wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I kept typing FREEZE over and over, finally realizing I was in the naming menu. Whee, sleep deprivation!

Started typing this in the "Tiny little questions" thread...

Why are there holiday eggs with 4d 14h left in the AP at 11:03 am Cave Time? When they show 14h, they must have at least 13h (plus one second or so) left, so they should go down to 4d 0h at 11:03 + 13 hours = 3 minutes past midnight on the 17th. So they were bred after midnight on... um... oh. OH. Okay. I was wrong by a whole day. We are not in the last few minutes of valentine eggs, we have a whole day of bred eggs left. o_O

... I could have just looked at their "Laid on" date, too.

(Did I at least get it right now...? ¬_¬ )

Last night, I kept picking up radiant angel and mistletoe 2nd gens and throwing them away because I thought I had that pair ... I in fact did not have that pair and dropped like 3 eggs about 2 dozen times -.-

Counted my eggs (7/8) but not my total growing things (24/24) when breeding for one of my lineages ...

(So of course it was the breed I wanted)

*In the biomes*

"Hey that looks like the description for a Gold dragon egg"

*goes over to the "which egg is which?" page on the wiki to double check*

"Ah, it is! Wa WAIT A MOMENT"

Edited by AislinnSi

44 minutes ago, TheWolfShapedBullet said:

Stupidly left my scroll visible for a few hours while I attended to family stuff today (foolish of me to think that I'd be in the clear for once).

Came back just now to find that the two new 2nd gen PB green stripes that I finally managed to trade for this morning are dead and my whole scroll was put up on every possible click site.

Thanks a lot, spiteful jerkfaces!

I hope that karma has some lovely surprises for you ASAP.

Things like this make me really hate this game:angry:

I can try to breed a replacement set of PB Green Stripes for you :)

Forgot I was picking up the game again and lost my poor adopted holiday baby :C.

It had such a nice lineage, too. I feel like an idiot. Now I've got this egg on my scroll like a mark of shame.

I love hunting and trading, just for the fun of it (so happy whenever I see a notification or a trade goes through xD) and I'm an okayish cave hunter whenever I'm patient enough, but I ended up always trading my catches. So now for my scroll goals I would have to keep almost everything trade-worthy that I catch and I feel so tempted to trade them away. Should have prioritized scroll goals first haha but it's so fun...

"Automatically abandoned an egg or hatchling due to breed limits."

WHY I only had 5 eggs and I was so happy I could try to breed the pair again. Oh yes, I know why. SCROLLLOCKED. I'm so angry at myself right now for not checking. Also I have an egg in trades I picked up drom the AP and really don't need. Would love it so much if we were asked which egg to let go.
Hope whoever finds the baby loves and even better also names it. ;___;

Just influenced a blue lunar egg from a mistletoe mom female, when I needed it male.  Ugh.  Now I have to wait until next blue cycle.

1 hour ago, blackdragon71 said:

Just influenced a blue lunar egg from a mistletoe mom female, when I needed it male.  Ugh.  Now I have to wait until next blue cycle.

If it's still an egg you can have someone bounce the egg for you [you teleport it to them and they teleport it back], which erases the influence so you can influence it properly ❤️

This thread is great for doing that for you. There's a form you can fill out on the front page.

19 hours ago, bonvoyage said:

If it's still an egg you can have someone bounce the egg for you [you teleport it to them and they teleport it back], which erases the influence so you can influence it properly ❤️

This thread is great for doing that for you. There's a form you can fill out on the front page.

Thank you so much for the tip!   :)

Never check the cave eggs while you're egglocked!

Why?

There have been times where I've gotten bored, clicked the cave then seen Leetles and rare eggs appear in the cave while my scroll was full of eggs.

It hurts... watching all those rares slip away and no matter what you can't get them because your scroll is egglocked...

Anyone else ever accidentally re-sort their entire scroll?

I did.  That thing.  Because I am stupid.

Am physically nauseous at the thought of putting all 4000+ critters back in an order familiar to me, as much of my scroll was custom-sorted.  Have to undertake this grueling task anyway, because right now I can't find anything.

☠️ Think I'd prefer to eat some poison instead.  An agonizing death sounds much more appealing than fixing almost 10 years worth of work undone by a single distracted click.  And why is there 'Are you sure this is what you want to do?' pop-ups on pretty much every other action in this game, except this?!

A classic, again: didn't realize I was egg-locked and bred an egg I was supposed to keep (and I was looking so forward to it...)

Oh well. Another week waiting, if I get lucky with the next breeding 😕

OMG for the last TWO WEEKS, I have been trying to use the trading hub and getting more and more sad/upset that I didn't even receive a single offer on anything I've been putting up (wondering whether things have gotten so devalued, etc. etc.)

Turns out I wasn't even posting any of them as public trades so nobody was even going to see them!!! I feel pretty stupid right now =/

Edited by Pryanka
Typod

Saw a CB Silver and stupidly stared at it for 15 seconds, just long enough to lose it to someone else. Sob. I was wanting one so bad. 

Also lost a freakin' CB Floret. I didn't even know those were so in demand. The thing was up as long as the silver. I saw it, clicked, and it was gone. Argh! I need to stop staring at egg descriptions I don't see often enough to immediately know, like "beautiful glow" and "reflective". I even missed the only CB Gold I've ever seen because of this. 

22 minutes ago, YATA-GARASU said:

CB Cheese

There's no Cheese that is not CB, last I checked. ;)

I keep locking myself with CB codes instead of continuing my breeding projects ...

Got at least 5 if not more incoming ious at the same time so I have to juggle 10+ transfer bookmarks to grab them all as they grow. ah hatchie lock how you kill me

Once again put off naming dragons until the amount is simply overwhelming. Was going to catch up on the 40-50 Valentine dragons after the V-day AP wall broke, but then I didn't... I now have over 170 unnamed dragons. 

This one is a positive one but still a bit silly of me at the same time. Just read the story and it will make sense

Was new to game. Picked up Winter Seasonal egg. It wasn't CB but I didn't pay attention to its lineage that much and I was very new to the game so didn't bat an eye at the lineage.

Today went back to that dragon, clicked it's lineage...

It turns out I had picked up a Alt Sweetling-kin without realising it. Very cool :D

Lineage if you're curious

Edited by lunalamoon18

I need to stop breeding the wrong dragons together. One day I'll learn, but not before my dragons now have a non-mate at the top of their breeding list because I can't click the right buttons...

A Copper and Silver spawned next to each other in the Desert and half-awake me thought the Silver was a Nebula so I clicked the Copper.

A while ago I made a trade trying to get something in exchange for 4 CB Flamingo hatchlings... I had a total of 5 Flamingo hatchlings on my scroll at the time though. After they grew up with no offers, I realized that I put a Flamingo in the trade that wasn't CB, instead of the other one that was. Ugh so many Flamingos that day. Hopefully people didn't think I was trying to swindle them!