wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I would say this was a little stupid of me.
I had taught we were going to have new eggs in November forgetting that's a rare event. So I left my scroll open. In the chaotic mess of real-life end of semester final project/exam, it slipped my mind to breed my seasonals to get 3rd gen Falls. Which I just did, this resulted in 2 of the 8 showing no interest this week.

Now I'm short for two 3rd gen for the seasonal lineage project I'm working on and winter seasonals starts on  Friday, December 21 which doesn't give enough time for the dragon to cool down. Oops! I really don't want to wait an extra year to complete the project just because of that mistake. This is the lineage pattern I am working on https://dragcave.net/lineage/4z2d1.

Edited by dragongirl02

I accidentally abandoned the wrong hatchie.  It was a CB Whiptail with a palindrome code. I'll be kicking myself over this for a while.

I guess I shouldn't be playing at 1:30 am as a tired mess. Bred my one CB solstice to my GoN, was egglocked, bye eggs. And only a few seconds after I did that, the egg that was locking me hatched >.>

I completely forgot that bred Hollies as well as bred Mistletoes can come up either gender, and so I forgot to influence the first three I bred and traded for. Thankfully, only one misgendered and I was able to replace, but still... that's one less egg I'll be able to raise to adulthood this year. 😕

So, yeah, PSA for the newer folks: Influence your bred Hollies and Mistletoes!

Apparently I'm stupid for breeding a pair while I have held eggs. Just lost the entire clutch.

Edit: Forget my request of dubious legality from earlier. I'm going to abandon its intended mate as well and try both pairs again next year, that's ironically less risky than the alternative.

Edited by pinkgothic

This morning I keep grabbing at Solstice eggs even though I know they're going to hatch blue-winged from the AP times.

this is the second year in a row i've traded for a mistletoe i need as a mate for a waterhorse x mistletoe checker.

it is the second year in a row i have forgotten to influence the egg.

so, you guessed it, it is the second year in a row the mistletoe has gendered male (and therefore the second year in a row i've failed to get a mate for the checker i have.)

stupid things i've done part 2: if i had just bred a 2g mistletoe last year after i messed up the 3g, i could have bred my own 3g this year instead of having to trade for one (although i still would have forgotten to influence it....)

d'oh.

Edited by miaou

Keep picking up Snow Angels when I'm already over my scroll-goals for them. Why are there so many in the AP this year? Also, constantly missing breeds I need because I get distracted whenever I see a Holly egg. 

Reviewed my breeding list. I needed a 2G Pacified Aegis x Sunrise and a 2G Holly x Deep Sea.

Headed directly to my scroll. 

Bred a 2G Pacified Aegis x Deep Sea. :o:blink::blush::wacko::angry:

I suppose it could have been worse.  At least I stopped before I forged on ahead to misbreed my Holly too.   

Updated:  I now unexpectedly own a 2G Aegis x Sunrise, thanks to an amazing DC'er. :wub::wub:

Edited by Terrafreaky

On 12/21/2018 at 12:54 PM, catstaff said:

I completely forgot that bred Hollies as well as bred Mistletoes can come up either gender, and so I forgot to influence the first three I bred and traded for. Thankfully, only one misgendered and I was able to replace, but still... that's one less egg I'll be able to raise to adulthood this year. 😕

So, yeah, PSA for the newer folks: Influence your bred Hollies and Mistletoes!

This...bred two 2nd gen Hollies for a lineage, both turned out to be female... send them to the AP. For my Mistletoes, one of three misgendered, and I am really really glad that it was not the one egg I was gifted, but one that I bred myself.

Try again next year I guess. Maybe I find the right kind of Holly eggs in the AP, but I don't really have the time to stalk there.

Was stalking a SA kin egg, it should be appearing according to egg times but refuses. So I come back later and it’s gone :( it’s the only on in AP too.

Ugh, i had found a nice new spriter's alt lineaged mate for an old holiday dragon I've had for years, but forgot about it. Bred it to the old mate instead. Oh well, next year ... unless I forget again!

Got distracted with the holidays I let my fall eggs all die and was working on a complex lineage that needed those fall eggs. Guess I have to redo it next year going to take way longer then it should. 

@Azules Ouch, maybe rename the parents with your forum name and that you offer to breed another prize for the finder? Sb. got theirs back that way a few months back. (and hope that this will be soon even with the AP wall)

Edited by Soulsborne

I made a similar post here kind of recently, and then had a similar situation happen again. Just recently I forgot about my eggs and when I remembered that I definitely had forgotten something, I saw that the eggs had about 1 day left. I'm glad I realized my mistake soon enough...

Saw a Dino in the cave, spazz-clicked all *around* the egg, took a good 20 seconds to actually click the egg, started berating myself for missing it.... Nope, I got it! This is going in 'stupid things' because I seem to do that a lot, get mad about not getting something before actually knowing if I got it. I need to stop that. 

Thought I bred my CB Yulebuck to a CB Magma, but it was a 3rd gen magma instead. So of course they made an egg, and of course said egg then refused to vamp when I tried to bite it. I'm not the cleverest today...

Was one generation away from completing a neat lineage I'd thought up.  Tried to breed the two intended mates before the holiday and got no egg, so I figured I'd wait till after the Christmas madness had settled down, then try again.

After Christmas, I remembered! That I needed to breed!  For my lineage!  So I rushed in and bred the pair again, and they produced exactly the egg I wanted! 

...Which auto-abandoned, because I had too many hatchlings left from Christmas.  DX 

Congrats to the new owner, and please keep your fingers crossed that this pair will produce a replacement egg at next breeding? 

I did a really stupid thing on New Year, which - I implore you - should be a lesson for everybody: Don't drink and play DC!

I wanted to peer into the gender of a hatchie I collected from the AP, but instead of using Precognition, I released the AeonWyvern. A CB female AeonWyvern! *headdesk*

Ok so I've got a CB Chrono Xeno. I've also got a CB Aeon. Those two should make a perfect lineage! I use Fertility on both of them to try and prevent a reject, now I should breed them!

turns out they're both male

Edit:

image.png.dfaee55aa0e1e710ce20e0eed6e7df13.png

On the bright side, guess that Fertility wasn't a waste after all. I've been trying for quite a while to get an Aeon out of these two.

Edited by FlyingDragona

6 hours ago, FlyingDragona said:

I use Fertility on both of them

Only one is enough. If only ONE half of a pair has had Fertility used on that, that is setting the whole breeding under romantic candlelight to try and prevent refusal. The second Fertility doesn't change that anymore.

I forgot to keep an eye on my bf's scroll, since we've both been really busy the past couple of weeks. Turns out, he forgot to check too, and the Garlands I bred him died. :(   Revival was unsuccessful. So I'll have to breed him some again next Christmas. (He tried to catch CBs as well during the Holiday drops, but there were hardly any to be seen for some reason, so the ones I bred for him were his only two Garlands...and they're his favorite. :( )   He feels so bad about it, and so do I.

I auto abandoned a pretty Rainbow Copper holiday kin! I feel so dumb because I went to click on it to view the lineage and couldn't...then remembered that I was locked T_T

I mean I have all year to breed again and they didn't reject so win-win-lose atm

Screenshot_20190107-113501.png

I bred my CB Shimmerscale straight to the AP again because I was distracted. My final year of university is stressing me out a lot and I really wish I wouldn't make these IOUs any more complicated for myself. I hate the auto-abandon mechanic with a passion. Oh well, it happens.

Edited by Nagapie