wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Biting an egg. ಠnಠ

edit: aw butts I also forgot about the new release *facepalm*

Edited by Shadowdrake

Forgetting to influence... especially on a nice lineages! (luckily I have started to remember better)

Thinking that random gifting will feel nice when I'm about to do that?

Happens every time. I don't demand PMs/posts stating the person has taken my dragon, but isn't it just common courtesy to let the gifter know you got the egg/hatchie? Apart from that, it took nearly 10 minutes for my Gold to be taken this time. Sure, that one wasn't CB or 2nd gen, but it wasn't inbred or anything, and come on, it's a freebie.

People complain that rares are so hard to get, they come up with ways to make them easier to obtain and create suggestion topics, some demand rares for everyone... Well, then, why don't you take them when they are up for grabs?

I'm not talking about gifts to friends, that's great. But when it comes to random gifts, I get more and more frustrated. Maybe it's high time I simply stopped doing that if my gifts aren't appreciated, even nice ones like 2nd gen Metals. On another site some users call me greedy because I don't gift to people I don't know, but whatever.

*sighs*

Edited by ZzelaBusya

Taking a DC vacation, and then coming back and not remembering that you really should remember to check your scroll regularly. I grabbed a few eggs, and then forgot to check my scroll for a few days because I'd gone like 2 months without, and one ran out of time.

i accidentally bit a nebula egg i was about to send someone.

i'm still mad about it

I was in the process of moving back up to Uni, and so I didn't have much time on DC. I made an offer on a spiral bronze shimmer, forgot about it, and was suprised to find it on my scroll. Due to the lack of time I wasn't really thinking properly and forgot to influence it and he gendered wrong to continue the lineage :'(

He's my first shimmer too, and I was looking forward to having a little line of them.

Edited by Prince_Xanthius

Easily THEE stupidest thing I've ever done on the site.

I had a Bronze Shimmer Spiral (12th Gen) that I said I would give away if no one had put up an offer. At the same time, I had an 8th Gen EG Bronze Shimmer I was going to use in my EG project.

Well, no offers came up, so I put the egg up for gifting.

You can guess the rest. :'(

Welp, I've only been here a month so far. Bumped my mouse against the edge of my keyboard and apparently clicked kill egg.

):

I have been planning to start a particular lineage, but had to wait until I could get a CB gold (which I finally did). I bred the gold with the mate I wanted, and got a gold egg, which then AUTO ABANDONED because I was egglocked. Aaaargh. I can't believe I was so stupid sad.gif

If anybody happened to grab a 2nd gen gold (x green) egg, I would really love it back (as I would have liked to keep the first born from this lineage. I promise you the next gold egg from this pair in exchange. Or, if you really don't want to give it up, can you at least contact me, and I would just ask that you name it in a certain way.

Picking up an ER flamingo just to realize that there was also a gold shimmer on the pile.

Stupidest thing... Definitely missing two CB silvers by being overburdened because I forgot to drop an unwanted egg. It would be my first CB metallic ever, caught after years of hunting sad.gif

Neglected experiments: I'm almost never HERE when they end.

When I first joined, it took me weeks to finally raise some dragons to adulthood. I released them to the wilderness. All of them. e^e

Kept a spriter alt list that I still haven't finished. I feel like I will never be out of egg debt.

I just had a lot of rares breeding really well, so I decided to breed a certain Gold. I KNEW I was egglocked, but this female has literally NEVER given me an egg before so I didn't expect one now. I've always intended to regift her offspring to a certain thread.... Well, she bred a Gold that auto'ed. mad.gif

It may be months again before I get another Gold from her.

I forgot to influence two my 4th EG, PB Stripeds, this one and this one. Their mates has been waiting since forever, and now, they just gendered wrong Y_____Y. It's just toooooo time-consuming to breed the right color striped from the right pair.

edited to lineage links - ruby

Edited by rubyshoes

I've finally, after a few years here joined the 'never thought about being locked and bred' camp.

Someone is going to enjoy a lovely hellhorse when it gets in the AP...might even look for it myself...!

Accidentally canceled my trade offer, losing a lot of very nice offers. rolleyes.gif

I still do not even remember canceling it, so I have no idea how it happened.

I am a klutz. xd.png