wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

1) Left a CB Spring started hatchie to die because I had a feud with the person that wanted it.

2)Almost let my first Gold die and named it GoldernDemon instead of GoldenDemon.

Done quite a few stupid things..REALLY stupid..only got ONE c/B black when I first was a member..as I thought(well..what WE ALL THINK)they are gonna be around always!

I missed first year of Valentines/Christmas yules,etc,..But in spite of all my silly mistakes(forgetting to name a THUWED with that name(I felt awful & bred it and immediately named baby for its parentage...)Ive done some really good work by finding great online buds,and for any help Imay give..I seem to get it back three-fold!! biggrin.gif THATS why Im such prolific gifter..hehehe!!Karma DOES work both ways!! i love DC!

Rockin' On

When i first joined, I saw 2 CB pinks and a CB vine, but didn't even try to grab any, because i hate pink, and I already had a vine and didn't think lineages really mattered yet xd.png . It was an AP catch so It has the messiest lineage of all time, but I just thought the egg was pretty.

EDIT: that was in April. TOday, I saw the first CB vine since then xd.png

Edited by Hawktalon

You'd think I'd be over making stupid mistakes by now. But no, last night was a real doozie.

I was hitting buttons too fast, trying to get a hatchie frozen before going to bed. I must have hit the name action by mistake, didn't bother reading the page, and plugged my password in as a name instead. And it got accepted! So I had to change my password, and now wait for the renaming action to come through so I can fix my mistake. As if that weren't enough, I named one of my newly gendered females and didn't remember until after I was done that she was a Dorkface-Thuwed. So I screwed that up too.

I should have just gone to bed after the first one went badly.

Lack of sleep will do these things to you. I have an even 5th gen with 8 different thuwed pairs in the lineage. So what did I forget to put in his name? I can haz re-name now?

actually seeing a silver egg in the cave after almost a year and getting so stunned i clicked on it too late...naturally

1) Seeing a gold egg and having a *duh* GOLD reaction that caused me to lose it.

2) Naming a hatchie I was trying to trade

3) Breeding a silver when I was scroll-locked (luckily no silver came of it LOL)

4) Not picking up CB Blacks when I was first on the cave, I picked up long lineaged blacks off the ap I eventually released and, by that time, the Blacks were scarce as hen's teeth

5) Breeding a pair of dragons that had already refused each other (thank goodness for the new set up that will help eliminate mistakes like that)

And I'm sure many more I don't remember now...

1-Not joining DC sooner. I knew about the site pretty early, but I didn't realize how easy it was to get eggs enough views to hatch then xd.png

2-When I DID join (Christmas '09) I was too much of a newb to grab CB Snow Angels.

3-Not grabbing more frills D:

Really those are the only regrets I have.

Oh, I forgot! I never grabbed a frill, and they dissapeared a few weeks after I joined, and I didn't know that they were going to be disscontinued. I was always left wondering why people had those save the frills sigs.

I tried transforming a mint egg into a vampire, being a tad wasted and tired already, I wasn't paying attention and bit the wrong egg, a Holly, and killed it. I was planning on gifting it to my sister. I still beat myself over that day.....

not joining in 08 when I first discovered the site. Freezing a black.

killing my only dorsal (fail zombie)

eating oreos while refreshing the AP page. a marrow popped up and was there through two refreshes before i dropped my oreo on the ground and got the "unfortunately, you weren't fast enough..."

the same happened with a silver hatchie about 3 mins after the marrow. don't eat while AP hunting!

Quitting DC and coming back.

Not paying enough attention to what people wanted in lineages when I started. If I had, I may not have frozen all the cb hatchies that I did. Now I don't have as many dragons I can breed + trade. sad.gif

My worst mistake was a doozy. I lost interest in DC right after Xmas two years(Holy wow has it really been that long?) ago and I let my hollybucks die because I wasn't spamming them enough. Now I wish I still had um of course. Maybe I can catch some sooner or later, but man if even one had survived I would have been happy.

Had two black hatchlings on my scroll, one with a pretty lineage I intended to keep going and one I intended to freeze... guess which one accidentally got frozen?

Tried to force a Sweetling egg, killed it instead. Edit: Apparently I gifted my second Sweetling, did not fail forcing it. Huh.

Caught a 4 of the Beat the Heat eggs the day they came out, didn't post them on any sites, lost internet for weeks- didn't try and contact a scroll sitter.

Too many things to remember. xd.png

Edited by Draco Knight

Accidentally breeding my first 2nd gen stripe right now (parents marrow x stripe) when I have 5 hatchies. Damn I'm such an IDIOT

I didn't grab enough CB blacks when they were super common!! UGH.

Also, I once abandoned a hatchling I really was trying to freeze. Typed in my password and everything :/

Let's see...

Not grabbing enough CB Blacks when the cave was full of them. Not grabbing enough CB Bright Pinks when the cave was full of them. I have enough Frills however biggrin.gif

Getting fed up with the Valentine release '09 to the point of not bothering to catch a CB anymore. Although I have so prettily lineaged ones now, maybe it wasn't a mistake after all.

Taking a break from DC and missing out on so many eggs when they were probably very or at least somewhat easy to get a hold of. rolleyes.gif