dragonryaman

Mockingjay

Did you like the ending in Mockingjay?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought Mockingjay was boring, it didn't grab me like Hunger Games did or Catching Fire. My theory for myself was like, Hunger Games grabbed me, I couldn't put the book down, my teachers were like Why are you reading in class???? I was like But its good miss or sir... xd.png in my head I mean

the sequel lost it a tiny bit (That grabiness x3)

mockingjay lost it, sadly for me!

I thought Hunger Games was good, Catching Fire was mediocre, and Mockingjay was terrible. I wasn't shocked at the ending because Katniss has always seemed a little unstable to me, and I'm actually surprised she didn't flip out sooner. It was obvious from the beginning that the leadership of District 13 was corrupt (when Katniss saw how cruelly her prep team had been imprisoned), so I saw the Coin thing coming as well. And Prim being such a perfect, vulnerable angel had "sacrificial lamb" written all over her (although her death was still very sad).

I do like love triangles without a clear "frontrunner," though. I was guessing right up until the end whether Katniss would end up with Peeta or Gale. So, points for that.

(Highlight text to read spoilers.)

I enjoyed all the Hunger Games but Mockingjay was my least favourite. I was really shocked when Prim died and I thought the whole book was a bit dark. Everyone seemed to die. I found it really exciting but at the end I didn't think like Gale's character as much as at the beginning. Even though I've said loads of negative stuff I really enjoyed the book just not as much as the rest of the trilogy. biggrin.gif

Sorry where it says in my last post "didn't think like Gale's character" it should be didn't like Gale's character as much as the beginning blink.gif

I'm half and half. For me the fact that something bad happens (I don't want to spoil) makes everything that Katniss did pointless.

I've read about who dies [damn internet, spoling it!] by accident, but I have to read it. I read the first few chapters and just... hated it. I mean, I didn't hate it, it just didn't live up to the standards of the 1st and my favourite the 2nd.

I know it's all about rebellion but come on, the series is called The Hunger Games yet there's no Hunger Games. At least let Katniss watch it on TV or something ://

UGH. I can't get through the book. I try, but it's... soo.... hard. I just can't get into it like I could with the other books.