XLaurentX

Zombies

Well if my friends or family turned zombie and I was around I would definitely kill them. As I see it they are no longer my friends or family but a flesh eating monster with no possible cure.

Exactly. And on that other quiz there was a question about what you would do if you saw a man being attacked by a group of zombies. Well, if he's attacked and surrounded, sorry, buddy. You'll just become another enemy; too late for you.

Also, another question about them finding your hideout. If I'm confident that they can't get it, but they are trying to, I'd kill them off from a high window or something while making sure none of them are trying to climb or find a way in.

The Zombieland rules are somewhat true. lulz.

Cardio

The Double Tap

Beware of Bathrooms

Wear Seat Belts

No Attachments

The “Skillet”

Travel Light

Get a Kick Ass Partner

With your Bare Hands

Don’t Swing Low

Use Your Foot

Bounty Paper Towels

Shake it Off

Always carry a change of underwear

Bowling Ball

Opportunity Knocks

Don’t be a hero (later crossed out to be a hero)

Limber Up

Break it Up

It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint

Avoid Strip Clubs

When in doubt Know your way out

Zipplock

Use your thumbs

Shoot First

A little sun screen never hurt anybody

Incoming!

Double-Knot your Shoes

The Buddy System

Pack your stain stick

Check the back seat

Enjoy the little things

Swiss army Knife

My bedroom's a great hideout, no where to climb up to the window (It's on the 2nd floor) lots of room, the door could easily be barred, and it's next to a bathroom. And I live in the suburbs, and my dad had 2 katanas and a few ninja stars, and it's 3 miles away from a police station. Guns~

Edited by Qwackie

The Zombieland rules are somewhat true. lulz.

Just watched Zombieland yesterday :D

But can someone explain some of the rules for me? I don't think they went over all of them in the movie. Like "Bounty Paper Towels".

Obviously in order to survive a zombie apocalypse we need to be able to kill our friends and family in cold blood. And not help out other people.

I agree with helping people, but you just have to be extra careful around them. If your friends/family gets hurt and can no longer walk, it's sad, but there's a very low chance of you getting out alive. If they get bitten, they're no longer the person you know. They don't remember ANYTHING from their past, and they WILL attack you.

Personally, if I were hurt in the legs, I would want my family and friends to survive before me. If I were bitten, I'd rather die human than zombie.

If I were out there alone and no one helped me, it would be frustrating and horrifying at the time, but it's survival of the fittest. If you don't know how to survive on your own, then you're most likely going to be dead.

Qwackie: OMG I LOVE THAT MOVIE 8D BEST. ZOMBIE MOVIE. EVER.

But yeah.

If there were a zombie attack, I would only travel with people I know and trust. And part of "trust" means as soon as they're bitten, let everyone know. If we reach our destination and suddenly there's a zombie, we're most likely screwed.

I don't think grenades are good, though. If there's a zombie and you don't hit the grenade in the right spot (aka its head) right when it explodes, it's probably going to be a flaming zombie (but don't take this from me, I don't know much about grenades), and you don't want flaming zombies. That's the worst.

Oh, and on a side note, there was a zombie prom sometime a few months ago somewhere in my state. Epic, no?

I agree with helping people, but you just have to be extra careful around them. If your friends/family gets hurt and can no longer walk, it's sad, but there's a very low chance of you getting out alive. If they get bitten, they're no longer the person you know. They don't remember ANYTHING from their past, and they WILL attack you.

Personally, if I were hurt in the legs, I would want my family and friends to survive before me. If I were bitten, I'd rather die human than zombie.

If I were out there alone and no one helped me, it would be frustrating and horrifying at the time, but it's survival of the fittest. If you don't know how to survive on your own, then you're most likely going to be dead.

Qwackie: OMG I LOVE THAT MOVIE 8D BEST. ZOMBIE MOVIE. EVER.

But yeah.

If there were a zombie attack, I would only travel with people I know and trust. And part of "trust" means as soon as they're bitten, let everyone know. If we reach our destination and suddenly there's a zombie, we're most likely screwed.

I don't think grenades are good, though. If there's a zombie and you don't hit the grenade in the right spot (aka its head) right when it explodes, it's probably going to be a flaming zombie (but don't take this from me, I don't know much about grenades), and you don't want flaming zombies. That's the worst.

Oh, and on a side note, there was a zombie prom sometime a few months ago somewhere in my state. Epic, no?

Zombie prom, that reminds me of the play "Jonny don't go to the nuclear plant, Jonny don't go to the nuclear plant!"

If there's a zombie invasion I'm traveling in a group of no more than 5 people. Each person must know how to use a gun. Must own a rifle. Must have survival training. And must be able to administer first aid. They also must be capable of killing another human if that person has been bitten. (I know the five people that will be in my zombie group, each fits these requirements.)

Now I'm cold about this, if anyone in my group breaks a leg, I will shoot them. If I break a leg, one of the people in my group will shoot me. This is if we are still traveling. If we have arrived at our destination (oil platform), then we can try to patch them up. If we come across another group of survivors, we will give them instructions on how to get to the oil platform, from afar. We will not approach the group in case they have been infected. And when/if they come to the platform we can check them for bites. If we need more food, the new arrivals are in charge of going scavenging. First come, first serve.

I would probably be happier alone then with a group. I have good survival skills, I know first aid, and I trust myself more than I trust others. However, alone would make getting sleep difficult while traveling. So, in reality a small group is better. Ideally I would want three people.

And now you guys have me wanting to rewatch zombieland.

I think that in the last thread (like, back in I dunno... June) the destination of the DC group was Isle Royale, which is in one of the great lakes. Since I live in TN, I'd probably go to one of the islands in one of the lakes that's in my area. There are fish, they're hard to reach without a boat, and it's within 5 miles of where I live. After I loot some houses here where I live, I'd go there.

My mom'd die, to put it bluntly. She's obese and loud, my brother's tough and book smart, but not street smart. My dad has military and police training, so I'd stay with them and maybe a friend of mine, but only because he knows Karate and Tae Kwon Do. They live across the street, too.

/ramble

I think the "make or break" deal with the island would be if the zombie could swim/float across the water. Or walk across the bottom.

If they can, into the trees for me.

If it was a small scale outbreak, I'd just baracade my house and destroy my staircase while I was upstairs and have somebody watch it at all times until I got word from the military that all zombies had been terminated.

I think the "make or break" deal with the island would be if the zombie could swim/float across the water. Or walk across the bottom.

If they can, into the trees for me.

That is true. As I understand it swimming would be impossible and walking long distances would make them bloat in the water. I would be worried about water. Sure your surrounded in water but can the virus survive in water?

See, there are so many things that could happen that even if a zombie outbreak occurred, chances are we'd be screwed. Planning is fun but futile.

If the disease spreads by water, air, bodily fluids other than saliva, can survive outside a host for long periods, can be transmitted by other creatures, can infect other creatures... all these = we're screwed.

And yeah, would the zombies be alive or dead? I'm leaning towards infected but alive. If so, then no bloating.

Speak for yourself Rhea. I'd be immune.

See, there are so many things that could happen that even if a zombie outbreak occurred, chances are we'd be screwed. Planning is fun but futile.

If the disease spreads by water, air, bodily fluids other than saliva, can survive outside a host for long periods, can be transmitted by other creatures, can infect other creatures... all these = we're screwed.

And yeah, would the zombies be alive or dead? I'm leaning towards infected but alive. If so, then no bloating.

That is true too. My typical zombie is a dead meat rag. They don't breath. Nothing. My typical zombie anyway. If it was alive then I would think they wouldn't be able to handle long periods in water but they would still be spilling infected bile into it.

That is true too. My typical zombie is a dead meat rag. They don't breath. Nothing. My typical zombie anyway. If it was alive then I would think they wouldn't be able to handle long periods in water but they would still be spilling infected bile into it.

Realistically, they'd have to breathe. Something dead doesn't move around. Plus, how do you explain the moaning? tongue.gif

The most common form of zombie is a living person who got infected by a virus, which doesn't kill them physically but kills their brain, so they lose their personality and just become mindless killing machines to spread the virus even more.

So, I don't think they'd float, and they definitely can't walk across the bottom since they have to breathe, and I dunno if they could swim. They move so slow xd.png

@Rhea

That's true, if it's so easy to catch the virus we're indeed screwed xd.png If not, then it's just a matter of making a safe haven. Basically, get a place secured, fight off zombies who try to enter, and make little attacks when possible and there's a low risk of failure. Failure being the safe haven is no longer safe and/or someone in your group gets bitten. Expand your save zone so you can have more supplies, and perhaps join territory with other survivors, constantly making your safe zone bigger. Then you just keep a constant lookout for zombies trying to invade and eliminate them. Zombies don't procreate, so once you get rid of the ones close to you you're safe for the moment. If more come, get rid of them. Kind of like a video game where towns are a safe zone and outside of them, there are monsters you have to fight xd.png

Edited by AAurion

Realistically, they'd have to breathe. Something dead doesn't move around. Plus, how do you explain the moaning? tongue.gif

The most common form of zombie is a living person who got infected by a virus, which doesn't kill them physically but kills their brain, so they lose their personality and just become mindless killing machines to spread the virus even more.

So, I don't think they'd float, and they definitely can't walk across the bottom since they have to breathe, and I dunno if they could swim. They move so slow xd.png

@Rhea

That's true, if it's so easy to catch the virus we're indeed screwed xd.png If not, then it's just a matter of making a safe haven. Basically, get a place secured, fight off zombies who try to enter, and make little attacks when possible and there's a low risk of failure. Failure being the safe haven is no longer safe and/or someone in your group gets bitten. Expand your save zone so you can have more supplies, and perhaps join territory with other survivors, constantly making your safe zone bigger. Then you just keep a constant lookout for zombies trying to invade and eliminate them. Zombies don't procreate, so once you get rid of the ones close to you you're safe for the moment. If more come, get rid of them. Kind of like a video game where towns are a safe zone and outside of them, there are monsters you have to fight xd.png

Explain the definition of being the living dead or undead as they call it. The blood that spews from the mouth. The loosing of the bottom half of the body and still moving. Pretty sure that is dead.

The moaning can be explained by gas build up in the lungs that when released through the mouth causes moaning. IDK the exact scientific but they don't actually breath.

So they can walk on the bottom of water. Floating is possible but they would sink quickly. Swimming is impossible. The way they move they would sink and wouldn't stay afloat. A zombies only method of choice in water is walking on the bottom.

Which means the only 100% safe place on the ocean from zombies would be a oil drilling platform.

Zombies on land can't get to it, one that happen to be in the water can't get to it, if you take plenty of people you can kill any zombies on the platform, lastly take plenty of supplies and gas.

Explain the definition of being the living dead or undead as they call it. The blood that spews from the mouth. The loosing of the bottom half of the body and still moving. Pretty sure that is dead.

Just coughing out blood doesn't mean something's dead. Also, a cockroach can live for a week without its head. Taking those into consideration, it's still possible that zombies under that description are still alive.

I have an idea, how about I use a crowbar and a gun. Or a crowbar launching gun.

I'd rather not let a zombie get close enough to have to use a crowbar. I'm fairly competent with a rifle so...

I of course follow along the philosophy that zombies are just insane/controlled/enraged humans, as opposed the actual living dead. A well placed shot to the chest/throat/head/main artery and they're done for. A sudden drop in blood pressure from any shot to an organ or main artery and the person/zombie is unconscious instantly and dead seconds later.

Just coughing out blood doesn't mean something's dead. Also, a cockroach can live for a week without its head. Taking those into consideration, it's still possible that zombies under that description are still alive.

By definition typical zombies are dead. A zombieis a creature that appears in books, films and popular culture. It is typically a reanimated corpse.

Corpses are dead people.

Zombies are typically depicted as mindless, shambling, decaying corpses with a hunger for human flesh."

Decaying would mean still dead.

This is the TYPICAL Zombies. There are of course a few types. Normally in the apocalyptic movies and games and such the typical zombie is used.

In the game stubbs the zombie. You played as stubbs. Stubbs was actually not completely mindless.

In a manga I read zombies could still eat, sleep, talk, and still held emotions.

So TYPICAL Zombies are mindless, flesh eating corpses. So they ARE dead.

tl;dr for now as it's late, but here's some parting gifts for the night:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

That is all. Good night.

*snip*

I guess it all boils down to what kind of zombies you believe in. Me, I prefer humans infected by a virus, but I know there are stories about walking-corpses types too. The virus explanation just makes more sense to me because the zombie is still moving because it's alive, and I don't believe in reanimating the dead. Just my thoughts.

Edit: Rhea, those things are awesome.

Edited by AAurion

BAH sleep. Stupid nap earlier. Might as well respond to posts above...

Kestra- No comment. :|

I just don't see zombies as being the dead kind because, well... we've not got any dead things walking around. It's just not possible. With the exclusion of magiks being discovered or something supernatural, zombies will be alive. But yeah, infected bile = ick, and bad.

Blahblahblah

But see, applying movie zombie logic to planning for a RL zombie event doesn't work. Even though it's implausible, it's best to plan for the most plausible situation/scenario - in which case, the zombies would be alive. If we're simply going to talk about "typical" zombies, what kind? The running, screaming kind? The shambling kind you can escape from by walking away at a fast pace (BORING)? Voodoo zombies? What movie are you basing your typical zombie basis off of?

I of course follow along the philosophy that zombies are just insane/controlled/enraged humans, as opposed the actual living dead. A well placed shot to the chest/throat/head/main artery and they're done for. A sudden drop in blood pressure from any shot to an organ or main artery and the person/zombie is unconscious instantly and dead seconds later.

See, this is what I think. It's the most realistic (though, one has to wonder how zombies could do several things... survive off human flesh only, stop themselves from attacking one another, etc.)

But then the science of zombies just makes everything blah because it's never gonna happen. Ever. :(

Yes, they are awesome, aren't they?

See, this is what I think. It's the most realistic (though, one has to wonder how zombies could do several things... survive off human flesh only, stop themselves from attacking one another, etc.)

For some reason I was reminded of those fungi that infect bugs and take over their brain, making them go to a high place to die and spread spores for more fungi.

It's because of those things that I can see virus-zombies as possible, but corpse-zombies to me just don't make sense. *shrug*

No, you're not alone. I see it as being some sort of infection, be it parasites, bacteria, viruses or fungi.

Though, for something to affect our behavior that much... but then there's Toxiplasma whatever it was.