dragonryaman

Mockingjay

Did you like the ending in Mockingjay?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

meh, it seemed pretty realistic to me, based on the circumstances put.

sad.gif the only reason why I hated it...well, okay, maybe not the ONLY reason, but the number one reason why I hated it was the fact that it was Peeta, not Gale.

Okay, okay, okay, maybe I also disliked it because of Katniss's choice to put President Snow's children through the hunger games. because that's just mean.

I finally got my hands on the book and finished it; it was a great read. I love how Collins didn't flinch away from the realities of war, ans while it certainly saddened me how many people voted to continue the Games, I thought it was realistic.

Personally, I liked who Katniss chose. Before this book I'd always been on the edge of my seat; but in the end, Gale turned out to be too extremist and violent, and while Peeta may sometimes be too idealistic, I think he balances Katniss out well.

No, the whole point of the games and people killing each other is partly for glory, partly to show them "just what they can do." Innocent people.

And the hijacking is just plain mean. The whole point of the book is Peeta's love for Katniss [or one of the main points].

I know, right....

What happened to Gale? I mean, okay, I'll accept the pairing at the end.

But the fact that Gale x Katniss...well...just...ugh, I don't know how to describe it.

EET ENDED WRONNG.

IMO, it ended too abruptly. She just goes 'and then Peeta loves me again, lalala...' with NO DETAILS. At ALL.

meh, it seemed pretty realistic to me, based on the circumstances put.

sad.gif the only reason why I hated it...well, okay, maybe not the ONLY reason, but the number one reason why I hated it was the fact that it was Peeta, not Gale.

Okay, okay, okay, maybe I also disliked it because of Katniss's choice to put President Snow's children through the hunger games. because that's just mean.

A pretty good theory explaining that is that Katniss only said that because she realized Coin would kill her if she said otherwise.

(There is text there-I used aliceblue instead of white)

What?

That Katniss said that because coin would have killed her? I thought that coin was dead by the time she said that.

Katniss killed Coin AFTER the vote.

whaddaya mean?

Surprised about what happened to her at the end?

Not really. I was guessing some twist like that wuold happen near the end.

But Snow ended up dying anyway.

I hated the ending was killing her at the end of the book really necessary? She was my favorite character!

I actually liked the ending. The only part in the entire series I cried over.

Can't remember if I said this before but I felt like it was too abrupt. Things were just happening way too quickly... I feel like if she made it into two books instead of one that would be better. But I'm not sure. I reread it... about three months ago and I think it was better the second time xP still not all that great though

I HATED IT.

*SPOILER ALERT*

So Katniss hates President Snow, about to kill hm, and what does she do? Kill Coin! Why, nobody knows, but Snow dies of laughter. blink.gif

*SPOILER OVER*

Ok, the answer is simple as to why she killed Coin, for all those who don't know or haven't figured it out.

She killed Coin because Coin was responsible for her sisters death, when the parachutes dropped in the trap pattern Gale had come up with (it wasn't his fault that she was killed).

Why did she do it then? So Katniss would be so emotionally damaged she wouldn't try stopping Coin from her last action:

Creating another hunger games, with Capitol children.

Coin didn't want change, she only wanted more bloodshed. With her idea in place, the cycle would have just kept continuing.

In the end, Katniss had to put all grudges against Snow aside to focus on a much bigger and more dangerous threat, Coin.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

In the end, Katniss had to put all grudges against Snow aside to focus on a much bigger and more dangerous threat, Coin.

Not to forget she knew that Snow already was as good as dead.

Coin was in no way better than Snow and I would have hugged and kissed Katniss for killing her if I could.

I liked the ending. It was consequent. Cruel and sad, but realistic.

Yes, I loved the ending for Mockingjay, but I liked the first two books better overall.

Edited by Dauntingale

I don't know if I can say that I 'liked' the ending, but I loved it because it was so realistic. People just don't come through the experiences that those characters suffered all bright and happy and unchanged. The ending was sad, but, all things considered, it was true and had its own joys.

Oh, and why did Katniss kill Coin? Because Coin was responsible for Prim's death, and also she was just as evil as Snow, and was now the one in charge.

Edited by Jennie

I LOVED the ending. I hate Coin, and it makes sense that Katniss would do that, because Coin essentially killed all the healers. Also, the part where they vote on one last Hunger Game was very realistic, and the choices for the characters.

I didn't like Mockingjay as much as the other books in the series, but I don't hate it either. The parts I didn't like were towards the end, when Katniss seems a lot like a whiny brat.

But the ending. Oh gods the ending! I can't get over that Snow was actually right about Coin. And that he'd actually help Katniss, who was virtually his mortal enemy (guess he realized it was pretty much over, so why not?). I didn't like how anticlimactic his ending was though. I expected something more dramatic, and I was half expecting him to try to reconcile with Katniss and then get thrown in prison or something.

As my cousin describes it "mockingly was good, but there's too much political stuff stuffed in one book"

I did not like the ending, there seemed to be way too much needless dyeing. The fact that Katniss was not punished for what she did seemed a little unrealistic.