wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

With one eggslot open, I misclicked a Dream in the Biomes that I don't want or need.

I really have no clue why my finger clicked on it at all. dry.gif

This isn't exactly a "stupid" thing, but it's getting too frustrating to deal with, and it feels like I made a stupid move by even beginning to try this. Really, all I wanted was to get a Blusang baby out of a Black-Capped Teimarr father.. But somehow I can't even get a non-black-capped dragon out of any of these stupid Teimarrs.

Seriously, look at this !!

http://dragcave.net/progeny/9TCDE

I can't even..

http://dragcave.net/progeny/gkjLV

This is so ridiculous..

http://dragcave.net/progeny/qGq8R

About ready to just give up omg..

http://dragcave.net/progeny/7WL8R

I wanted to influence one of my eggs to be female with a Red. I scrolled through my Reds and specifically picked a female one for that purpose. ХD

I missed a Silver in the Forest and misclicked a Duotone. Now, I am egglocked. I really want to catch a silver before this month ends so I can gift it for my Secret Santa giftee. I will try again in 5 hours. >.<

When Ultraviolets first came out, I confused Hellfires with Spitfires. I bred CB Hellfires with Purples for around 2 months. thumbs_up.png

The problem with breeding projects is that when you have seven white eggs, it is really easy to vamp bite the wrong egg. Sigh. Another 7 days to wait.

i remember on my frreinds scroll long before i started to go on the forums and play on DC i was at my freinds house and he was messing around on his scroll and we went to get a drink and his little brother went ONTO the scroll and deleted five of his dragons, this is why you should not disable the ask for password thingy >.< nothing much though he lost two of his legendary trio a magi dragon and a red and a purple dorsal dragon tongue.gif wow how he raged xd.png plus this one time he got his first ever vampire dragon to bite the wrong egg O-O AND IT DIED

Edited by wyvern_12

Well...back when I had just joined, there was the Nebula Rush in the AP, that's what I call it...it was late November. xd.png I had just joined, so I didn't know what Nebulas looked like! I now own six. happy.gif

I just saw a Copper and a Golden Wyvern side by side in the Alpine biome and I auto-clicked on the GW. wacko.gif

*quickly clicking through biomes at the top of the hour* This egg smells musty like rotting leaves, this egg gives off a beautiful glow, this egg is hidden in the trees... *clicks Jungle* ...BLURGH?! *returns to the Forest hastily but alas, the Silver is no more*

Maybe I should cut down on the speed and work on my reading comprehension instead. xd.png

Have you ever scroll sat for someone?

Have you ever scroll sat for someone, and because you hardly do it, you forget to log out/leave/forget you're not logged on to your scroll?

Have you ever scroll sat for someone, forgot you weren't logged into your scroll, and went egg hunting?

Have you ever scroll sat for someone, forgot you weren't on your scroll, then went egg hunting, only to see a Leetle tree, then clicked on it frantically after staring blankly for a few seconds, and then celebrated like crazy? And of course, you go to look at this beautiful leetle thing that you've been trying FOUR years to catch, only to go "Wait.... These aren't my dragons.... This isn't my..... Oh %$♪*#^+ @^%* on a stick."?

If you haven't, I'll be glad to let you know that I just did.

Logging into another members scroll is considered Multi scrolling. I strongly suggest you read the pinned topics.

Rules/ Guidelines, for Site Discussion/Sub-forums.

Scroll sitting: Be careful with how it is handled. Adding or removing dragons from fansites is fine. Catching breeding eggs for someone else can be seen as multi-scrolling.

went to bred my 4Gen shimmer for the first time and got a shimmer egg, only to auto abandon it because i can't count my own eggs dry.gif

Okay, clearly I am stupid for not keeping my bred black eggs, since I have missed several Alts by now....

And I have still none on my scroll. mad.gif

Why oh WHY couldn't I have picked up a Summer from Fall two (or was it three) summers ago!?

At this rate, it'll be next YEAR before I can breed the lineage I want. And I can't seem to find one either. No even by offering a CB Gold.

*Pulls hair out* It's even in a song, dang it. "Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall/All you've got to do is call/And I'll be there"

Edited by rayden54

Why oh WHY couldn't I have picked up a Summer from Fall two (or was it three) summers ago!?

At this rate, it'll be next YEAR before I can breed the lineage I want. And I can't seem to find one either. No even by offering a CB Gold.

*Pulls hair out* It's even in a song, dang it. "Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall/All you've got to do is call/And I'll be there"

Yeeeah, that line is beautiful! I've always wondered whether anyone works on such a project, but I'm not sure. I regret not caring for such things at all in the past: nowadays I have a couple of plans for lineages with seasonals, and it will take me...let's say a long while to finish them .___.

Seen your trades; it's sad to see you're having no success finding one like that! In any case good luck <3

Speaking of CB Golds, I'm currently trying to, well, raffle mine, and it's not really a stupid thing, buuut... honestly I was expecting it to be a little bit more successful xd.png So far only three people have entered with valid requests, and other people who have PMed me about it are offering a Paper for the Gold as an actual trade. rolleyes.gif

Well, a useful experience for me in any case, haha. I wonder what would happen if something like, say, CB Balloons were accepted instead: whether people would express more interest in participating or all it would result in would be *more* PMs offering to *trade*... xd.png

Edited by ZzelaBusya

@ZzelaBusya: well, gosh. I had a Paper hatchling only a few days ago; if I had noticed your raffle then I would have entered. I don't have a CB Gold yet so that would have been a good chance. >.<

There's my stupid thing! Though I could also consider forgetting to Influence as another mistake I've done recently... xd.png

edit: correction... I now have a CB Gold :3

Edited by Dimar

Yeeeah, that line is beautiful! I've always wondered whether anyone works on such a project, but I'm not sure. I regret not caring for such things at all in the past: nowadays I have a couple of plans for lineages with seasonals, and it will take me...let's say a long while to finish them .___.

Seen your trades; it's sad to see you're having no success finding one like that! In any case good luck <3

Speaking of CB Golds, I'm currently trying to, well, raffle mine, and it's not really a stupid thing, buuut... honestly I was expecting it to be a little bit more successful xd.png So far only three people have entered with valid requests, and other people who have PMed me about it are offering a Paper for the Gold as an actual trade. rolleyes.gif

Well, a useful experience for me in any case, haha. I wonder what would happen if something like, say, CB Balloons were accepted instead: whether people would express more interest in participating or all it would result in would be *more* PMs offering to *trade*... xd.png

Trading for a paper hatchling to enter your raffle. Finally got a paper hatchling...bby using my last available magi sad.gif Why oh why didn't I store up on magis when the AP had them at 3 days 23 hrs ? I mean really, I trade a lot and trading is even one of the things listed in my profile. THAT CLEARLY MEANS I SHOULD STORE UP OF MAGIS . Curse you laziness mad.gif

Edit: Got a PM with a magi link biggrin.gif so I'm not quite sure if this still counts. I'm going to leave it up anyways becasue, I mean, it's still incredibly stupid to plan and do multiple trades without enough magis. And to top it all off, I had gathered multiple magi... hatchlings. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Sarah864

I tried to catch a paper to enter XP Couldn't manage to snag one. That might be limiting some who would participate rolleyes.gif

Heehee but I think it's a good idea =)

Worst part is, my very first season here was a Summer. If I'd picked up a 2nd gen then I'd be done by now.

Oh well, still better than my other seasonal project. Worked on it for a year then realized it was impossible to finish--next generation bred females to females. Oops.

A few seconds ago, I saw that one of my 2nd gen Pinks from my favourite pairing on my scroll could breed. So I bred it to a Pink which was, at least I thought it, a 2nd gen from a completley different couple.

Nope, it wasn't. It was another 2nd gen from this favourite pairing!

Now I have this terrible inbred egg!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/WAQ9I

Went around collecting sketches for my dragon request and got a ton of people who said they would. You know the saying "don't count your eggs before they hatch"? Yeah, well only one person actually submitted a sketch in well over 2 months. And here's the stupid part, I treated the sketching IOUs like actual sketches and told people "I don't need anymore sketches but you're free to sketch anyways". Ugh. dry.gif

Edited by Sarah864

So, my lovely 9 year old daughter got her best friend to play DC. Mostly, as far as i understand, she wanted to show her friend her awesome army of pink dragons that defends against the Ken dolls of doom and the thing under the bed and her friend wanted one as well.

So dalady sits there explaining the whole catch and trade and which dragons are more valuable and her friend goes, "oh these ones".

and shows us the 3 CB golds she'd just caught... O_O