She_Wolf67

Wolves

I don't know. I support exotic pet ownership.

You support wild animals being taken out of their homes and kept as pets?

Let me open my anthro book for this and give you some statistics....

Every year millions of animals are killed for bushmeat, in animal laboratories and through habitat destruction, but many more die as a result of the wildlife trade.

It is estimated almost 30,000 wild caught primates are sold into the international market each with at least 25% of these being illegal.

Do you support that? Really?

I don't recommend trying to find a hybrid. They can turn on their owners because, as with any wild creature, they are not truly 'tame.' They can be friendly one minute and they can turn the next.  wink.gif

I'm fully aware of the potential for danger, however, the same is true for supposedly "domestic" breeds. I refuse to ever own any retriever-type breed ever again, for example, because two labs and a golden later in life, I've found that all three of them turned on me eventually, whereas my pittbull/Doberman/Rottweiler/ mix was loyal to the end. My cousin had a wolf/Siberian Husky cross and that was the sweetest, best tempered dog I've ever met, and I spent some time working at a shelter.

Edit:

On the exotic pets issue, I've had some animals that would be considered exotic, but they were animals that were injured and could not survive in the wild. I've raised snakes foreign to this region because somehow they got loose up here and ended up hurt one way or another, as well as numerous species of birds including crows, pheasants, turkeys, and robins. I don't support "exotic pets" in the sense of healthy animals being taken from the wild, but if there's a sick or wounded animal, I fully support rehabilitation in the hopes of it becoming strong enough to go back to where it belongs. However, sometimes an animal won't ever recover enough to survive without human aide (for example, a sparrow my sister rescued, with a wing and a leg broken in multiple places. We were able to heal the leg, but the wing remained unusable, so we kept her.)

Edited by dragon_mando

No animal is overated...if ever there was one it is HUMANS >:o ANIMALS ARE NOT A TREND SO HOW CAN THEY BE OVERATED MY GOD HONESTLY PEOPLE....if so life is overated....EARTH is overrated...EXISTANCE is overated >.<

Anyways I love wolves and just about every animal on earth even down to the little earwig bug ^-^. Animals are epic, amazing creatures. Every one has their own skill that just seems so wonderful compaired to the human species. I love the wolf so much because from the wolf and many other wild dogs came our loyal pet and from the wolf comes the beautiful husky.

Edited by Delphine

You support wild animals being taken out of their homes and kept as pets?

Let me open my anthro book for this and give you some statistics....

Do you support that? Really?

Not to mention that most exotics aren't pets for a reason.

There have been quite a few people who were maimed or killed by pet primates (do you happen to recall that news story a little while ago where some woman had her face ripped off by a monkey? And it wasn't even HER pet), and I'm sure the same is true for most other animals.

Some animals are just not meant to be domesticated, and it is both cruel to the animal (which is unlikely to be happy in such an environment, especially if it was born in the wild) and dangerous to the owners and those near them.

I think wolves have kinda become overrated now.

Just this. Argh. This, so much.

God damn I'm sick of all the wolf hype >__>

For those who want to own a wolf, my parents used to own a full blooded wolf. It wasn't even part dog. They also owned two lions named Simba and Ceasar. The wolf was named Wolf. dry.gif I love wolves. I actually think I would prefer the life of a wolf to the life of a human. It's both my mom's and my favorite animal. And, from what I was told by a friend of mine who knows random things, the wolf is most likely my spirit animal. ^^ And, for those who are mad that my parents owned wild animals, they were born and raised in captivity, one lion died naturally, the other was given to breed more lions to keep the population steady. The wolf also had a full life as well. It was all perfectly legal, and technically still is where I live. They just made it extremely hard to own them. I support the ownership of those type of animals, as long as the owners can handle it. My parent's lions were born and raised in captivity, but they still wouldn't let anyone other than close family pet them, because the lions weren't tame, they were domesticated. I think that as long as the person who owns them is responsible and doesn't try selling them or anything like that, and it's done legally, that it's perfectly fine.

I don't agree with owning wild animals but then again when I look at it all animals are wild, all of them started there. No species was born tame I mean look at the horse? They are not tame animals, even the one's owned by people are in no way truly tame. You make a loud sound they freak out and throw you off because their wild nature tells them run. If you get between a mare and her baby and she feels it is in danger she will attack her because her wild nature tells her protect. You put two stallions together they will fight because their wild nature tells them to kill...so honestly even our pets are wild animals. A dog will eat its owner after they die and they become hungry. A cat will attack you when it feels you are going to harm it. A pet bird will bite you and reptiles...lets not even GO there. They want nothing to do with people, they rather sit in their cage and sleep on their rock.

Edited by Delphine

I find wolves to be beautiful, fascinating creatures. I was fortunate enough to get a few nice pictures of one recently (in a zoo, sadly). I've also done a fair amount of researching them during my high school/college years for papers and such. I have like the for several years now.

Though, I will say that I also very much enjoyed the Jaguars, Otters, Spoonbills, Ringed Teals, Kudu, and all the other creatures I saw that day at the zoo. Some animals may hold my interest more than others, but my interest in wolves doesn't take away my interst in other creatures.

Some exotic pets make perfectly fine pets, like degus, hedgehogs, some birds, frogs, etc. Other ones, not so much, like primates and bears.

Who'd want to own a dirty monkey anyway? Gross.

RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are number one in my world followed by mice and then the rare but beautiful black jaguar's...simply because they look a lot more I don't know how to describe it but ancient...powerful...the normal jag is beautiful as well and of course I LOVE the Okapi and the mantis...best bug EVER.

You forgot Rats and mice...they make great pets... sad.gif

Also the serval is a good pet, in fact in Africa they are practicly the domestic cat...of the past. Very small yet you need to take them for walks, feed them some raw meat, they can claw up your house so like a normal cat give them somethig to rip apart, and they are a little harder to litter train so start very young.

Edited by Delphine

Not to mention that most exotics aren't pets for a reason.

There have been quite a few people who were maimed or killed by pet primates (do you happen to recall that news story a little while ago where some woman had her face ripped off by a monkey? And it wasn't even HER pet), and I'm sure the same is true for most other animals.

Some animals are just not meant to be domesticated, and it is both cruel to the animal (which is unlikely to be happy in such an environment, especially if it was born in the wild) and dangerous to the owners and those near them.

The reason that her face was ripped off was because she wasn't careful.

I believe the story you are referring to is about a chimp that someone was trying to teach to communicate. We discussed this in detail last semester. If you're careful around chimps they won't hurt you. But they are wild animals, not pets. In the gombe(sp?) forest, chimps will sometimes knock over researchers. They are doing this in a playful way, but it can hurt the researchers. People forget that wild animals are wild, they aren't like your dog or cat. And most wild animals can easily kill you. In the wild male chimps will kill other males in a violent way. They will hunt smaller primates, they have a very complex hunting strategy in the denser forest, for food.

The reason I'm primarily using primates as examples, is that I don't know much about wolf behaviors, but I do know quite a bit about primate behaviors. All wild animals are still wild though.

RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are number one in my world followed by mice and then the rare but beautiful black jaguar's...simply because they look a lot more I don't know how to describe it but ancient...powerful...the normal jag is beautiful as well and of course I LOVE the Okapi and the mantis...best bug EVER.

You forgot Rats and mice...they make great pets... sad.gif

Also the serval is a good pet, in fact in Africa they are practicly the domestic cat...of the past. Very small yet you need to take them for walks, feed them some raw meat, they can claw up your house so like a normal cat give them somethig to rip apart, and they are a little harder to litter train so start very young.

If you were talking to me, I said 'etc', lol. Plus I wasn't sure if they were considered exotic or not.

Having a serval would be neat, but they are illegal where I live.

Much of the time injuries from animals are due to the people being dumbasses. As kiff said, with the chimps, plus all this "omg wolves are soooo majestik i wanna pet 1" and other such things...

Like dingos. They look so cute and harmless...

Lets not forget 'domestic' animals can kill too. I know of someone killed by a horse, a baby killed by a dog...our 'pets' are just as dangerous and unpredictable as any other animal. The only diffrence is we learned over time how to care for them and treat them properly yet lordy if someone mistreats or raises an animal the wrong way...that is when you have massive dogs ripping off little kids hands or attacking people. Even with my little min pin I look at him and think of him as a dangerous animal.

RheZen is correct, most of the time it is because peopel are just not thinking.

Edit: Ya and rats and mice are considered exotic, you can get them at just about any exotic pet store that sells exotic birds, reptiles, fish, and mamals. Especaly one of my mice (you can only get from a mouse breeder since they don't sell them in pet shops) which is 25% feral mouse (house mouse I beleive) it give them a beautiful wild coat called feral. It also gives them rather skitish personalities as well unlike the normal domestic mouse which is rather friendly. I also have a wild feild mouse named Tessla who is 5 weeks old now, all legs and energy. So hard keeping up with babies >.<

Edited by Delphine

I was honestly wondering when a topic like this would show up.

I personally hate Wolfaboos.

Love wolves.

Hate the fandom.

Really? Wolves are endangered? Check the ESA. Oh, and most of the Wolfaboos tend to ignore any wolf that isn't a fluffy sooper kyoot Grey Wolf. And they tend not to be very educated about the species as a whole. Like to their argument of "Wolves help keep deer and elk populations healthy!" one can reply with "they carry easy to transfer parasites that actually weaken herds."

So...great animal, bad fandom.

I'm a supporter of real endangered animals. Like the Amur Leopard, that has less than fourty specimens left in the wild. there's an endangered species if I've ever heard of one.

But hey, imo, no animal is greater or lesser than another. All are pretty great, and while I have my favorites (because who doesn't), I tend to like most animals.

On the topic of "exotic pets", I'd love to own a Fennec Fox (with extensive research) and a Savannah Cat (a cross between a Servel and a domestic cat), both of which have shown to have great personalities. I do not support Wolfdogs because of their temperament and I don't support the keeping of big cats, bears, etc as pets.

Some wild animals, like the Fennec, can make good pets when the proper research is done.

There was/is a species of snail with only one member left. I read the article a while ago, so sadly it's probably long expired.

;_; Poor unloved invertebrates.

Ok. Here's a stupid question. smile.gif But what is a Wolfaboos? I've never heard of them.

Ok. Here's a stupid question. :) But what is a Wolfaboos? I've never heard of them.

Do you know what Weaboos are? It's essentially a weaboo for wolves.

Screw it. Here's the ED article.

May or may not be SFW.

Wolfaboos

Overrated, hyenas are far more interesting.

ETA: And as 'omgspeshul' as people tend to think wolves are (especially in rearing pups), they're still canines and females will still kill another she-wolf's pups.

Hyenas, being a feliform, are accualy more closely related to cats :B

Do you know what Weaboos are? It's essentially a weaboo for wolves.

Screw it. Here's the ED article.

May or may not be SFW.

Wolfaboos

Thanks. I don't know what Weaboos are either. Ah, and from just reading the first few sentences, I can see why people don't like Wolfaboos. Now, I'll go read the rest of the article.

On the topic of "exotic pets", I'd love to own a Fennec Fox (with extensive research) and a Savannah Cat (a cross between a Servel and a domestic cat), both of which have shown to have great personalities. I do not support Wolfdogs because of their temperament and I don't support the keeping of big cats, bears, etc as pets.

Some wild animals, like the Fennec, can make good pets when the proper research is done.

AHHHH CUTE...Fennec make great pets but they tend to imprint on only one person. I know of the Savannah cat as well, I am actualy lookingor a breeder close to me right now with a litter comming. I hope to bring one into my home at some point. They are a lot likeogs however and should have a inclossed outsdie place to play. I also hear you should leash train them to take for walks and NEVER let them go outside because they will run away. I already have a Savannah proofed backward pen, it is off the ground and covered with chicken wire with grass a cat tree, a fountain, and potted plants. Gives the cat plenty of room to roam but keeps it safe from trouble. I think my little black kitty has claimed that area however... <.<

Ah and poor snail, it's sad but bugs, frogs, and all sorts of small creatures go extinct every day and no one seems to care. I mean there is a species of butterfly who honestly only has a small patch of land in the middle of a city and this is the onyl place they can survive. Every year their population drops and they don't know how long it will be until they are just gone forever. sad.gif

Thanks. I don't know what Weaboos are either. Ah, and from just reading the first few sentences, I can see why people don't like Wolfaboos. Now, I'll go read the rest of the article.

Please note that ED is also satire mixed in with cold hard truth. It's best not to take some things seriously XD

Weaboos are essentially people obsessed with Japan.

AHHHH CUTE...Fennec make great pets but they tend to imprint on only one person. I know of the Savannah cat as well, I am actualy lookingor a breeder close to me right now with a litter comming. I hope to bring one into my home at some point. They are a lot likeogs however and should have a inclossed outsdie place to play. I also hear you should leash train them to take for walks and NEVER let them go outside because they will run away. I already have a Savannah proofed backward pen, it is off the ground and covered with chicken wire with grass a cat tree, a fountain, and potted plants. Gives the cat plenty of room to roam but keeps it safe from trouble. I think my little black kitty has claimed that area however... <.<

That's why I've made sure to do my research c: I've made sure both are legal in my state, and there are breeders (thank god).

However, I'm afraid we're all drifting rather off topic here...

Please note that ED is also satire mixed in with cold hard truth. It's best not to take some things seriously xd.png

Weaboos are essentially people obsessed with Japan.

That's why I've made sure to do my research c: I've made sure both are legal in my state, and there are breeders (thank god).

However, I'm afraid we're all drifting rather off topic here...

Thanks. I did find a lot of it very funny as I skimmed through the article. ED isn't a site I visit often - I think I've only been there about couple of times before.

I was honestly wondering when a topic like this would show up.

I personally hate Wolfaboos.

Love wolves.

Hate the fandom.

Really? Wolves are endangered? Check the ESA. Oh, and most of the Wolfaboos tend to ignore any wolf that isn't a fluffy sooper kyoot Grey Wolf. And they tend not to be very educated about the species as a whole. Like to their argument of "Wolves help keep deer and elk populations healthy!" one can reply with "they carry easy to transfer parasites that actually weaken herds."

So...great animal, bad fandom.

I'm a supporter of real endangered animals. Like the Amur Leopard, that has less than fourty specimens left in the wild. there's an endangered species if I've ever heard of one.

But hey, imo, no animal is greater or lesser than another. All are pretty great, and while I have my favorites (because who doesn't), I tend to like most animals.

^This. This so much. I really couldn't have said it better myself. Good thing Kila could~ ;D