dragonryaman

Mockingjay

Did you like the ending in Mockingjay?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This came out already? D:

Dammit! Now I have to go to Borders tomorrow!

@ Infinis: Have less moral stricture and it's all over the internet, heh. Or have slightly more moral qualms and just go to the bookstore, sit and read? smile.gif

The nearest bookstore is about 70 miles away. xd.png I live in a small town and the best 'bookstore' we have is Wal-Mart, LOL. I will order it from Borders...at least I get discounts there. xd.png ...Now I want to go to said bookstore and read it.

I feel sorry for you, Infinis. DX I pre-ordered it from Scholastic through a book order.

Where the heck did spoilers go? Not everybody knows Katniss shot Coin yet, jeez. I hate spoiling things to people, it must come from my big sister always asking me what the ending is. Yeah, I'm pretty sure Katniss was justified in shooting Coin, and not just out of revenge for her little sister.

Aaaaand back to relationships. Why is it always Twilight, they did not invent the love triangle darnit. I think the "kill Katniss" thing that Peeta had going was really interesting. Mockingjay made Gale waaay more violent, it's true, but I guess it's just an effect of the war. What can any of us say about what war does to people? Well, at least I can't.

The introduction of the Katniss-killing mutts was an interesting turn of events, as were the trap-pods.

/off-topic

Warning, superguy theories ahead.

If you look back thorugh the books, gale was always a hateful person. All of the time they spent in the woods together, katniss was imagining ending the hunger games and poverty. Gale wanted everyone in the capitol to die from day one. He absolutley hated them. He didnt change, he just got an oppritunity to not only express that hatred without being executed, but to use it in stratagies and combat.

On to the coin shooting. Im going to get contradicted on sooo many levels for this but........ I dont think coin killed prim. Just the combination of snows laughter after coins death, coin's lack of manipulating katniss, and katniss' vengful attitude in the past makes me think killing prim would be an incredibly stupid move by coin. And she always seemed a smart and political person. If coin did it, she would have talked to katniss and encouraged her to kill coin. And really, it would have been a stupid idea, anyone could see what a vengful person katniss is, you dont want to be on her kill list. Plus, why would coin kill so many of her own men? She could have had prim executed secretley and claim she was killed in combat, she would get the same effect, without losing half of her best medics.

Snow was the one who originally implied that coin did it, and he pretty much laughed himself to death when he killed her. Snow wanted to strike one last blow against the rebellion before his death, and what better way then to kill the new president and get the mockingjay executed or sent to an insane asylum? If he had fled in that last hovercraft, where would he go? His empire had fallen, he had nothing left to do but die, why not take out the people who were responsible? Coin and katniss, in one final blow.

One final idea. Its also possible that some radical rebels stole the hovercraft, and simply decided IMMA KILL SOME CAPITOL CHILDREN, then assumed that the medics were capitol medics, and took them out too. This is unlikley, but also a possibilty.

SPOILERS PEOPLE JEEZ Meh I give up. Can we at least put a "WARNING: SPOILERS" in the topic subtitle or something?

Yeah, I was a little 'what?' when it was revealed Coin killed Prim. I mean, that was incredibly stupid, the way Katniss operates and all. I'm torn on believing the book and believing this theory.

I was doubtful of the book because of the stupidity of killing Prim and a bunch of her own doctors, but maybe all of those doctors were on Coin's kill list or something? It was kind of startling how they appeared on the scene so quickly, and it's bizarre how Prim is there but not Katniss's own mother, who is more skilled and an adult. Why would Coin send Prim, who wasn't even 14, into the fray if not to set up her death? I'm not sure what you mean my Coin's lack of manipulating Katniss, IIRC she added her own terms to the Mockingjay deal and sent a mentally unstable Peeta into the battle. According to Katniss, Prim being (seemingly) killed by the Capitol was in Coin's favor because then Katniss would want to get revenge against the Capitol, would agree with the Capitol Hunger Games, and would kill Snow without a hitch.

I can't decide if Snow would flee the country and avoid retribution or want to die because of the shambles his power has become, considering all the stuff he did to make sure he was president (i.e. the poisonings and stuff).

I bought the book tonight, and will read it as soon as I have time. Until then, I will avoid this thread like the plague - don't want to spoil anything for myself.

OMG SOMEONE STARTED A HUNGER GAMES THREAD!!!! WOOOOOOT!!!!! 8D 8D 8D 8D

i feel upset about the ending--i completely believe katniss should have run off with gale instead of peeta. peeta tried to kill her several times, and he was pretty much all show and no go. for the cameras and stuff. but gale actually loved her, and he was her hunting partner, and she seemed to trust him more too. they knew each other inside and out. but i personally disliked peeta from the start. :/

the fill in the blank stuff is just censored spoilers for you who havent read it smile.gif

YUSH! GALE! even i think he's hot.

anyway, i love the twist of killing C _ _ _ at the end. i was like *oh, theres only like two chapters left or so, shell kill S _ _ _ and it'll be over. i may as well not read it* but i forced myself to finished, and i was like *WHOA! WTF!* then i thought *yup, good choice smile.gif * and then the epilogue made me go from smile.gif to mad.gif to sad.gif then to dry.gif

Edited by lizardtail

i feel upset about the ending--i completely believe katniss should have run off with gale instead of peeta. peeta tried to kill her several times, and he was pretty much all show and no go. for the cameras and stuff. but gale actually loved her, and he was her hunting partner, and she seemed to trust him more too. they knew each other inside and out. but i personally disliked peeta from the start. :/

Wait... I thought it was Katniss who acted for the cameras? Peeta always loved Katniss.

Agree, lizardtail xd.png

Her killing C____ was a good choice because C would have ended up being a terrible president. honestly.

Wait... I thought it was Katniss who acted for the cameras? Peeta always loved Katniss.

well, yes, but peeta was good at it. katniss was not. she was better at showing her own self, but peeta was a combination of loving her and acting. his acting made the love seem all the more real, because he did some of katniss' acting for her to some degree. she just kept her mouth shut and smiled at the interviews and infront of the cameras. with gale though, they both showed their true inner self to each other. all the more she shouldve run off with him instead.

Peeta NEVER acted. That was actually a big part of the first two books-how he didn't need to convince people he loved Katniss because he did.

Spoiler, highlight to read. smile.gif

I really liked Mockingjay. So many people die, but somehow I always admire that, because there are those authors that just refuse to kill the characters.

I think the most depressing ones were Finnick and Prim. For Prim, it's like, she saves her in the beginning and then in the end she dies ANYWAYS... this book DIDN'T entirely have a happy ending. And like I said, I kind of like how Suzanne Collins was willing to do that when most famous authors just... don't. I always get really annoyed in a book when they say someone died and then POOF, they're alive. But that's just me.

Still, I miss Finnick, Prim, and the old Peeta. xd.png

Edited by LotusCalm

Mockingjay=SO MUCH WORSE THAN THE FIRST TWO BOOKS. The ending was terrible, and what they did to Peeta just ruined the whole purpose of the book.

THAAAAHAHAHAAANK YOUUUUUU for someone agreeing with me.

ITS NOT COOL! sad.gif

Katniss should have chosen Gale. I am totally Team Gale (though if someone mentions me bringing in the same kind of thing that twilight did with the team edward and team jacob thing, I will personally bite their heads off.) no I won't but still, it's nothing like twilight x(

/endrant.

Srsly? It's just a punch in Gale's face.

Although it really made me cry when he strangled Katniss. Or tried to.

and then what's this aout Gale finding a pretty girl from the capital? was that sarcastic or did it actually happen?

That made me cry too sad.gif though the idea of the avoxes getting tortured like that also made me shudder a bit.

It was dark, but I sort of liked it that way. I do know a friend who absolutely hated the ending though. It reminds me a bit of the ending of the Harry Potter series, though that was happier.