wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Abandoning a Gold Shimmer I JUST traded for... I have no idea what happened, but I wanted to fog it for the night, and instead I mindlessly and tiredly clicked through abandoning it. I'm just a special brand of stupid tonight, I guess.

*cries*

It was the first Gold Shimmer I managed to trade for, and now it's gone

*cries more*

ETA: That just serves as proof that it's STUPID not to have activated the password-requirement for actions like that... stupid stupid stupid

wow. that must of felt awful.

who owns the parents? maybe you can get them to change the names like Wolfsong did to try to get it back.

Abandoning a Gold Shimmer I JUST traded for... I have  no idea what happened, but I wanted to fog it for the night, and instead I mindlessly and tiredly clicked through abandoning it. I'm just a special brand of stupid tonight, I guess.

*cries*

It was the first Gold Shimmer I managed to trade for, and now it's gone

*cries more*

ETA: That just serves as proof that it's STUPID not to have activated the password-requirement for actions like that... stupid stupid stupid

Oh wow, I'm so sorry! It's weird how your head does that, right? It happened to me last year (or the year before that?). I was really in love with the silver tinsel x fem tan ridgewing lineage. I finally secured a trade for one, and received the egg around Christmas. I was breeding other tinsels to spread the cheer and somehow abandoned that one as well. So devastated. Never saw it again. :'(

*snugs*

Oh wow, I'm so sorry! It's weird how your head does that, right? It happened to me last year (or the year before that?). I was really in love with the silver tinsel x fem tan ridgewing lineage. I finally secured a trade for one, and received the egg around Christmas. I was breeding other tinsels to spread the cheer and somehow abandoned that one as well. So devastated. Never saw it again. :'(

*snugs*

i was working on that one-season-per-generation, traded for a high gen one I needed as a mate, was breeding other ones and gifting.. someone took one of mine that was the one I wanted.. never saw it again.

silly me for putting it in the tradelink as a transfer and all and not doublechecking.

Yeah, the mind is a weird place, but thanks for your moral support smile.gif It helped to get it out and get a little support smile.gif

The owner of the parents was extremely sweet and agreed to make another little replacement deal in a few weeks, so I'll be getting a Gold Shimmer after all smile.gif But still... that was positively the stupidest thing I've ever done on DC LOL xd.png

I... I look away for one second and I miss a Gold Shimmer in the AP...

;_;

EDIT: Meh, it wasn't the best of lineages and it went to someone without any, so I don't really care.

Edited by MaggieXawesomeness

I lock myself with a "goldenscale loto/good finds" situation and a tsunami appears in the AP. Curiosity getting the better of me, I look at it's lineage.

...It was a Even PB 3rd Gen...

I'm gona miss a lot of stuff due to Goldenscale...especially due to the bonus dragon...

Edited by warriorjames

Mindlessly clicking on a Sunset egg in the AP (I already had one, which I wanted, but I did not need two) while a golden eggie of some sort was right next to it. My brain was not working. blink.gif

Then forgot egg descriptions and clicked on "This egg is really hot" in the biomes (while looking for a Red egg "warm") and got an Ember. While waiting five hours to abandon, and still looking for a Red egg, I clicked on another Ember ... Now have to wait for both to cool down so I can dump them. o.O

Edited by missy_

My shimmer is about to grow up and i have no breedable mate for her. x.x

I used up my last CB male ember breeding a egg for a friend's friend who just started playing DC while unconscious of how few CB male embers i had. Now im stuck in suspense with 2 CB ungendered ember hatchlings and 2 CB male embers on breeding cooldown.

hnnnn.

Edited by suskekun222

Snagged a stone egg from the cave instead of looking for a low-time one in the AP. tongue.gif Oh well....

Lol Earthgirl that was a good one!

I can queue myself in the shimmer breeding to AP.....

I really hope it get to someone nice rolleyes.gif

But surely that won't happen to me again tongue.gif

did not have male pink hatchling to influence and gender my important egg correctly

but i got it later on from a friend

then i realize i have no cb female royal blue to continue the lineage

ah.............

The stupidest thing I did was TRY to catch a 2gen shimmer from the ap ( Silver) and I got the overburden message. I got rid of all of my eggs and almost wanted to sob xd.png

I was looking for a specific species of uncommon in the AP and got so monofocused that I absentmindedly refreshed past a Magma.

I. Missed. A. 3rd. Gen. Brine. In. The. AP

ANDYOUKNOWWHATITWOULDNTBESOFLIPPINGBADIFITWASNTATINSELDESCENDANT raaaage

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I caught that one and gifted it to a friend. Sorry. sad.gif

What I'm learning from this thread is that I should be watching the AP very closely for the immediate future, lol.

I don't think I've done anything really stupid recently, unless you count keeping myself almost constantly locked with eggs I'm trying to gift away, but no one will take them so I have no space to catch things for myself. =/

I completely forgot to influence my shimmer before it hatched. I hadn't even realized that I had forgotten until a short period before it gendered. It was just luck that it gendered the right way anyways.

went cave hunting at work...and due to the faulty mouse, i wasn't able to move it fast enough to click on a newly spawned cb silver. lame! guess i should just do my job...what a slap in the face haha.

I just missed clicking on a silver Tinsel egg on the AP, because I was bus rocking to music. rolleyes.gif

Alpine biome... Clicked on an Ice egg... And then realized there was a CB SILVER EGG next to it, but when I click it, it was already gone D:

At least got the ice egg

Alpine biome... Clicked on an Ice egg... And then realized there was a CB SILVER EGG next to it, but when I click it, it was already gone D:

At least got the ice egg

Argh! That is painful just reading about it. xd.png

~~~~~

Bred a Glitterball! Then realized it had the wrong parents ... Father terribly inbred. blink.gif Gifted to someone who will love it. laugh.gif

Something in the brain want to equate "brilliant radiance" with "beautiful glow," and the "beautiful glow" invariably shows up after I misclick the "brilliant radiance." dry.gif

accidentally killed a batch of eggs because i let time run down too long and couldn't save them.