wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Me too. Every time. rolleyes.gif (But I've only had mine for a week or so). I've gotten the limit page like 3 times. How did it take so long to get the first one?? xd.png

I got mine when the royal crimsons were being released, all the attention was at the volcano so I took a tree from the forest unnoticed. tongue.gif

I've had a leetle tree for a year now and I still auto-click every single one I see.  rolleyes.gif

If it makes you feel any better, because I was hanging around the forum when someone came and posted "Why are their trees in the cave", I was able to get one within about 5 minutes of the release - so almost 5 years I've had that tree and I still sometimes click the darn things. xd.png

I decided it would be an awesome idea to get a 2nd gen Shimmer from Waterwalker. Now I'm banging my head into the wall...

http://dragcave.net/progeny/0gp5d

I have total sympathy for you. I have a 2nd gen Tinsel/Waterwalker that frustrates me constantly.

Why? sad.gif

Thank goodness I don't plan to trade the Tin offspring, because I'd be doing a lot more shouting at the computer each week.

I have total sympathy for you.  I have a 2nd gen Tinsel/Waterwalker that frustrates me constantly.

Why? sad.gif

Thank goodness I don't plan to trade the Tin offspring, because I'd be doing a lot more shouting at the computer each week.

Oh, ouch. D: Very pretty combo, though o3o

Unfortunately for me, I was stupid enough to make a one-person list for the 2nd gen, and his baby, who absolutely hates me. I've had her since April, and still not a single shiny from the damn thing... I even tried breeding her to a different mate when I bred her last week. Still no luck ):

Not a "stupid thing I did" but a "stupid thing my dragons did".

I picked up a 2nd gen horse from the AP. It was from horse/female silver. The same day, I picked up a 2nd gen hellfire wyvern that was wyvern/male silver. I thought "Oooh, I'll influence one to be male, and one female, and then I will have super awesome silver lineaged hellhorses!!"

They matured. I bred them. They refused to go near each other. NOOOOOO.

Luckily I have both a CB male and female silver, so I'll try breeding new mates for them. Grrr. Silly dragons, refusing perfectly good mates..

Oh, ouch. D: Very pretty combo, though o3o

Unfortunately for me, I was stupid enough to make a one-person list for the 2nd gen, and his baby, who absolutely hates me. I've had her since April, and still not a single shiny from the damn thing... I even tried breeding her to a different mate when I bred her last week. Still no luck ):

Wow, that one's super stubborn - it won't even give you commons. blink.gif

To add to my personal stupidity in this matter, I keep using Fertility even though I know it's probably just upping my change of, yes, getting an egg, but it will still be a Waterwalker. lol

My niece has a 2nd gen Bronze/Mint Tin, and she has the very same problem.

It's terrible because you know it's more valuable for being a Prize/common combo, but then it taunts you by denying you you're reward...That's how the game gets you. dry.gif

At least you're not too completely idiotic to use fertility, Skauble. :c

I've been working on a fifth gen purebred crimson lineage, even gen with a love letter as names for my partner.

Knowing the mate would grow up at 7AM, I have forced myself to stay awake to breed the final egg. However, instead of jut breedi g them, I thought i'd use fertilty to almost ensure an egg. I pressed breed and bred the purple tp the crimson male instead. They created an egg, so I've had to kill it so it doesn't show up in the progeny.

I'm not borhered about the 24 hour lock, but I'm so angry t myself for being stupid enough to do that. I was so excited to show him all of the hard work I've devoted to the project.

Dang, I'm stupid..

(Sorry for typos, I'm on a ridiculously broken tablet)

Keep myself locked for days. x3

↑↑↑ This. All those low-time hatchable eggs in the AP are impossible to resist, then I find myself locked with the hatchies for the next three days. >_<

The good news is that I caught a vamp egg in the AP! The bad news is, it was two eggs away from a lighting, which I didn't see until after I clicked. Maybe the only reason I caught it was because everyone else was distracted. biggrin.gifsad.gif

*sigh*

Owe someone a 4G Shimmer? Too impatient to wait until you get home to breed? Attempt breeding on a mobile device?? Well, then this happens! dry.gif

Ugh.

*smacks self in the head*

At least I didn't misbreed it with something horrid. And thank the gods that they only spat out a fail egg. I would have been royally ticked if they'd produced a Shimmer....

I abandoned an egg that I still need to complete my scroll. I thought I already had the dragon on my scroll dry.gif .

Next time I really have to check twice before I abandon an egg.

Well, I have completely no idea if these lineage project Flamingos rejected each other or not. I was trying to breed on mobile, at the top of the hour, and there was lag... I was impatient so I didn't want to wait until the lag disappeared, and I ended up breeding the dragons but didn't see the results. Obviously they didn't produce an egg, but the back button didn't help me so I guess I'll wait a week to see if they were compatible. rolleyes.gif

Not so much a thing I did as a thing I ALMOST did:

I nearly answered a question that a person asked in 2012 because someone necro'd an ancient thread. The person asking probably knows the answer by now, if they're even still around.

I ALWAYS click on CB Gold Wyverns thinking they are CB Golds. I even click on them as I realize my mistake. I've snagged 2 this way in the past week. One I needed, but now I don't know whether to keep the other or not.

I accidentally bred a stripe to it's papa. Such horrible inbreeding. I am so sorry sad.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Uc4wS

Been there, done that. Bred a Purple with her Ridgewing brother. The result admittedly didn't look totally terrible, though.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/F3V83

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan