wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

My sister and I heard about the leetle trees today. So she was leaning over my shoulder as I hunted the cave and then...

We saw a Leetle Tree!

We shrieked for about 15 seconds "TREE! TREE! TREE!" Before I moved the mouse to the tree. It was, of course, claimed by then. And it's the only one I've seen in the last 45 minutes. *groan*

Hmmm, let's see, my idiotic actions for the day. I scheduled 2 trades on the IRC, and after the 1st was done I forgot the name of the 2nd, and thus cannot contact them unless they magically log back on when I'm there too. dry.gif

I saw 11 vampire eggs on the abandoned page, two at a time except for the last. Amazingly,I MISSED ALL OF THEM. Sigh....

When i had only been on DC for a few days as a very new newbie, i clicked an egg from the AP, and while looking at it, discovered that lineage link, clicked that and began looking over it's fairly short lineage.

Then i saw dragons in it's lineage who someone had called "Dorkface". 'Now that's a kinda mean thing to do..' i told myself, 'to call your dragon a name like that.', so abandoned it feeling awful about having a dragon named such a disparaging name. was a frill if i remember right too. *cringe and groan* oooooh boy was i an idiot! I can't believe i ever thought that OR abandoned a Dorky Frill!

On that thought, i too assumed that bright pinks and frills would always be abundant, so never clicked them. I couldn't visit DC for a few months due to computer problems, and returned to find both the frills and pinks were retired. *sobs* ..and made a similar assumption about sparks, ice, thunder and magmas, ouch. At least they do show up every so often in the AP, though i am never quick enough catch one.

When I joined, I thought "I've seen those pink eggs all over the place. They'll be easy to get later, I want some that are more rare." Cue TJ announcing that Bright Pinks would start to be phased out. Suddenly they were in high demand, and it was insanely hard to catch one. Finally I got one just before they were gone for good - mine is the latest one I've seen.

Tried to pass a Trio Thunder hatchie using the wrong code for the abandoned page. I was busily refershing trying to pick up the Thunder hatchie using the wrong code. The hatchie was released to the AP instead. huh.gif

Recently started fiddling around with cave born eggs, seeing if I could manage to create a neglected. Unfortunately, I completely forgot to unfog the egg I was experimenting on before I left for work, and by the time I got back home, there was absolutely no chance of saving it in the ER. (Needless to say, I now have a dead egg on my scroll.)

Over-anticipating at the cave entrance and clicking on eggs I don't want.

I had five hours wasted in each of the last two days.

When I first started, I killed 4 eggs at once accidentally, due to not knowing what a click site even was. One was a Bluna.

Not grabbing CB Bright Pinks, Blacks and Metallics when they were comon. sad.gif

Heheh, well, the stupid thing I've done TWICE is gone cave-searching for Sunsong Amphipteres and clicking when I see "This egg is glowing as brightly as the sun" even though I've visited the wiki HUNDREDS of times and know ALL the descriptions of the eggs! It's just seeing the word 'Sun' that triggers the click xd.png

tongue.gif

lol, I gave em to my sister though, since she likes Sunrise and Sunset dragons.

Another kinda dumb thing I did was get a hatchie that I wanted to give to my sister and then named it tongue.gif

Unable to abandon it, I now still have that dragon biggrin.gif

Iv'e been obsessive in my seeking of nebula dragons, and earlier today i was f5ing the abandoned section, and as soon as i pressed f5 a nebula dragon egg rezzed, and just as i got to it the page reloaded v.v Not to mention the time I got a winter egg and having a mini fit because i thought i got the ice legendary.

Edited by brad873

I bred this little guy.... when I already had five eggs. Two of which hatched approximately an hour later. I was kicking myself so hard! And then it got bitten, too. :-(

Edited by Calli Thaala

*think*

I fogged a hellfire egg, forgot about it...then used my green dragons earthquake BSA and killed it by accident sad.gif

And then there's the time I abandoned 2 stripes and a CB black >< let not get into my noob days though.

Just did it. Accidentally clicked breed for my favorite pair of dragons while completely hatchie locked. They have been uninterested for a while, and I have only gotten 1 Red egg from them. Click breed, they gave me a Nocturne egg, I was delighted, then heartbroken as I realized the egg auto-abandoned. ohmy.gifsad.gif

I found out that my male waterhorse was a Thuwed, but I hadn't named him correctly, so I named one of his children after him and stuck "Thuwed" on the end of it and released the first dragon. Then I realized I could never breed the new waterhorse with the same dragon because then all his children would be inbred. Only a few days later, it was announced that there would be renaming.

Killing my Leetle Tree because I thought it was indestructible. Lesson learned, and thank TJ for being merciful and restoring it.  <3

:o What was the killing message?

Another stupid thing I've done recently was breeding a stripe while I was locked.

Edited by Ninetails

Freezing a CB Black.....about 5 months before they became one of the rarest dragons on DC. ;_;

- Naming my dragon wrongly and releasing him... ._.

- Not grabbing Halloween event dragon

- Not submitting my Christmas Tree to the contest

Dunno how many fails I had done.

I tried to breed when i was locked and knew i was locked.

Trying to breed two dragons that don't like each other.

Trying to trade while being locked. ((In my defense neither one of us knew so that doesn't count.))

This one is tragic. I asked someone for a Thunder and he agreed and I changed my mind. I wanna cry.

I just forgot about my ND experiment. It died 2 hours ago and I just came online to a dead shell. Poor thing...

Edited by superguy16

Bred a gold while I was locked with 5 eggs and it produced 4 gold eggs... I knew I was locked but I forgot when I wanted to breed the dang thing

picked up a green dragon thinking it was a pink (I was looking at the wrong dragon when I clicked it)

releasing a dorkface thinking it was just another common I didn't need (the lineage wasn't really named except for the first 3 dragons in it)

killing a thuwed when I thought it said hide ((which after I did it I found it odd that it asked for my password to hide it... ))

I've done more but those are the worst

When I first started I caught a CB Ice, thought the icicles looked awkward and abandoned it. Now I can never find them and I still don't have any one of the trios.

Got scammed by a user who promised a Silver in exchange for a Stripe. (sleep.gif) They refused to show me their scroll, so I couldn't know for sure whether they actually "lost" the stripe or not, and then they wouldn't give me the promised Silver. Woot...

PS, no one do trades with ~Do not, Call another member out on the forum!~

Edited by _Z_