed an Ice in the Alpine... could've gotten it if I hadn't stared at it like an idiot for 5 seconds... :/

Oh. My. God. 5 minutes ago, I missed an Ice. 5 minutes later (i.e. 10 seconds ago) I missed another one, then picked up a GW thinking it was a Gold. FML. :/

Grabbed a green dino not thinking only to see the red dino I actually needed right behind it! Welp, next time...

Missed an ice by skipping the page. Grrr, And missed a red dino that I haven't got.

sigh.

Well, my internet is just...no good for catching anyway.

I was planning on throwing This hatchie in the ER before I left for work, but I ended up waking up late and having to rush out the door right away and completely forgot to do that... so it ran out of time and died. DX

I was planning on throwing This hatchie in the ER before I left for work, but I ended up waking up late and having to rush out the door right away and completely forgot to do that... so it ran out of time and died. DX

Oh my, that's really unlucky.

As for me, I missed both a copper and a silver as usual.

Grabbed an egg with a really great code, mL00k, didn't pay much attention to the description. It's a drake. rolleyes.gif

Saw a Cheese in the Alpine and of course my basedInternet chose that very moment to be irritating, leading me to get a pink instead. (accidentally) :/

Edit: Just tried breeding my CB Silver with a CB Electric, produced an Electric. :/

Edited by The Flash

I wanted to offer two hatchies for an egg, but I was egg locked, and I worried the other person would just decline my offer if they tried to accept it and saw it was not possible. And one of my eggs was about to hatch, so I waited for that.

The trade link was still active right before the egg hatched. Then it hatched, I refreshed the trade page again, and it was gone. sad.gif ... I guess I should have offered immediately and sent a PM, that would probably have been a smart thing to do. tongue.gif

(Seriously angry at myself now. I searched the trade section for something to offer those hatchies all day long, and then I see an offer that is something I have wanted for a while, only even better. And then I don't even try. rolleyes.gif )

Edited by Confused Cat

Grabbed an egg with a really great code, mL00k, didn't pay much attention to the description. It's a drake. rolleyes.gif

There are plenty of people who'd be interested in a code like that even if it ]is a drake. smile.gif

Saw an incuhatchable Ice in the AP, didn't even try to grab because I thought it was like a Water dragon or something (the one with the similar sprite, but doesn't have the little blue thingies dropping off it)

I had a group of clickless eggs and three hatchlings that needed more views, and to speed things up, I put them in one of the secondary sites I use. While I was watching, they were gathering views, no problem. I walk away from the computer for 20 minutes, come back. All my unfogged babies had been clicked, including two that should have grown up tonight! mad.gif

How many " Please don't click" messages do people need? Please, they only need views, and I have messages at the top of my scroll, asking people to please NOT click any growing things on my scroll. It is absolutely heartbreaking to put in the work and find it all trashed because someone chooses to ignore, or worse, try to destroy my style of game play.

I had a group of clickless eggs and three hatchlings that needed more views, and to speed things up, I put them in one of the secondary sites I use. While I was watching, they were gathering views, no problem. I walk away from the computer for 20 minutes, come back. All my unfogged babies had been clicked, including two that should have grown up tonight! mad.gif

How many " Please don't click" messages do people need? Please, they only need views, and I have messages at the top of my scroll, asking people to please NOT click any growing things on my scroll. It is absolutely heartbreaking to put in the work and find it all trashed because someone chooses to ignore, or worse, try to destroy my style of game play.

Wait... I'm confused. Why do you not want clicks?

Some people want lots of clicks, other try to raise dragons without any clicks. It's just a different way to play, no stranger than raising up an army of chickens just because you can. smile.gif

Some people want lots of clicks, other try to raise dragons without any clicks. It's just a different way to play, no stranger than raising up an army of chickens just because you can. smile.gif

Oh, I see. That's cool. But how do you notify people not to click on them on the top of your scroll? Did you name the dragon at the top 'Please don't click dragons'?

lol

Edited by The Flash

Oh, I see. That's cool. But how do you notify people not to click on them on the top of your scroll? Did you name the dragon at the top 'Please don't click dragons'?

lol

Pretty much. Some players like to custom sort their scrolls and add different "benchmark dragons" as I call it in various places to give information or show where certain dragons are located. For example someone could have a dragon named "my forum name is ___" at the top of their scroll, or a dragon named "CB metals" and then have their CB metals placed underneath that dragon. [:

I for one organise my scroll like that and I have 25 Avatars being used as benchmarks right now, I can think of a bunch of other people who do this too, but they don't necessarily use Avatars like I do.

Edited by suskekun222

lol

The dragons at the top of my scroll are named:

Welcome to dragongrrl's Scroll

But Please Don't Click My

Growing Eggs Or Hatchlings

Although You May Think It So

We Do Not Need Clicks To Grow

Please respect my 0-click babies

And Thank You For Not Clicking

There are a couple more lines that I'll add in a while, but I think the message is clear.

It is also one of the notes in my profile.

One of these days, I need to update the count on my 0-clicks. And I don't mind people clicking adults or frozen hatchlings to view their descriptions or lineages. There are a lot of interesting dragons there. smile.gif

Picked up an incuhatchable egg from the AP, thinking it would be a quick hatch.

That was 2 hours ago and it's still an egg!

Yesterday I bred one of my bronce shimmers, got a bronze shimmer that got auto'd because I'd forgotten I was locked *headdesk* Oh well, an AP lurker probably got very happy, which was the point, I'd planned to drop it in the Departure thread anyway.

Just to mention, if the site was a fansite and the eggs were separate, rather than your scroll being posted somewhere, people would never see your scroll to see the warning not to click on them.

If it was your scroll posted somewhere, since DC is played by people around the world, the note may not have been understood by the person clicking your eggs, so that while unfortunate, this likely wasn't malicious.

Probably doesn't help and obviously won't unclick your eggs, but the thought that someone was doing it just to be a jerk probably would make things feel worse, so I thought I'd mention.

Edit: sorry to hear it, this sucks...

Edited by Syphoneira