dark_kitsune

Zombie Success stories

This would be the first year I've actually even considered trying for an Undead, but I actually got one on my third attempt.  I just chose any extra dragons I had that weren't named and used them.  Sucks that I only got one, but it wasn't a total loss!

How long of a wait does it take to get the kill function back?

e7tg8.gif

https://dragcave.net/view/e7tg8

I'm going to be honest that I'm really impressed of all the detail that went into these sprites for the Undead dragons.  There's so many variants and they all look so miserable, but it's still really cool.  Painful, but cool.

Edited by KipsyCakes
Needed to add the actual link

13 really dead, 3 revivals (only kept one adult, APed one hatchling and send one to wilderness) and 6 Zombies, too bad that I got 3 S2 Eastern Two-headeds instead of some other sprites...

https://dragcave.net/lineage/8V0Z7

https://dragcave.net/lineage/y4BxB

https://dragcave.net/lineage/dG7zN

https://dragcave.net/lineage/5xHtI

https://dragcave.net/lineage/jgbkR

https://dragcave.net/lineage/8GWFB

29 minutes ago, KipsyCakes said:

How long of a wait does it take to get the kill function back?

2 weeks.

2/9 Adult

Literally no hatches bar that one early revive. A bit of a waste really, but at least I have a Halloween Zombie Kin now. 

I started out with 5 adults and 9 hatchlings, then killed an additional 5 adults.  As a result of all that, I ended up with 1 adult zombie,  4 hatchie zombies, and 2 revived hatchlings that grew up to become nomal adults.  

In addition, I also lost 4 of my dead adults due to the Lag Monster.  I had never anticipated this so I did my mid-month killing right after midnight so that I would have plenty of time on Halloween to kill and revive my second batch before trying to catch any of the new eggs.  This is my usual way of doing it, and it's always worked out well.  This year, by the time I posted on the forum Halloween page and checked on my garden, (fighting the lag all the way,)  I tried to revive my dead 'uns only to watch them fade away one at a time as I attempted to (more lag) click on them.  I never anticipated anything like this happening but next year I'll be prepared.   I'll let a little more time go by before killing on the 17th so that the tombstones stay on my scroll longer.

Anyway,  I still ended up with 5 Zombies and that makes me very happy!  :D

Just had another pair of hatchlings kick the bucket. One of the two turned, completing my pygmy wyrm hatchling collection (10).

Brings my total zombie hoard to 237

Tried my last five, after an obscene number of dodges. I ran out of the dragons I had set aside for this and had to search through my scroll for suitable options. I was on mobile so I lost count of how many dodged before I could even try, but certainly over 10.

Anyway, 3 disintegrated and two zombified! Including my first two-headed sea serpent!

That makes 8 zombies and 1 revive after 34 attempts total today (10 adults and 24 hatchlings).

3/5 zombies. An eastern, drake, and leviathan.

I could have tried for more today if I had planned better, but won't be able to kill again until after midnight DC time, whoops.

From my batch of Zombie fodder on October 17, I got four disintegrates and one Zombie, a Two-Headed Lindwyrm.

From my batch of Zombie fodder on October 31, I got four disintegrates and one zombie, a Sea Serpent.

I am super excited about both of those! Both of them are brand new breeds (are Zombies breeds? :lol:) to my Zombie collection!

Edited by missy_

No luck at all. Two dodges and one disintegration. I decided to wait again on a pair I've had for years.

1 minute ago, hippocamus said:

Is it possible to create zombies from Cheese or Paper?
Did anyone succeed?

I don't think it's possible anymore, but I do have a paper and a cheese from 2012.

1 hour ago, hippocamus said:

Is it possible to create zombies from Cheese or Paper?
Did anyone succeed?

I tried on Halloween several years ago, I think it was around 35 Cheeses and Papers, and got zero zombies. So I think it's safe to say that sometime between 2012 and now the ability to turn them into zombies was removed.

I always want to try zombifying the Halloween dragons, but I haven't been able to bring myself to yet, as the fail rate is so high. I tried turning some into vampires this year, but had zero luck. Two turned and got kicked to the AP, and the rest died.

Hey, so on the topic of zombies, I'm wondering if anyone is known to be working on "pb" zombie lines with all cbs being zombies? Like this 3G pygmy I'm raising here: https://dragcave.net/lineage/crAWC. I'm actually looking for a mate for her, I think the chance me or my friends are able to pull this out on our own is tiny, so I'm interested in seeing if there's anyone else working on something like this/have similar lines

I've thought of this before, but it would be soooo challenging. It is a very cool idea, though!

So let's see... you'd have to breed the lineage you want, and then kill each ancestor and have it turn zombie. Oof.

But maybe a group project would have more success! I'd be curious to join and see how it turns out!

2021-11-14 Statistics

- Time: Night

- 1/8 Fodders (1 Zombified, 2 Dodged, 0 Revived, 5 Disintegrated)

- x

Past Statistics

Spoiler

- 2021-10-31 (Halloween Day): 8/31 Fodders (8 Zombified, 3 Dodged, 0 Revived, 20 Disintegrated)

- 2021-10-03 (Night): 0/9 Fodders (0 Zombified, 6 Dodged, 1 Revived, 2 Disintegrated)

- 2021-08-31 (31st): 0/5 Fodders (0 Zombified, 0 Dodged, 0 Revived, 5 Disintegrated)

- 2021-07-31 (31st): 1/11 Fodders (1 Zombified, 1 Dodged, 1 Revived, 8 Disintegrated)

- 2021-06-29 (Night): 0/9 Fodders (0 Zombified, 4 Dodged, 0 Revived, 5 Disintegrated)

- 2021-06-15 (Night): 0/7 Fodders (0 Zombified, 2 Dodged, 0 Revived, 5 Disintegrated)

- 2021-05-31 (31st): 3/21 Fodders (3 Zombified, 9 Dodged, 0 Revived, 9 Disintegrated)

- 2021-03-31 (31st): 1/16 Fodders (1 Zombified, 0 Dodged, 3 Revived, 12 Disintegrated)

- 2021-02-22 (Night): 0/7 Fodders (0 Zombified, 0 Dodged, 1 Revived, 6 Disintegrated)

- 2021-02-04 (Night): 0/4 Fodders (0 Zombified, 0 Dodged, 0 Revived, 4 Disintegrated)

- 2021-01-31 (31st): 0/6 Fodders (0 Zombified, 0 Dodged, 0 Revived, 6 Disintegrated)

- 2020-12-28 (Night): 0/4 Fodders (0 Zombified, 0 Dodged, 0 Revived, 4 Disintegrated)

- 2020-12-10 (Night): 1/5 Fodders (1 Zombified, 0 Dodged, 0 Revived, 4 Disintegrated)

- 2020-11-25 (Night): 0/11 Fodders (0 Zombified, 6 Dodged, 0 Revived, 5 Disintegrated)

- 2020-10-31 (Halloween Day): 5/27 Fodders (5 Zombified, 4 Dodged, 1 Revived, 17 Disintegrated)

- 2020-10-25 (Halloween Week): 2/5 Fodders (2 Zombified, 0 Dodged, 0 Revived, 3 Disintegrated)

- 2020-09-17 (Night): 0/10 Fodders (0 Zombified, 5 Dodged, 0 Revived, 5 Disintegrated)

- 2020-08-31 (31st): 3/14 Fodders (3 Zombified, 0 Dodged, 0 Revived, 11 Disintegrated)

- 2020-08-30 (Night): 0/4 Fodders (0 Zombified, 0 Dodged, 0 Revived, 4 Disintegrated)

- 2020-08-15 (Night): 0/6 Fodders (0 Zombified, 1 Dodged, 1 Revived, 4 Disintegrated)

- 2020-08-12 (Night): 0/2 Fodders (0 Zombified, 1 Dodged, 0 Revived, 1 Disintegrated)

- 2020-07-31 (31st): 2/25 Fodders (2 Zombified, 2 Dodged, 0 Revived, 21 Disintegrated)

- 2020-05-31 (31st): 3/22 Fodders (3 Zombified, 0 Dodged, 0 Revived, 19 Disintegrated)

- 2018-08-31 (31st): 0/10 Fodders (0 Zombified, 0 Dodged, 0 Revived, 5 Disintegrated, 5 Disappeared*)

2018-07-31 (31st)1/10 Fodders (1 Zombified, 0 Dodged, 0 Revived, 6 Disintegrated, 3 Disappeared*)

2018-06-30 (Night)1/4 Fodders (1 Zombified, 0 Dodged, 0 Revived, 3 Disintegrated)

* Disappeared from my scroll before I could take action

Edited by Natevaelle

Night is better for zombies, what about general necromancy? Do you people know, are the chances of getting a non-desintegrated hatchie of any sort from a tombstone greater at daytime or nighttime? I don't care about the "zombie" part, just want the hatchies alive... or, failing that, undead.

12 hours ago, Snowwall said:

Night is better for zombies, what about general necromancy? Do you people know, are the chances of getting a non-desintegrated hatchie of any sort from a tombstone greater at daytime or nighttime? I don't care about the "zombie" part, just want the hatchies alive... or, failing that, undead.

There are only two outcomes.  The only reason anyone allows a hatchie to die is to hopefully get a zombie.  The hatchie will either come back as a zombie, or disintegrate. That's it.  If you just want the hatchie alive, then I'd suggest not going in for zombies as the success rate is low.

1 hour ago, Quinney said:

The only reason anyone allows a hatchie to die is to hopefully get a zombie.

No, unfortunately, there is another reason - being a doofus who's forgotten that AP-found hatchie is not necessarily up on a hatchery. Ones who come from my eggs are always up on a hatchery by hatchling-time - else they're eggshells - so I didn't think that anything with a tail might need extra looking after besides a cave-space to sleep.

There are only two outcomes. .......The hatchie will either come back as a zombie, or disintegrate. That's it. 

Seeing Natevaelle up above with "Zombified, Revived, Disintegrated" options, I think there are three outcomes, no? ;)

If you just want the hatchie alive, then I'd suggest not going in for zombies as the success rate is low.

Zombies, Neglected... after looking up Earthquake chances, I think even green variants of that multi-variant new dragons... are out of my league - precisely because I don't like the success rate.

But, since I already have 6[/i] 5 revive-able tombstones (because, see above, accident, not "going for it"), them being dead is a fact and revival is my last best hope for them. Hence, I want to know if night-time or day-time is better - not for zombie purposes, for any non-desintegration purposes.

I.e., I'm not a budding Zombie-raiser. I just have nobody else to ask revival questions besides the resident necromancers (and TJ, who, like a magician, will never tell).

Is day's time more likely to resurrect than to zombify - or is it more likely the spell will fail altogether, leaving a pile of dust, and I should go for night-time?

Statistically speaking, of course, I know my sample size is tiny, but I want the best possible chances.

1 hour ago, Snowwall said:

Seeing Natevaelle up above with "Zombified, Revived, Disintegrated" options, I think there are three outcomes, no? ;)

My apologies, there is another option. If it revives and survives it only takes seconds to become an adult, so you'll still not get a hatchie.  If that's okay for you, then fine but you were talking about hatchies.  I suppose you could immediately try to freeze it but I don't think you'd have time.