wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I told myself I was going to cut back on trading for a week or so to concentrate on AP-hunting, but I keep picking up stuff from the biomes! Stuff that I'd normally trade, I just see the description and automatically click. Very annoying, especially with that 5-hour cooldown.

Clearly I forgot to influence those two Dark Mysts.  I needed two MALES to make a mate for him.  Well, they're not hard to find at least.

When I first joined the site I didn’t know what any eggs’ descriptions were, and picked a common egg in the same biome as a xenowyrm. I can’t remember exactly which egg it was, but boy do I regret it.

Woke up late this morning, too late to get online to toss my eggs into hatcheries before church, so now I'm sitting here egglocked with eggs that could've hatched hours ago. 

Not exactly something I did but I forgot I nabbed a lowtime vamp egg yesterday and had a mini heart attack when I checked my scroll today and saw a "dead" hatchling 🤣

Arrggghhh I keep reflex-clicking stuff in the biomes that I don't want and won't even trade well! Currently have a trade posted with a CB Magma and CB red Zyu and haven't gotten any offers for either.... So what do I do? I reflex-click *another* Magma and *another* red Zyu! 

Great. :dry: I leave this to hatch during the night, when it should colour right, and then it comes out sunny side up. 

image.png.f54cc824e7500a4b6a49f27dbf3cb348.png

To make things worse, if I didn't egglock myself with it and waste my time on this stupid dragon I would have caught a CB Silver. So could we please change how Sunrises/Sunsets hatch so they hatch on demand like all the other dragons in the cave rather than just whenever they want to? Makes lineage building a whole lot easier especially when you're in a bad timezone, thanks.

@lovecats99 Breed to-be-Sunsets shortly after high noon cavetime, that gives them a couple of hours in the various ERs to hatch as soon as 6pm hits.

Just clicked into the cave and saw an Aeon that I wanted, but I'd already clicked to another biome. I clicked back to try to get the Aeon, but then saw that there was a Xeno on the page I was clicking away from, then clicked back to get it. Of course I missed both. :lol: I'm exhausted and clearly not paying enough attention because I didn't notice either egg I wanted until I'd already clicked away from the page, then foolishly tried to go back!

I also missed a Lunar Herald I wanted, but that's just because I was too slow. :P 

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

@lovecats99 Breed to-be-Sunsets shortly after high noon cavetime, that gives them a couple of hours in the various ERs to hatch as soon as 6pm hits.

If I did things as I usually do, that would mean leaving it overnight to gain masses of views only to become sick in a hatchery. I could reduce the amount of hatcheries the egg to make sure they don't die but somebody inexperienced (like me) on how Sunrises/sunsets wouldn't necessarily know what to do so why do Sunrises/Sunsets have to be constricted to two windows of hatching in a day?

Or am I just missing the point that Sunsets and Sunrises are supposed to hatch at Dragcave's set times of sunrise and sunset rather than at any point of the day? XD If so, I think that would make a little more sense to me.

1 hour ago, lovecats99 said:

Or am I just missing the point that Sunsets and Sunrises are supposed to hatch at Dragcave's set times of sunrise and sunset rather than at any point of the day? XD If so, I think that would make a little more sense to me.

Possibly. https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/181556-change-sunrisesunset-hatch-times/

Add another idea to it?

Or, if you're a chatty type, you could ask someone on IRC or Discord to babysit your Sun eggs for a few hours. Like, watch their stats and add/remove on hatcheries as necessary.

Now, stupid me didn't write down what kind of lineage I had in mind with silver Lunar Heralds, so I'm going to miss their window again without anything to show for it if I don't remember SOON!

Well that'd be missing all the good stuff just because of egglock. I remember I saw a Xeno in the biomes, and forgot I was egglocked.

Trying soooo hard to keep my slots free in anticipation of the birthday celebration.... So I pick up multiple CBs. AP hunting is fine, I can toss stuff back with no issue, but stupid Cavebred cooldown omg. 

41 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Trying soooo hard to keep my slots free in anticipation of the birthday celebration.... So I pick up multiple CBs. AP hunting is fine, I can toss stuff back with no issue, but stupid Cavebred cooldown omg. 

I always tell myself that I'm going to keep space free because of upcoming things... but then I see things I want and I just can't help myself. :P This time was no different. I'm totally scroll locked. 

Just like some other people here, I too should be keeping my egg slots open for the upcoming birthday event... but I couldn't help myself from catching a red dino, blue baikala and thunder. XD

Found a CB golden lunar herald.

i was sooooooo excited.

wake up the next day only to find it and another egg I wanted dead. >:////

managed to to find another gold lunar herald in the AP but it's not the same...

2 hours ago, Quackery- said:

Found a CB golden lunar herald.

i was sooooooo excited.

wake up the next day only to find it and another egg I wanted dead. >:////

managed to to find another gold lunar herald in the AP but it's not the same...

Did you put the eggs in hatcheries right after catching them? Fresh eggs tend to get sick (and sometimes die) when they gain views too early. 

My current bad luck: I completely forgot about DC's birthday event! Two of my slots won't open until Tuesday, so hopefully we don't have a huge release like last year.

My muscle memory is so strong that I keep accidentally clicking the new 'Trading' tab because it's where the 'Dragons' tab used to be. :lol:

3 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

My muscle memory is so strong that I keep accidentally clicking the new 'Trading' tab because it's where the 'Dragons' tab used to be. :lol:

Same. I was so confused at first because I didn't look to see where I was clicking!

I literally just bred my cb prize while I was locked. There's now a 2g Silver Tinsel from WInter Magi in the ap. I need to go to bed.

I feel rather silly but today was the first time since I started back that I've gotten a sick dragon egg. First thing I did when I noticed was pulling it from click sites, hide then ward and it seems to be fine now after a few hours but I'm not risking putting it back up right away.

Edited by empressdonna

23 hours ago, Clockwork Silver said:

I literally just bred my cb prize while I was locked. There's now a 2g Silver Tinsel from WInter Magi in the ap. I need to go to bed.

Oh no! Definitely time for bed. Just focus on how happy someone is going to be when they find that egg in the AP. ^_^ It'll make their day! Sorry you lost it, though. I've bred things while locked, too, and it's a terrible feeling. 

I was quite sick over the weekend and on Monday woke up with a headache which somehow led to me accidentally abandoning a 2G Bronze Shimmer I'd traded for (instead of hiding it)... I honestly have no clue how I managed to do something so stupid. :(

Even after employing my brother's help he wasn't able to get it back for me from the AP. I'd just like to say that if anyone else was able to grab it (a 2G Bronze Shimmer from a female Sapphire) I'd so greatly appreciate it being returned, and would even handsomely reward someone for doing so.

Reflex clicked a CB Purple Floret as I usually do and so now i've got an unwanted CB Floret on my hands for the next 5 hours. XD Oh well, i'm sure someone out there'll be willing to trade for it.

I just reflex clicked on another alpine egg.  I needed more coasts, dangit.