wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

21 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I'm probably the only doofus here who's still sticking to lineage plans instead of jumping at the CBs.

Nope here too, lol! I had a list of breeding to do (done), and to pick up four missing cb's, done! :)

51 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I'm probably the only doofus here who's still sticking to lineage plans instead of jumping at the CBs.

Nope. I'm also concentrating mainly on my lineage plans. I've tweaked them a bit to get a couple of old CBs, but for the most part am working on breeding.

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I missed SIX CB Halloweens out of how many we have, so I am scrabbling to get my fill before they're gone again. XD 

Edited by Metal-n-Monster

MISbreeding a Holiday. I had no perfect mate for the tyke until a couple of weeks ago so now OF COURSE I clicked on his old 'quite OK replacement" mate instead of his new perfect one. And the perfect offspring would have had a mate waiting already (and one gen further down as well) AAAARGH I hate losing a year because of my stupidity...

When I was new to dc i killed an egg because i thought I could resurrect it and... yeah XD

(ps that's the only time I've ever purposely killed an egg but i didn't know how to dragon cave back then lol) 

18 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I am doing the same thing, although I do have a few caveborns mixed in the bunch. 

I'm not a lineage maker, but I am sticking to AP grabbing instead of CBs.

I'm currently hatchie-locked with 24 hatchies and 0 eggs, and won't be unlocked for a good 24 hours (if my hatchies grow up right when they're able). It's sooooo frustrating!

I accidentally bred a 3g PB Pumpkin with one of my CB Crimson Flares. Sadly, it produced a grand total of 4 messies which have headed off to the AP. I just hope by the time they come around, they'll be low time enough to be frozen quickly. :) 

Edited by lovecats99

Despite having a list of which pairs to breed and how to influence them, I managed to misinfluence an egg earlier today. Fortunately when I came to put the details into my spread-sheet something made me check the action log, which is how I found out. Equally fortunately hubby was able to take the egg and send it back to me so I could reinfluence it the correct way. Okay, this was at 5:30 a.m., but honestly you'd think I would be able to follow my own instructions, wouldn't you?

On 10/27/2017 at 2:42 PM, LibbyLishly said:

My first Halloween, I was still a newbie and didn't realize how into lineages I was going to be. I filled up my four egg slots with Shadow Walkers, them FROZE ONE OF THE HATCHIES. Thank goodness I'm finally able to remedy that terrible mistake thanks to the new Halloween biome.

I froze one of my CB Sweetling hatchlings because I thought they were so adorable. So I only have one adult. XD Little me had poor foresight apparently... The Sweetling hatchies really are cute though.

I shouldn't be allowed to do any potentially harming actions when there is stormy weather. My Shadow Walkers were expected to be hatched, but had only small hole, and I wanted to catch my last missing CB - a Caligene. So I gave them a little push, add them to many hatcheries, watching them carefully. They hatched in a few minutes but before I could do anything else, the Blackout monster attacked me. I thought: What have I done! I'm viewbombing myself without any control! Please please survive... It took 45 minutes before the blackout shortly ended. Instead of removing them from hatcheries I fogged them as quickly as possible. Luckily I haven't seen them sick. They get 500 views and 100 UVs, and were fogged 14 hours and 14 minuted afterwards (I was away from computer that long). My Grave egg, that had same stats before but wasn't incubated, viewbombed and fogged, is now equal with them in views and is 30 UVs behind.

I'm still a bit pissed at myself because in the first days of the event I found some really pretty lineages from the AP (especially a 3 Black Marrow from Reds has been lingering in my mind) but I abandoned them because I concentrated on getting CB's and trying to find lineage mates. Now I can't seem to find anything nice anymore! Curse me.

Oh my god. I caught a caligene last night with a lineage that perfectly matched a mateless swallowtail I've had for a long time. I put it in some hatcheries, and only this morning after it's hatched did I realize I forgot to influence it. Precog says it's going to be female. Of course I needed it to be male. I'm an idiot.

I waited too long to catch the last CB Cavern Lurker I need. Now that slot won't be empty until late tomorrow, which is fine, but I really wanted to grab my new Halloween eggs during the early morning hours when most people will be asleep :/

24 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

I waited too long to catch the last CB Cavern Lurker I need. Now that slot won't be empty until late tomorrow, which is fine, but I really wanted to grab my new Halloween eggs during the early morning hours when most people will be asleep :/

Personally, I've always found it easier to catch Holiday releases later in the day than in the first few hours when it's glitchy and slammed, so it might work out for the best. Most of my egg slots won't be available until late tomorrow, either.

I keep picking up pretty things in the AP when I know I need to be saving room for new eggs tomorrow. But the temptation was/is too great, and now I don't wanna give up any of my pretty, scroll-locking hatchlings :(

1 hour ago, The Dragoness said:

Keep looking in the AP; there's bound to be some there. :) I caught a low-time CB Cavern Lurker from there, today, which completed my goal of having at least a breeding pair of CBs. I'd otherwise have to use up one of my eggslots way into tomorrow for another CB CL egg, which would have prevented me from grabbing any more new Halloweens.

Edited by lovecats99

40 minutes ago, lovecats99 said:

Keep looking in the AP; there's bound to be some there. :) I caught a low-time CB Cavern Lurker from there, today, which completed my goal of having at least a breeding pair of CBs. I'd otherwise have to use up one of my eggslots way into tomorrow, which would have prevented me from grabbing any more new Halloweens.

I didn't even think of that! I found a CB under 4 days in the AP right away :D

I'll just toss the other egg into the AP. Someone will give it a good home.

Edited by The Dragoness

Minor thing, but I keep thinking male Graves are females and vice versa. For some reason the poses just don't look like they match to me.

Totally forgot about the Halloween breeding and event *bangs head on keyboard*

I killed some dragons in preparation for Halloween but I forgot I'm several hours ahead of DC. So instead of them being available to revive today the tombstones disappeared completely yesterday

I completely forgot about my Shadow Walker x Winter Magi line.  I needed to breed a Shadow Walker this season because there's a mate waiting, but there's not time now.  I also think I picked up a Shadow Walker from Winter Magi in the AP and tossed it back.  *Stupid gryphon*

I keep disappearing before my eggs hatch, and they die. :c

I've gotten out of the habit of checking DC and I forget I have them. ;;

Completely forgot to revive my dead dragon zombie attempts yesterday, and now they're off my scroll. :dry: