I hate to break it to anyone but...

Uh....

How do I put this gently...

Disturbed... Well...

DISTURBED ISN'T METAL.

There. I said it.

DISTURBED ISN'T METAL.

There. I said it.

Depends on how you define metal I suppose.

Depends on how you define metal I suppose.

I suppose so. But I tend to classify bands like Skillet, Disturbed, Slipknot, etc. as hard rock. Metal has a much harder sound, more intricate guitar work, usually heavier vocals, that sort of thing. Especially going to the kind of shows I've gone to and liking the kind of music I do, I find it a little bit funny when someone calls themselves a metalhead because they listen to Disturbed. Well... er... if that's what you want to call it, that's cool... but uh... that *heavy* part in heavy metal? Well uh... yeah, that implies, well... heavy. No offense to anyone who likes Disturbed, I like em too (a little), but I think of them more as a pop-hard rock band that tries really hard to be "black" or "edgy" but... well... idk xd.png bands like August Burns Red, Asking Alexandria, White Chapel, etc kinda rank as metal for me.

Asylum

Deceiver

The Night

Shout 2000

Deify

And my favorite: Land of Confusion

I love Disturbed.

I suppose so. But I tend to classify bands like Skillet, Disturbed, Slipknot, etc. as hard rock. Metal has a much harder sound, more intricate guitar work, usually heavier vocals, that sort of thing. Especially going to the kind of shows I've gone to and liking the kind of music I do, I find it a little bit funny when someone calls themselves a metalhead because they listen to Disturbed. Well... er... if that's what you want to call it, that's cool... but uh... that *heavy* part in heavy metal? Well uh... yeah, that implies, well... heavy. No offense to anyone who likes Disturbed, I like em too (a little), but I think of them more as a pop-hard rock band that tries really hard to be "black" or "edgy" but... well... idk xd.png bands like August Burns Red, Asking Alexandria, White Chapel, etc kinda rank as metal for me.

One could argue, from that standpoint, that only black and death metal are actualy metal. *shrugs* I think the argument over wether or not something is metal is rather pointless. Metal is about the spirit of the music and the memebers of the band, not nescesairy 100% about how they sound. There's a *lot* of variation in metal. And, really, if oyu think about it Disturbed really are heavier than Sabbath at some points, and no one would try arguing that Sabbath weren't metal.

One could argue, from that standpoint, that only black and death metal are actualy metal. *shrugs* I think the argument over wether or not something is metal is rather pointless. Metal is about the spirit of the music and the memebers of the band, not nescesairy 100% about how they sound. There's a *lot* of variation in metal. And, really, if oyu think about it Disturbed really are heavier than Sabbath at some points, and no one would try arguing that Sabbath weren't metal.

I wouldn't really define the kind of music I listen to ask black or death metal. It's metalcore, hardcore, punk-ish metal type stuff. I just don't feel the "metal" with bands like Disturbed. Too pop-ish. Really, I hesitate to call anything that comes on the local rock station metal. I love Skillet, Disturbed, etc. sometimes, depends on my mood. I just don't place them under "metal" in my head xd.png

Yeah, it is kind of a pointless argument. Have you ever listened to pirate metal or folk metal? Look up Alestorm and Eluveitie if you've never heard them tongue.gif

Yeah, it is kind of a pointless argument. Have you ever listened to pirate metal or folk metal? Look up Alestorm and Eluveitie if you've never heard them tongue.gif

Have both in my record collection as it happens wink.gif

Pretty sad to see David is going to be taking a break from Disturbed for a while to work with his new band project Device. :c

I agree with phil to a point. I wouldn't call them metal, perhaps hard rock, but I would certainly say Disturbed is nowhere near pop. :P

Indestructible is the first song I ever heard by Disturbed - blasted over the house speakers at a friend's place, and it remains my favorite. I do enjoy some of their other songs, though.

Love Disturbed. I used to be more into them, but not as much anymore. Still love their music though, my favorites were:

#1 Inside the Fire

#2 Another Way to Die

#3 Facade

#4 Indestructible

#5 Criminal.

Went out and bought their album "Indestructible" two or three years ago now, easily my favorite album by them. ^^