wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Breeding my silvers, not getting a single silver egg.

Down to my last silver, breed it, got a silver egg, realizes that I already have 5 eggs, and the silver egg ended up getting auto-abandoned >_>

Fail. But if you happened to have caught that silver, enjoy~ It was going to go to TGT anyways.

aaah This happened to me too! A year later and I still haven't gotten any silver eggs from mine :[

Not bothering to influence any of the three CB electric eggs I caught. My luck would have it that they all gendered the same. Yup, they all gendered male. Such a rare thing for my scroll without having to force influence them.

Well, this wasn't my dumb thing, but I bred my CB gold with a CB black and got a gold egg, which I hatched and then had my nephew try to catch it, as his only other gold has a messy lineage.

Since I had it in 6 hatcheries, trying to hatch it, so it wouldn't drop in that upper left-hand spot, I instructed him to fog it immediately if he caught it.

He caught it...

...and froze it by mistake.

So, now I still owe him a 2nd gen gold, as he wanted this one to breed one for his brother.

I think the one stupid thing I've done, was when I was newer, Frills were being discontinued and I only got one, and didn't bother to get another sad.gif I would have loved a male frill x3 But at least I have my female.

Note to self (and the world at large):

Yes, eggs can get sick without hatching even if they're under 3d23h (incubated). I've never had this happen with commons, but some rares? Yes.

(Just had an egg I was aggressively ERing get sick on me. I think I lost three years off my life for those three hours. It's well now.)

Edited by siliconrose

I missed every single holiday and didn't get any holiday dragons :C and i didn't try for a zombie on halloween.

oh, and i killed a rare when i first came to DC.

I never caught anything rare Cb- Annoying as heck, too.

when hunting I hold one hand on the mouse ready to click and the other - on the F5 button refreshing. and sometimes I absolutely stupidly mix the hands, click on the egg I don't want at all and get locked!!! this happened today to me dry.gif luckily I have succesfully bitten that Waterhorse and gifted another egg, so that I am unlocked now.

It was one of my very first dragons, maybe the fifth or sixth one, and when I grabbed that black hatchling from the AP I believed that I could never give it enough views to grow up, so I froze it. But when I discovered the lineage, I wish I didn't... http://dragcave.net/lineage/7Kiy

I made a stupid thing today. I needed an autumn egg to complete my autumn collection, so I bred my Autumn pair. but there were already 5 hatches on my scroll and the egg auto-abandoned!!!

it didn't serve me a lesson dry.gif I failed the same way with Winters. facepalm.

I just realized I released a beautiful even-gen black/silver checkerboard I found on the AP. I'm so used to releasing non-alts I didn't even remember I wanted it D|

I always keep clicking on eggs that I need after I refresh the page, so I mostly end up with stupid ones. >.<

I forgot to influence my latest Pink as female, and it gendered male for this staircase, so I have to wait to breed and hope I get a Pink sister quickly, rather than a half dozen Purples. blink.gif

I somehow managed to miss the Black Marrows last Halloween, even though I was online. dry.gif

Freezing this hatchling

Sometimes I don't come on dc for days at a time and I forgot to put a pure bred gen 5 bluna egg on a few fan sites one time and it died. I really screwed that up.

Edited by ThunderFoot12

The only CB old pink i have is FROZEN! huh.gif

all the other old pinks are lineaged rolleyes.gif So, i cant get them anymore now sad.gif

Once upon a time I...

...bred a 6th egg for the lulz (got half mad due to chronic lock) from gold x black and of course using my fav (= fertile 4th even gen) pair instead of the other pair. Wham, instant gold eggy, auto abandoned. *headdesks*

...had to re-bounce a wonderful 3rd gen PB nebula egg Varnaryah took pains to breed for me when I missed the time to influence. My buddy got it all right. I would have gotten it back as well... if I hadn't missed the fact that an egg I ER'd hours ago to hatch - hadn't. mad.gif No catching nice eggy with 4 other eggs onna scroll, Val! sad.gif

@Silver Fox: This happened to me loads of time in the past. Not so much now, but I'm still wary. Nothing makes my urge to bite/kill rise like getting locked with a [caveblocker] when I went for a Nebula. Nah, I'm too nice to kill outright.

Edited by Valfaris

I abandoned a black stripe egg. I didn't know there were any & I thought it was a blue stripe, which I don't want any more of. Now I know & now I really really want one. *arghhh!*

I forgot to influence my latest Pink as female, and it gendered male for this staircase, so I have to wait to breed and hope I get a Pink sister quickly, rather than a half dozen Purples. blink.gif

...and, of course, the next egg from this pair is Purple. blink.gif

Back when I started, I froze two hatchies I thought would die because I hadn't discovered clicksites, and I didn't have time to spam them on a Gaia forum. However, not more than 10 minutes after I froze them, my eyes were opened to hatcheries. I still think "Man, why did I do that!?"

Also, I am new to the forum. It's nice to meet you all smile.gif

Just now, i was like "oh, there's a weird egg! oh well." *refresh*

then a half second later, when the page was still loading, i was like "F*CK I JUST MISSED A THUNDER!"

aren't i so stupid...