wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Twice in the last week, traded 4 CB hatchies for..... a completely messy magma egg, because I've been trading for CB Magmas recently and it was late and I just forgot to check :nyan:

I was meant to fog the eggs I'd been gifted in another thread and abandon the ones I'd picked up and didn't need while hunting. I was tired and abandoned the wrong ones. Too those that gifted me the eggs I'm so sorry this happened :(

Accepted a trade offer of a common that I already have my scroll-goal of, instead of a beautiful messy rare, because my mind stubbornly insisted I couldn't accept the rare on principle since I'd asked for a common.

didn't wait for the image of the egg i was abandoning to load -- and only realized several minutes late that the "egg" was a 2g gold hatchling. d'oh.

I quit for like 2-4 years and now I've come back to literally 104 dragon breeds missed…and if I'm not mistaken, that's not even counting the holiday dragons I missed. Ah well. The silver lining is, I feel like I can experience being a new player again--not worrying so much about rares, just trying to stack up my collection in a way that I wasn't able to since I joined back in 2008.

Other dumb things I've done? Thinking I could complete a 1,000 description quest when I was in middle school. I last touched that in 2012 and I'm way past the point of accepting that it's never gonna get done. LOL

Forgot I was locked and went to the cave. Saw a Cheese and Zyumorph on the one page, tried to click, got the overburdened message. Now I'm disappointed and it's my own fault. :P 

Stupid thing I did? Apparently giving away an egg in the Notice Board. Just found it in the AP. Good thing I was code-hunting and recognised its code.

Welp, not giving away stuff to random people anytime soon again, that's for sure.

Killing the first egg I picked up from the caves when I joined a few days ago upon noticing I wouldn't like the resulting dragon (Mint). Realized later that I could have just waited a few hours and abandoned it. Ugh.

The AP is full of Nocturnes and apparently a good number of them are beautifully messy. I was planning on grabbing some to hatch and toss back, trying to break up the wall a bit, but I've already found two that I just *must* keep..... My scroll-goal is 20 of each breed, I have *fifty-eight* Nocturnes, but I can't resist!! So, possibly-stupid thing, since these Nocturnes will be taking up 'valuable' slots...

I thought that the "growing dragons limit" also limited my total dragons. So for a while, I only had 12 dragons total and kept releasing old adults. Whoops 😑 

Killing a CB egg because I didn't want it, instead of waiting a few hours to abandon it... ugh.

Stupid thing I did last night:

So I have 4 CB pairs to make a 4th gen checker.

Last week, I got 4 Almeralds, so I dropped 2 and kept 2 (1, 2).

This week, I only tried the pairs whose eggs I dropped last week (3, 4). Got Almeralds again, so I dropped them.

Only afterwards, it occurred to me to try the first 2 pairs as well. Got 2 Stones but the 2 Almeralds are already floating around in the AP.

*sighs*

Well, I'm going to keep the Stones. Whatever egg the other 2 pairs are going to breed next, I can keep the eggs as mates for the 2nd gens I already have.

I missed a paper because I killed an egg instead of waiting to abandon it.

I think it's that, anyway. I don't know why else my four eggs would be considered five, although the documentation in Help doesn't mention it.

EDIT: Turns out that the egg limit documentation *does* but not the Kill one.

Edited by osmarks

I forgot being scroll-locked was a thing and auto-abandoned an egg for a lineage I'm making

and now i have to play the 'pray for its return' game

I'm focused very much on hunting a xeno for someone, and therefore clicked away from the biome when there was a frickin' gold sitting there on the refresh.  *headdesk* :P

Edited by Gryphonic

Remembered to use fertility...on the wrong dragon. I really need to gather more purples!

i just saw a silver in the cave... and clicked it in .001 seconds... and somehow missed it. sad times. it even had an all caps all letter code.....

Edited by Dekka

I saw, presumably, the same silver, wondered "Hmm, what's this... OH, RIGHT, a silver" and when I refreshed it was gone.

Just looked at the lineage of this, which I blindly accepted in a trade. I really needed an egg with a Gold father. And I have no CB Silvers to breed :(

Edited by The Dragoness

2 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

Just looked at the lineage of this, which I blindly accepted in a trade. I really needed an egg with a Gold father. And I have no CB Silvers to breed :(

Poke me when it's gold breeding time again? Should be in about 2 weeks.

Missed a Gold in the AP because I refreshed and then clicked a different tab before properly looking at the refreshed page. Too impatient for my own good. (Not that I technically need any more Golds but still!)

Bred my two CB Golds together when I was egg-locked because.... Oh well, they never produce an egg anyways. Guess what?

It seems to have landed on the scroll of someone who currently has 5 (!) growing silvers and 3 growing golds so.... At least it's appreciated I guess.

I was joking with my brother about how you could inbreed dragons on DC with no problem. Chose two dragons (one of which I thought didn't give eggs very often), and assumed that it would fail, knowing that one of my Prizes that I bred from pretty much never gave eggs. Turns out that was actually the wrong dragon.

Whoops.

I only noticed now that of the 16 dragons I acquired for an even gen (got the 16th last night), I somehow managed to influence 9 (NINE!) of them male! :dry:

They're all adults now, so the only option is to find a 17th dragon that fits ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes