dark_kitsune

Zombie Success stories

Im getting ready by raising unwanted dragons and getting ready to kill them! MWAHAHAA!!!! Im planning on one adult and 3 hatchlings.

Edited by libby2999

I have two zombies, an adult and a hatchling. The adult was originally a black, the hatchling, vine.

I already have one adult I made last year. This year I'm going to try for a male adult and a hatchling.

WB

I tried for four or five zombies two years ago, I think, knowing that there was a chance of failure. Two of them became zombies (I think I was lucky enough that one was male and one was female, but I'll have to check), one was revived successfully, and the rest remained dead. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that once you managed to successfully revive a dragon, you wouldn't be able to do it again if you killed it again, so the one that lived was needlessly murdered. D:

They were all pinks, which at the time seemed like a good breed to hoard up on. Now they have the influence BSA, though, so I wouldn't mind having some of those dead pinks back. Haha xP

My two Zombies are from Whiptails and Daydreams. This year I'm concentrating on Splits. I have two CB's I'm going to try and zombify and if that fails I have their children. I'm only going to try the children if I can breed them first though. So far they are being stubborn.

I have got a question about zombies. I hope it was not asked before but I can not find something about it.

Will the lineage of a zombie disappear after it has turned? I have got an adult zombie and it still has its lineage. But I do not understand why the lineage of dead dragons (tombstones) disappears after a few weeks. I would like to turn a dragon into a zombie that has a lineage, but it would only make sence if its children would be shown as second gens. That will be not the case, right?

Last Halloween I tried reviving three dragons. I only wanted a male and female Zombie.

The first one was a complete success.

My second and third attempts failed(the adults managed to defend themselves or whatever)

The fourth attempt the dragon died but was revived back to normal.

And lastly the fifth dragon died and came back a Zombie. I won't be trying to kill dragons or hatchlings this year now that I have my male and female pair.

I have one zombie that was a female balloon, one that was a male water dragon, and one that was a white hatchling. :3

I have two zombies. I believe the first was a male balloon, created in 2009. I was 1/5 that year.

Last year, I had one revive, which I accidentally killed a second time. >.< I was 1/4, creating a zombie from a frozen female ridgewing. I don't remember which color, it was probably purple.

Has anyone successfully made a Zombie "lineage" (1+offspring and 2 Zombie parents)? Or have plans for trying?

I tried last year - my pair was a male Guardian and a female mint with a vampire offspring. The male died but didn't return, the female dodged and I'm going to try zombify her again this year. If it works, my vamp's lineage is going to be pretty undead looking. tongue.gif

Only one success last year. He was originally a whiptail.

I havent gotten any but im planning to make one adult zombie and two hatchling zombies (one gendered and one ungendered). Im thinking i need 3 of each for folder.

Has anyone successfully made a Zombie "lineage" (1+offspring and 2 Zombie parents)? Or have plans for trying?

i have plans that carried over from last year

http://dragcave.net/lineage/tMeb

adult zombies have eluded me thus far, for the past two years they either just died (grandparents on that lineage) or avoided the blade (parents)

i need to find my zombie hatchlings, i saved the link to the one but the other i lost my link so i can't double check it until midnight xd.png

i need to make S1 fodder too

Well, last year I had two successes: an Ochredrake adult female ( http://dragcave.net/lineage/EYWW ) and a Daydream hatchling male ( http://dragcave.net/lineage/deds ). Strangely enough, both were CBs...and were zombie fodder strictly because of their codes.

I had one Nocturne hatchling die and crumble to dust, 3 more Nocturnes (2 adult, 1 hatchling) dodge the blade. They're in the "basement" of my scroll still on death row.

The prior year, I had 3 crumble to dust (balloons) and 2 Pink males dodge the blade. (When the Pink BSA was released, I subsequently gave them both a permanent stay of execution, named them and took them out of the "basement".)

This year I'm also planning on trying to make a small no-kill army. I'll let a bunch of AP grabs hatch and time out as hatchlings just prior to Halloween, and try reviving them on the holiday.

I made three attempts to Zombie last year. I had one dodge (a Guardian), one die and crumble to dust, one Revive, and one Zombie success (all Pebbles). So I got one of every available result xd.png

A couple things I learned:

~Once a dragon dodges, it will continue to dodge for 24 hours after the first attempt. So don't bother to keep trying wink.gif

~If you REVIVE a dragon, it is possible to kill it again. And if I remember correctly, the second time around you don't get the revive option. Your twice-dead dragon just automatically crumbles away. As a bonus, now you've used two kill slots on one dragon tongue.gif

(I discovered this because I meant to test the continual-dodge theory for fun, but it was about 3am, I was super tired, and not paying attention. So I killed my revived dragon, wasted a kill slot, and lost a dragon I could have kept on scroll. *sigh*)

I have one female zombie, but I'm attempting to build a Marrow x Zombie lineage so I need one each of adult male and female, both with living offspring. For scroll completion, I also want one male, one female, and one s1 hatchlings. For hatchlings I'm breeding up babies that I'll let run out of time, so I don't have to kill them - that way I can save all my kill slots for the adults. Once I manage to get all those, I won't need to make any more except maybe for future lineages.

I'll be sitting aside at least 5 (probably a few more since dragons to evade the sword) to try to zombify. Since zombie kills no longer take up a kill slot permanently, I have 5 slots again (I'd had only 2 since 2009 when I successfully made 3 zombies). I want a gendered zombie and a male adult zombie since I have 2 females and an ungendered already.

So breeds and kill slots and timing out of the way, the question is:

HOW do you zombify? What do you do and do you need to go to the Neglected

fansite? Grandsons want to try for zombies, not neglecteds, because that is probably

much more difficult.

Edited by grammydragon

So breeds and kill slots and timing out of the way, the question is:

HOW do you zombify? What do you do and do you need to go to the Neglected

fansite? Grandsons want to try for zombies, not neglecteds, because that is probably

much more difficult.

You just use the "revive" action of any dead hatchling or adult on Halloween. It's as simple as that.

Then the dragon will either revive successfully (rarely), or desintegrate (happens a lot more with hatchlings than adults) or become a zombie.

You do not need a fansite for this at all!

All you need is a dead dragon, hatchling or adult. (Adults you have to kill using the kill-Action. Hatchlings can also die by running out of time (or sickness, I suppose). They do not have to die on Halloween, but you need to have the tombstone on your scroll on Halloween, so their deaths shouldn't be longer than 2 weeks before Halloween.)

My experience is that many adult dragons "dodge the blade", which means the kill Action doesn't work. But you don't know that unless you try. So if you want adult zombies, prepare a large hoard of adults to possibly kill. If you do manage to kill them, they are pretty likely to turn zombie (about 50 % at least).

Hatchlings are much easier to kill, but also have a much higher chance to desintegrate instead of turning zombie. So if you want zombie hatchlings, let a bunch of them die a "natural death" (run out of time or sickness) the week before Halloween, since "revive" does not have a counter, only "kill" does.

It took me 2 years to get my zombie family (adult pair + hatchling pair). In the first year I made the adults - tried to kill about 1-2 dozen before I had 2 that died - both turned zombie upon revival. Used the remaining 3 kills on frozen hatchlings - all 3 died, all 3 desintegrated. sad.gif

n the second year (I did not know that natural death works as well yet) I used my 3 kill slots on 3 unfrozen hatchlings with good stats (about 1 day from growing up) - 1 desintegrated, but 2 of them turned zombie. smile.gif

I do not know whether my hatchie success in the second year was due to the fact that I used unfrozen hatchies with good stats, or to luck.

Thanks for the tips, Lastalda! I think I'll use up all 5 of my kill slots on adult dragons and let a few hatchlings die by hatching them and then fogging them until they run out of time.

...Even though it sounds so cruel. ;_;

Thanks for the tips, Lastalda! I think I'll use up all 5 of my kill slots on adult dragons and let a few hatchlings die by hatching them and then fogging them until they run out of time.

...Even though it sounds so cruel. ;_;

Now that you mention it, killing the hatchies by fogging them does sound cruel. DX

Last year i attempted my very first zombie with my only hatchie. it worked first time tongue.gif but the writing that comes up when you kill the dragon makes me feel really guilty sad.gif

user posted image

I'm dying for this combo *drools