wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

With the day glory dragons I caught a cb in the AP and it had to be a male soooo stupid me influenced the egg to be a female. blink.gif Therefore I regretabley had to abandon it. I got another dayglory egg wasn't cb and this time I made sure I influenced it as a male.

Traded for an egg that was supposed to be a mate for one of my dragons, checked to make sure which gender the other dragon was, influenced it correctly... only to realize that the dragon I'd been looking at was the wrong one and the one that needed a mate is the other gender (i.e. the same gender which I influenced the new egg). ohmy.gif

Luckily I could trade for another egg (which I then influenced the other way) but I pulled my hair quite a bit at first. xd.png

Edited by dustpuppy

well, for one, I hiatused a lot.

because I didnt know about click sites and everything I had ended up dying (unless someone put my dragons in ers, and I thought it was a miracle)

overall, I missed 3 years of dc.

oh, and I just found the forums now.

in august

altho ive been playing since 09

yeeep.

I tried to name my dragon something and couldn't, I was like "Dang it, someone already has that name."

Forgetting that the someone was me, because I had already used that very name on one of my other dragons. tongue.gif

The dumbest thing I've done to date was when I first started. I was extremely new to DC, in fact if I remember right, it was my first day. I had gotten 4 eggs from the cave not knowing what they were or what they looked like. The descriptions meant nothing to me.

I ended up with a Water Dragon, a Storm(gray) dragon, a Canopy Dragon and a Green Dragon. however, since both the last two eggs were green in color I thought they were the same so I went to get rid of the 4th and get another.

I didn't have a clue that you could just send it to the AP pile. I killed it instead and couldn't get another egg for a while. I'm still beating myself up over killing the thing for no reason. dry.gif

The other mistake I made was also with the first three eggs. I didn't know about the click sites and so their first 3 or 400 clicks were all me. *headdesk*

Come to think of it, I don't remember how I found out about the click sites. huh.gif

I've come a long way since my rookie days. you won't see me making those kinda mistakes again. The only eggs that die on my watch are failed Vampire bites.

When I saw description of paper, I already have four eggs. I abandoned a egg at another page. and click;; that egg was taken by somebody;;;

It was one of my story at very beginning;;;

Had a bit of a panic moment when I was checking the eggs for my current breeding project against each other and one of the combinations came up inbred.

...A moment later, I realized that I'd checked the egg against itself- of course that would result in ancestor repeats.

Forgot to add one more mistake to my list.

I froze a Blue Stripe, but it was both a Thuwed and a Dorkface.

My only defense was I didn't know about those two lineages at the time. I wish I had. sad.gif

Oh I did one more was trying to get cb eggs in the AP got an cb summer egg and then I got a neo=tropical. So without really thinking straight abandoned the summer instead of the neo-tropical. So when I looked on my scroll and realized what had happened shook my head in dismay. I ended up abandoning the neo-tropical as well. Back to Square one again. rolleyes.gif

In my first days playing, I saw a thunder egg in the cave and didn't grab it, 'cause I thought it was the electric one.

I tried to name my dragon something and couldn't, I was like "Dang it, someone already has that name."

Forgetting that the someone was me, because I had already used that very name on one of my other dragons. tongue.gif

Haha! I keep doing the same thing. When you get over a certain number of dragons, you start forgetting what names you've already used. laugh.gif

I was AP-hunting, refreshed the page, and suddenly my brain said something like: "STAY AWAY FROM THAT EGG! DANGER! POISON! DO NOT TOUCH!", I moved the cursor to the corner the furthest away from that egg, and then I asked my brain what was going on.

The egg was a red Dino, which admittedly looks like a poisonous mushroom. I don't collect Dinos, so I don't care I didn't try to get it, but I thought it was funny how that egg's colours scared my brain like that. laugh.gif

When the new release came out I was trying to get a Lindwurm egg and miss clicked on a Moonshine egg.

Just picked up a bloodmoon as the result of a violent sneeze. xd.png

The usual; didn't realize I was egglocked and bred. It was a Gold Shimmer X Golden Wyvern pair, without Fertility, so I didn't really expect them to breed a Shim... laugh.gif

Edited by Dimar