tomas1297

Disturbed

Why do we not have a Disturbed thread yet?

I just got their new album "Asylum" and now I'm very excited and need to create a Disturbed thread.

Anyway,my favorite songs are:

From The Sickness:

- Down With The Sickness (A legend.Worth mentioning even if only for the metal scream at the beginning.)

- Voices (Sounds deeper and more refined than the rest of The Sickness.)

From Believe:

- Prayer (I think Believe was quite meh honestly,but Prayer is beautiful.It's my "sad song".)

From Ten Thousand Fists:

- Just stop (Kinda sounds like a more metal Prayer.Is also a beast live.)

- Deify (Sounds very inspiring and is a great crowd participation song.)

- Land Of Confusion (It got me into Disturbed.What's not to like?)

From Indestructible:

- Inside The Fire (I wish I could laugh like that.Good solo.)

- The Night (Beast guitars,very epic sounding.)

- Criminal (Epic sounding.)

- Facade (Very epic sounding and my favorite Disturbed solo.)

From Asylum:

- Asylum (Good guitars.Sounds like a much better Indestructible to me and the parts close to the ending remind me of a metal opera or something.)

- Another Way To Die (The first song I heard from Asylum.All-round epic.)

- Crucified (My favorite song from Asylum.Very atmospheric and I love the guitars in the beginning and after the repeating verse.)

- ISHFWILF (It's a U2 cover.But it's metal.Nuff' said.)

Umm...This post is longer than I expected.And I will feel stupid if no one posts.So encourage me by posting.

___

Did I mention I think they have the best cover art?

user posted image

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Disturbed is beast! I thing the only ones that I loved that werent on your list are:

Never Again- Asylum

The Animal- Asylum

Decadence- 10000 Fists

Pain Redifined- Limited edition

They're so great! Though, I don't have any favorite songs, I love all of their songs and haven't been able to choose which one I like best. /;

...I find it hilarious that Disturbed is a Christian band. :b Though you can really tell when you listen to the lyrics, really.

I absolutely love Disturbed! Saw em in concert and man they're fun~ I like just about all of their songs so far!

Singer dude- he really sounds like that. Just... talking. It sounds like he's screaming. And he's soooo short it's so cute~

Here's a buncha pics I took from the Disturbed concert I went to, if no one has ever gone to one of their shows. They really are pretty damn nifty to be able to get effects like that in such a small arena.

...I find it hilarious that Disturbed is a Christian band.

I did not know this until now xd.png. Thanks for answering my question! I was thinking they might be.

I have wrongly judged Christian rock music.

I heard about this band from a journal on dA. At first I thougt it was a video game, then I googled it and was like "awww, it's just music" and then 3 days later I started listening to it. Asylum is my favorite song by them.

Disturbed aren't Christian.They're Jews.Get yer censorkip.gif straight.

Edit:Since someone mentioned they thought Disturbed was a game,I would like to mention that a game where you play as their mascot would be epic.

Edited by tomas1297

Too overrated, and the fanbase is horrible. I wouldn't want to wear a Disturbed shirt at school, just because of the other fans that may then think we'd be good friends. Same with Tool. I like the band, but hate most of the fans.

Anyway, I hate the songs Down With The Sickness and Stupify.

Other than that I like all of them I've heard. I guess my favorites would be Believe, Deify, and The Night.

Disturbed is awesome.

My favorite songs are Inside the Fire, Voices, The Night, Liberate, and Ten Thousand Fists. I like all of their songs though.

My favorites from Asylum are The Infection, Warrior, and Never Again.

I have wrongly judged Christian rock music.

Please note - there is a difference between 'Christian Rock Music' and bands with christians in them. 'Christian Rock Music' is predominantly about Christian themes, bands with christians in them tend to sing about whatever the heck they like, because the religion of some (or all) of their members in about as far away from their central theme as you can get.

For instance Megadeth, Slayer and Killswitch Engage all have christians in their line up - but none can be called a 'christian' band. As I think someone else said Disturbed would have Jewish members, and doesn't make 'christian' music.

Shifting onto the topic at hand - been listening to their new album recently, and I confess I'm quite fond of Another Way To Die, Serpentine and Innocence. ISHFWILF is by turns amusing and epic, and great to sing along to in the car (helps that I also liked the original wink.gif ).

Been a fan of the band for quite some time, and I've rarely found a song on any of their albums that I didn't like.

Disturbed aren't Christian.They're Jews.Get yer censorkip.gif straight.

Well excuuuse me.

Still. It's still pretty awesome. The thought of Jewish men doing something like that just tickles me.

Anyone hear of Matisyahu? He's a Hebrew raggae/rock type of guy. Tickles me even more.

@TikindiDragon- usually 'Christian rock bands' have their music mostly -if not completely- influenced by their religion. If you've heard a lot of Disturbed's stuff, I'd probably say they were boarding it. ....Well, Jewish rock band, maybe?

At least they're not completely and obsessively religious with their music...

@TikindiDragon- usually 'Christian rock bands' have their music mostly -if not completely- influenced by their religion. If you've heard a lot of Disturbed's stuff, I'd probably say they were boarding it. ....Well, Jewish rock band, maybe?

At least they're not completely and obsessively religious with their music...

I own the entire disco, and I've been listening to them since The Sickness first came out. Yeah, I have heard pretty much all of their stuff. There are some religious references in there - but not so many I'd consider them a religious band. Religion has been a pretty big thing in world-wide culture, so it'd be a little unusual for a band as political as Disturbed to have ignored it entirely.

TikindiDragon is right. Disturbed incorporates a lot of deeper political messages in their songs an one of the big debates after 9/11 has been religously based. Also if you are referring to David as the Christian member of the band I beleive, dont quote me on this, that he is no longer a Christian. Personally I could care less and find that trying to push religious interperatation into music ruins it.

Some of my current favorite songs are from Disturbed. High on my list right now (all from Indestructible):

-Indestructible (Go figure eh? tongue.gif)

-Inside the Fire (I even got my sister hooked on this one and she's no metal head)

-The Night (Personal favorite)

-Haunted

Down with the Sickness is always a classic, but the last couple minutes tend to ruin it for me.

Down with the Sickness is always a classic, but the last couple minutes tend to ruin it for me.

Yeah, the little mom rant completely kills the rest of the song, which is only decent to begin with.

I just heard that David broke his nose and had to have reconstructive on his nasal cavities. He apparent ly is relearning how to sing so if you see a Disturbed show dont be surprised if his singing is off.

Disturbed incorporates a lot of deeper political messages in their songs an one of the big debates after 9/11 has been religously based.

Disturbed incorporates a lot of deeper messages, period.

Some of my favorite songs concerning them are:

Indestructible

Inside The Fire

Down With The Sickness

10,000 Fists

Stricken

others...

The band is awesome, if I had to pick one song from all their albums.....I would have to say Criminal is my favorite.

The band is awesome, if I had to pick one song from all their albums.....I would have to say Criminal is my favorite.

yes and the warrior cool.gif

I don't think there's a song off of Asylum that I don't like.

I think the only ones that I'm not crazy about from that album are Another Way to Die, Crucified, and Sacrifice. And I'm not saying they're bad. The rest of the songs just blew me away.

One of the reasons that I can repeatedly listen to Disturbed's tracks are the meanings of the songs. Many of those songs resonate with me emotionally. And others are just plain catchy.