XLaurentX

Zombies

Gah people are bringing up stuff I said just the page over. Ah well. But yes, that video about the fungi was what I was talking about. It takes over their brain and makes them put themselves in the best location to spread the spores to other bugs, proving it's possible for a parasite to destroy/control the brain, if only one particular species per species of parasite.

I still stand by what I said before, that dead bodies cannot move. You need an explanation of what causes people to become zombies, therefore, we think a virus is what does it. A virus can only spread through something that's alive, which is where it gets its nourishment from as well.

Yes, it's destroying the body from the inside out, and that's what parasites do. And the zombie losing its head/ its head splitting open, revealing the growth inside? I said that before too, things can survive without their heads. Like cockroaches.

I still stand by what I said before, that dead bodies cannot move. You need an explanation of what causes people to become zombies,

^Is what I was trying to get from cwg - his explanation of dead bodies walking.

Humans can't survive headless for any long periods of times. I suppose the feeding behavior (attacking only uninfected humans) could be linked to a mix of nourishment and reproduction (for the disease). But why destroy potential hosts for food when there are other sources?

I want to hear you, in full, explain your version of "logic" in regards to zombies. The whole shebang.

Why do you keep bringing up "it just does"?

I can't explain properly. I think after the virus kills the victim it somehow reanimates the corpse and leaving it with pure instincts and a unsatisfying hunger. It makes sense to me. Not to you it seems but it does to me.

But why does it make sense to you? How does the virus(?) do those things?

You're starting to sound like my English teacher... XD

I think a good tip for Zombie combat is not to set them on fire. Because then you will be dealing with flaming zombies who want your brains.

user posted image

Aparrently this was created for Zombie outbreaks :D

You're starting to sound like my English teacher... xd.png

I think a good tip for Zombie combat is not to set them on fire. Because then you will be dealing with flaming zombies who want your brains.

user posted image

Aparrently this was created for Zombie outbreaks biggrin.gif

Epic.

And sorry ;_; I'm over zombies in terms of "it will never happen, why bother planning" but I'm still going on and on about "if it were to happen, how would it happen?"

What does a vegetarian zombie say? Graiiiiiinnnnnnnssssss

But why does it make sense to you? How does the virus(?) do those things?

Chemical reactions in the brain caused by the virus probably. Which is probably what reanimates it. The reason why you destroy the head to kill a zombie is probably because the virus causes chemical reactions in the brain keeping the corpse alive and since it is dead and feels nothing it doesn't know when it is full so it keeps eating and eating ( that is actually possible in humans).

Chemical reactions in the brain caused by the virus probably. Which is probably what reanimates it. The reason why you destroy the head to kill a zombie is probably because the virus causes chemical reactions in the brain keeping the corpse alive and since it is dead and feels nothing it doesn't know when it is full so it keeps eating and eating ( that is actually possible in humans).

asdf;lkajfkj

i give up

user posted image

Oho. That's sweet.

Edit: Erm... that doesn't make sense either...

Think more about how the corpse is dead. Chemical reactions can't happen if it is. Viruses can't survive in the body if it is. The body is not rotting away because it's dead, it's rotting away because the virus is sucking nutrients out of it.

Edited by AAurion

asdf;lkajfkj

i give up

I'm sorry. I know I probably sound stupid.

You're starting to sound like my English teacher... xd.png

user posted image

Mad ass flaming zombies?

Omai.

... I want that table.

A dead body cannot, in *any* way, be reanimated once the heart stops beating. End of. Nothing can restart the heart. The blood clogs up pretty quickly so even if we did magically find a way to start a heart beating again it would be working hard to make the blood even begin to shift. And of course the moment blood stops reaching parts of the body, the body begins to die - starting with the cardiac muscle (the heart itself). More than half of deaths occur due to a heart attack of some sort - a myocardial infarction (death of the heart muscle due to lack of oxygen reaching the heart) or a cardiac arrest (the heart stops beating. Game over).

A dead body cannot, in *any* way, be reanimated once the heart stops beating. End of. Nothing can restart the heart. The blood clogs up pretty quickly so even if we did magically find a way to start a heart beating again it would be working hard to make the blood even begin to shift. And of course the moment blood stops reaching parts of the body, the body begins to die - starting with the cardiac muscle (the heart itself). More than half of deaths occur due to a heart attack of some sort - a myocardial infarction (death of the heart muscle due to lack of oxygen reaching the heart) or a cardiac arrest (the heart stops beating. Game over).

To translate, the zombies won't be the living dead, simply mindless humans that will die like any other human.

Really disputing logic about a fantasy, where anything is possible, creature is rather bleh anyway.

Really if any kind zombies came you wouldn't be wondering how it happened. You would be finding a safe place to hide with plenty of weapons and how to get your food and water supplies.

Really disputing logic about a fantasy, where anything is possible, creature is rather bleh anyway.

Really if any kind zombies came you wouldn't be wondering how it happened. You would be finding a safe place to hide with plenty of weapons and how to get your food and water supplies.

Especially when the chances of zombies actually happening is so small.

Zombies are just a -whatstheword, you know ummm example type thing- for any time of epidemic disease.

(Can't think when I only got like 3 hours of sleep, forgive my lack of vocabulary this morning.)

Especially when the chances of zombies actually happening is so small.

Zombies are just a -whatstheword, you know ummm example type thing- for any time of epidemic disease.

(Can't think when I only got like 3 hours of sleep, forgive my lack of vocabulary this morning.)

simulation maybe is the word you're looking for?

overall A. don't remeber the others...

*Downloads*

*Reads a bit*

Wut. I'll have to save that for when I'm feeling like reading...

It can take a bit of work to go through even casually. I suggest a warm drink and a fresh mind to tackle it :~D

Omg omg omg must share!

First off, anthropologists are off their rockers.

Secondly, I just read about real zombies happy.gif.

In an article titled 'The Secrets of Haiti's Living Dead - A Harvard botanist investigates mystic potions, voodoo rites, and the making of zombies.' by Gino Del Guerci. Harvard Magazine, January/February 1986, pp. 31-37.

To sum it up, it talked about a potion thing that made people go into a state that is virtually undetectable from death, and then wake up later as 'zombies'. The possibility of this is used like capital punishment to keep the country behaving.

Yeah, I kinda skimmed the article, but yay for getting to use zombies in my essay. 8D

I find this statement rather blegh

"They're relentlessness, and the fact that they're our own family and friends turning on us, says something profound about our society."

I mean how does the fact it is our own family and friends turning on us say anything profound? I mean did society make them flesh happy freaks?