dark_kitsune

Zombie Success stories

Hatchlings are easier to kill than adults, huh? I was looking at people's lineage plans and was thinking about maybe having a pair of adults breed two children, and try to make them all zombies.

But... hm. If it fails, then the family... hrmmmmmmmmmm. If they failed, I'd feel so guilty sad.gif maybe I'll make them all CB after all....

Also, frozen hatchlings work just fine as well, right? I want adults and hatchlings, they're actually quite cute =3

Yes. Frozen hatchlings work fine (the one I zombified was frozen).

These tips are all good, but I want to make minor corrections to these two.

For the first tip... The Revive action does have three results: Failure (the dragon turns into dust), Botched Success (the dragon turns into a Zombie), and Complete Success (the dragon comes back to life like it was never killed). Please note that if you successfully revive a dragon back to life, you can kill it again. However, you cannot try to revive it again once you kill it.

For the second tip... Even after the tombstone disappears, you can still sort the Zombie during the hours its visible (midnight to 6:00am EST). There was a glitch that prevented this, but it's been resolved.

Another tip I would add is... Once a dragon dodges, it will continue to do so for the next 24 hours, no matter how many times you try to kill it. Therefore, you won't be able to use it for Zombie fodder, since the timeframe to make Zombies is also 24 hours (although you can try again next year).

As for my own experiences last year... I had one dodge, and killed five. Of those five, three failed to revive, one revived completely (and then was killed again, which's how I learned about the revive thing dry.gif ), and one turned into a Zombie. The one that turned into a Zombie was an adult female CB Neotropical.

Just to clarify...once the Zombie has been sorted and placed where you want it on the scroll - it will stay there? I do remember people mentioning that the Zombies tended to travel all over their scrolls. I'm horribly picky about how my scroll looks and want them in a particular spot (between my Pumpkins and my Vamps)

Be aware that you can't zombify unbreedable dragons. Also I don't know if splits can be zombified. Maybe someone can verify that.

Splits can indeed be Zombified. http://dragcave.net/lineage/0Gkp

So can Pygmies and Draks.

Last year I killed 5/5, but only 1 was successfully zombified (adult male frilled dragon). I permanently killed a water hatchling, a white hatchling, a purple hatchling, and a white female adult. All the hatchlings were pre-frozen.

I'm starting to keep a few commons for this year's attempts. I really hope to get a hatchling.

Just to clarify...once the Zombie has been sorted and placed where you want it on the scroll - it will stay there? I do remember people mentioning that the Zombies tended to travel all over their scrolls. I'm horribly picky about how my scroll looks and want them in a particular spot (between my Pumpkins and my Vamps)

Many people did have "traveling" zombies. I never had that problem - I used legacy custom sort and give them a really high number at the bottom of my scroll.

@dark_kitsune: Zombies can be sorted, but they will stubbornly maintain the numerical position they were sorted into. Say your zombie is currently number 50 out of 100 dragons, and you get 10 new dragons. Then, the dragon that used to be first is now in 11th, and the dragon that used to be 49th goes to 59th, but the zombie at 50 stays at 50. So it looks like it's moved, relative to the other dragons biggrin.gif

Great tips, yosofine! I just want to add one little detail. I believe the tombstone is also visible all day on the 31st of every month that has a 31st day.

Last year, I tried 5 times shortly after midnight eastern time. The first one was an adult lineaged black female, and she turned into a zombie. After that, I tried 4 adult males: a CB waterwalker, a (probably lineaged) frill, a lineaged vine, and a lineaged black. All of them died and did not come back.

Just to clarify...once the Zombie has been sorted and placed where you want it on the scroll - it will stay there?  I do remember people mentioning that the Zombies tended to travel all over their scrolls.  I'm horribly picky about how my scroll looks and want them in a particular spot (between my Pumpkins and my Vamps)

My Zombies like to travel. In fact, just last night I happened to be on super late so logged on to look at them and they were all mixed in with my sunsongs (alternating zombie, sunsong, zombie, sunsong, zombie). They must have liked the sunsong's shininess.

And as a coincidence, last night I took a screenie of the zombies after I readjusted their positions, so if any of the new people are curious about what the zombies look like: http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q80/atanka/zombie.png. I had forgotten how much I loved them xd.png

Edited for spelling

Edited by DragonLily

Fantastic advice, thank you. I love Niatama no Zombie-chan!

Zombies can be obtained by killing hatchies or adults at Midnight on Halloween (Halloween is basically the only time you can get them, so don't try before).

I plan on killing off some of my inbreds for zombie fodder. I missed Halloween last year, so I hope to try and get a zombie this year. :3

Not new but probably nevr tried properly, I've always tried during the day or night but not on halloween D:

So basically you're saying that it can only me made EXACTLYl at midnight? D:

Not new but probably nevr tried properly, I've always tried during the day or night but not on halloween D:

So basically you're saying that it can only me made EXACTLYl at midnight? D:

No, I think it's at any point on Halloween smile.gif

Another question lol ^^

I saw some posts such as: "1 Revived as Zombie, 2 Stayed Dead, 2 Avoided Blade"

Does this mean that if they avoid the blade it still counts towards a kill, or just that the people presumably only had 5 dragons that they wanted to use as Zombie fodder?

I think that failed attempts at killing do not count, but since I have never tried I cannot be sure.

Edited by purplehaze

No, I think it's at any point on Halloween smile.gif

Another question lol ^^

I saw some posts such as: "1 Revived as Zombie, 2 Stayed Dead, 2 Avoided Blade"

Does this mean that if they avoid the blade it still counts towards a kill, or just that the people presumably only had 5 dragons that they wanted to use as Zombie fodder?

If they avoid the blade, it doesn't count as a kill.

Splits can indeed be Zombified. http://dragcave.net/lineage/0Gkp

So can Pygmies and Draks.

Thanks, I was racking my brains about this issue last week, since I have a drake on 'death row' for zombiefication. (With a code of EYWW, how can I not? wink.gif)

rubyshoes is correct: if a dragon dodges the blade, it does not affect your kill count.

I had 5 dragons to try on last year since I ws unaware they could dodge laugh.gif ; two balloons and three pinks. The two male pinks dodged and have received permanent stays of execution (Demian and Barnes).

The other three died and failed to revive.

Currently, I have seven on 'death row.' Most are wrong breed dragons/hatchlings from a personal breeding project. Then there's EYWW. wink.gif Plus one inbred adult. I'll probably put a few more there between now and then.

I also intend to breed some of the 'inmates' for the lineage potential. wink.gif

Edited by RMMC

Here are my 5 zombie attempts/failures from last Halloween:

Waterhorse - Zombie

Water Walker - Zombie

Alt Black - Killed

Vine - Killed

Water - Killed

Black: failed.

Dusk Glory: failed

Vine: failed.

Summer: failed.

LOL all were frozen hatchlings, I felt squeamish about killing an adult D:

Black- 2 successes

I can't remember what breeds dodged or that were failures.

From last year:

Balloon (male, adult, CB): Success!

Mint (male, frozen hatchie, bred): Success!

Water Walker (female, frozen hatchie, CB): Fail!

I am going to try again this (with all adults) year. I just picked up my first fodder egg this week, and I plan on on picking up a few more. I also plan on breeding them more than I did my one last year (I was a slacker and waited to breed him until the week before halloween >_<)

E.T.A.: About the time when to kill it, it doesn't have to be midnight. Last year I was catching the Harvest eggs at midnight, and then I went on my killing spree (xd.png) at about 1-3 AM EST. But that was only because I couldn't wait any longer ^^

Edited by TTIOT

Just to clarify, you DON'T have to wait until midnight to try to get a zombie, but if apparently your chances are higher?

Last halloween from what I can remember..

I killed a vine adult and two vine hatchies and they both failed.

My only success was a adult stripe.

Last year my frozen frill gendered hatchie and my ungendered black hatchie were successfully turned into zombies. My other three attempts to make an adult zombie failed. One was a balloon and I forget what the other two were.

This year I will concentrate on making an adult zombie. cool.gif

Just to clarify, you DON'T have to wait until midnight to try to get a zombie, but if apparently your chances are higher?

So, here's how my Halloween 2009 unfolded:

I camped out at my computer on Oct 30 starting at ~11:50pm (I'm in TJ's time zone). As soon as the clock hit 12:00am on Oct 31 (Halloween) TJ started dropping the harvest eggs. At this time, I could also start biting with my old Halloween 2008 vampire.

Reports then started coming in that zombies were being successfully created. So I killed 5 dragons total and got 2 zombies out of the lot. People were successfully creating zombies all day on Halloween until Halloween ended and Nov 1 hit.

So, your best chance of getting a zombie is on Halloween.

Hope this helps

-Lei

I think I vaguely remember seeing TJ saying something about no breeds being more easily converted to zombies than others. (Although of course that wouldn't apply to creatures that can't be turned into zombies, like pygmies, splits, and drakes.)

That being said, I don't know about zombifying itself, by it was much easier to kill frozen hatchies in the first place than it was adults. Adults are more likely to dodge the blade.

I think I vaguely remember seeing TJ saying something about no breeds being more easily converted to zombies than others. (Although of course that wouldn't apply to creatures that can't be turned into zombies, like pygmies, splits, and drakes.)

No, all those breeds can be zombified. TPishek already posted a lineage link to a zombie split earlier in the thread.