wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I didn't join the forum until months after I joined DC.

Same here, although I did follow the news section closely.

I didn't join the forum until months after I joined DC.

Yep same with me.

Same here, although I did follow the news section closely.

I didn't even follow the news section or anything else in the forum until a few months after I joined - it took the "great lag" in March 2009 for me to start following the forums. I totally missed the valentines in 2009 because I wasn't following the forum (and I was so new I didn't realize they'd be a release).

I started playing when it wasn't too difficult to grab CB metallics. I grabbed a couple CB golds and then stopped picking them up to let others have a chance. Had I known they would soon be almost impossible to find I would have been selfish and grabbed more instead.

I didn't bother logging in during the Halloween event when the vampires were dropping. Except for the Hollies, no other dragon had a limited release up until that point, so it didn't even occur to me to check the site. I think I logged in again just a few hours after vampires stopped dropping. It annoyed me for the rest of the year because I loved the sprite for vampires. Then the next year rolls around and I had to spend hours staring at the AP to finally catch one. My eyeballs felt like sandpaper that day.

I was on the DC where you could catch the 2009 Valentines... but I didn`t catch one of them. Now I really want to have one. sad.gif

i once mistook the ap for a clicksite and clicked on an egg i totally didn't need

You could just abandon right away, so it doesn't really matter. But all the same, nice fail tongue.gif!

Not realizing there was a Silver on the AP until I went to the main cave. I hate myself for that, especially since my sister got a silver...!

Quitting for a year, but that wasn't the bad part . . . if that was it, I'd still be happy. The stupid part was that I thought quitting would lead to a burnt scroll and dead dragons, so I released all of my dragons in an effort to keep them alive. I had several silvers and golds on that scroll, which included caveborns, as well as several old pinks, ten chickens, at least one frill that I can remember, and two different holiday dragons.

I can't let myself think about it, I get so upset with myself.

Edited by Goslander

Stupid things I've done:

1. I didn't grab old pinks/ CB vines/ CB blacks/ CB metallics when I first started

2. Quitting for more than a year. I missed one winter Holiday release, one Valentine, and both Halloween releases all because I couldn't figure out how to use the fan sites over the weekdays to get my eggs to survive into the weekend.

This. Same exact thing goes for me.

I was on the DC where you could catch the 2009 Valentines... but I didn`t catch one of them. Now I really want to have one. sad.gif

Same here... =(

Oh, and when I got my first vampire dragon (hatching) by luck from the AP I froze him...I don't know why!! >.<

Fortunatlely I got another one vampire egg...

I've taken several breaks from dc. Despite having a scroll for two years, I don't have a single holiday (except the vampires, but that's not too hard to get). *headdesks repeatedly*

I was there for the "common" metallic age. My stupid thing, thinking that golds were ugly, and not wanting to collect hardly any when they were readily available. I stopped collecting them or breeding mine, and a year later, when they weren't breeding at all, I was stuck with three out of four being inbred, and a sudden desire to collect as many golds as I have silvers.

Or not looking to see who was logged in before hunting the AP. I caught an ER CB female silver hatchie... on my sister's scroll... And she froze it... She gave me a gold hatchie and an alt vine in return... But I still would have loved to have had that female CB silver. Or come to think of it, would have loved at least seeing it grow up. A frozen CB metallic is kinda sad.

Edited by Sister of the Dragon

Constantly scroll-locking myself by getting eggs that I reflex-click that I usually already have, and then seeing a thunder, magma, red, black, or vine in the cave. (Yes, I've seen all of those. But only when I've scroll-locked myself).

Constantly scroll-locking myself by getting eggs that I reflex-click that I usually already have, and then seeing a thunder, magma, red, black, or vine in the cave. (Yes, I've seen all of those. But only when I've scroll-locked myself).

haha samee.

I do it all the time.

Clicking a cb silver and getting the "too many eggs"-message... dry.gif

when i first started i forgot my poor little egg i realized just about the final hour and found a group online who put it in an er for me

i still didn't pay much attention to DC back then so i missed out on getting the 08 and 09 christmas dragons and the valentine one all the good ones i want now that i could have had I didn't pay attention including the cute little tree. so pretty dumb i think of me

now today i let my little 8 year cuzzie alone at my pc she bred and got a black egg. well i guess she watches me breed enough to know how.......... but i took an oath id not breed my blacks and vines so not so happy about all this again stupid me let her on my pc unattended

oops she just had a birthday shes 9 now and grumping at me for saying she is 8 oh my

Edited by Trinketguu

Same here, tried really hard and failed hard, and then when V-day 2010 came around failed at getting one off the AP.

.......How many days is it till V-day 11?

Lately I've been biting and getting kills and locking myself for no good reason. ~sigh~ I don't need any more vamps.

I wish I hadn't missed Valentine's Day 2009... I think I was on a minor hiatus at the time.

I wish I had grabbed a few more CB blacks and at least one CB bright pink when they were around. Oh well. Both of my CB blacks are female. At the time I didn't want to pick up CB pinks because they were always female, and I had a girl-heavy scroll to begin with - still do.

I wish I had stayed up for Val10; I might have ended up with Alt Sweetlings then.

I wish I had stayed up for Val10; I might have ended up with Alt Sweetlings then.

That's what everyone who was there then thinks, I just didn't anticipate it as much as Christmas so I didn't stay up.

Oh well, that's barely a blow to me, not a huge fan of the alt's skull instead of heart.

Clicking a cb silver and getting the "too many eggs"-message... dry.gif

I do that all the time. I hate it so much.

Usually not a rare or an egg I desperately need, but still...

grabbed a cb thunder and didnt know how rare it was. i thought it was common so i adandoned it. did the same with a ice. also didnt take frills when they were around so i have 1 frill and want more. i also missed all zmass easter and holloween events cuz i quite for a year and more. Oh and clicking a dino and getting "to many eggs" same with a few papers, im so pisse at myself lolz!

i think i quite cuz i was mad that i couldnt get a garurdan egg when the were released. lol stupid me

Edited by libby2999

Not even attempting to collect old pinks when I first joined, since they were rare at the time.