dark_kitsune

Zombie Success stories

On 3/31/2020 at 5:07 AM, Caileh said:

But I did get another S2 Wingless (is it just me or is it impossible to get them to stay at S1??), this lil cutie:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/gUqZY 😍🥰

Congrats on all the zombies! Nice haul.

I've done a lot of experimenting about this, and you can consistently get them to stay at S1 if you wait until the eggs are at 3 days 20 hours, at the earliest, before putting them in the ER to hatch them. No Incubating, because Incubated eggs take more views to hatch. And then fog it as soon as it hatches. (The lower-time the egg is, the more leeway you have, but you really want to fog it immediately so it gains no more views than what it required to hatch.) I'd say that the timing is more important than the specific number of views, because it's easier to control when you hatch an egg than how many views it gets, but if you want to get an idea of what ranges of views/unique views/clicks are acceptable (or if you just want to see for yourself that I know what I'm talking about), then you can find my zombie group here. All of the stage 1 hatchies were killed via fogging.

I got a S1 two-headed Western today - another set complete - yay!

So thankful I could get here today after yesterday's downtime, I couldn't get the cave to load at all and got very worried!

Posted (edited)

On 4/2/2020 at 10:26 AM, VixenDra said:

2/6 (1 revival to release) - I finished westerns and draks

+16(!) unique(!) dodges, what the hell? 🤯

0/6(1 revival to release)
I had over 20 dodges today... this...is...riddiculusly-stupid... unbalanced

(I'm late to report but it was the better turn chance timeframe)

Edited by VixenDra

5 Adults disintegrated on 17th, not many dodges.

All hatchies disintegrated since last post.

Today is again no success story, but a fail story:

6 adult dragons killed, one revived, 5 disintegrated :(

Two weeks ago: 0/6 all disintegrations.

Today: 0/5 1 revival, 4 disintegrations. 

-sigh-

Posted (edited)

I got a baby Mimic zombie today! Just need the adult for that set now.

ETA: Sunday morning and I have another hatchie to complete a full set! Now my long slog turns to completing my pygmies and two-headed sets...I may be a while...!

Edited by quinney

On 4/3/2020 at 9:17 AM, songwithnosoul said:

Congrats on all the zombies! Nice haul.

I've done a lot of experimenting about this, and you can consistently get them to stay at S1 if you wait until the eggs are at 3 days 20 hours, at the earliest, before putting them in the ER to hatch them. No Incubating, because Incubated eggs take more views to hatch. And then fog it as soon as it hatches. (The lower-time the egg is, the more leeway you have, but you really want to fog it immediately so it gains no more views than what it required to hatch.) I'd say that the timing is more important than the specific number of views, because it's easier to control when you hatch an egg than how many views it gets, but if you want to get an idea of what ranges of views/unique views/clicks are acceptable (or if you just want to see for yourself that I know what I'm talking about), then you can find my zombie group here. All of the stage 1 hatchies were killed via fogging.

Thank you for the answer! (even though it took long time before I saw it) I really appreciate it and I will try doing it that way with the May babies :)

3 minutes ago, Caileh said:

Thank you for the answer! (even though it took long time before I saw it) I really appreciate it and I will try doing it that way with the May babies :)

Good luck!

Posted (edited)

To get my stage 1 hatchies, I do incubate but I've found that they have to be under 3 days. It worked well for me because I got many messy ones from the AP that were 4 days something. Practically Instant incubate, instant hatch, instant hide.  And I've gone through a lot of hatchies!  Now I'm down to two-headed and pygmies, I'll probably end up breeding my own but my strategy will remain the same.  It just kills me not to incubate!!

ETA: Got a mimic adult today after loads of avoids - another full set!

Edited by quinney

On 5/6/2020 at 8:03 AM, quinney said:

To get my stage 1 hatchies, I do incubate but I've found that they have to be under 3 days. It worked well for me because I got many messy ones from the AP that were 4 days something. Practically Instant incubate, instant hatch, instant hide.  And I've gone through a lot of hatchies!  Now I'm down to two-headed and pygmies, I'll probably end up breeding my own but my strategy will remain the same.  It just kills me not to incubate!!

To clarify, you wait until the egg is under 4 days before Incubating it, thus bringing its time to below 3 days?

5 hours ago, songwithnosoul said:

To clarify, you wait until the egg is under 4 days before Incubating it, thus bringing its time to below 3 days?

I incubate an egg as soon as it is on my scroll, no matter the age. If I get an AP one that's say 4 days 10 hours, I'll incubate it so it's 3 days 10 hours, then I'll hide it until it's around 2 days 18 hours then put it in the ER sites. Usually they hatch quite quickly but you do get some stubborn ones.  Hide immediately after hatching. Too many views will result in it becoming a stage 2.

Sorry my above post sounds a bit jumbled, I hope this makes more sense.

On 5/9/2020 at 4:11 AM, quinney said:

I incubate an egg as soon as it is on my scroll, no matter the age. If I get an AP one that's say 4 days 10 hours, I'll incubate it so it's 3 days 10 hours, then I'll hide it until it's around 2 days 18 hours then put it in the ER sites. Usually they hatch quite quickly but you do get some stubborn ones.  Hide immediately after hatching. Too many views will result in it becoming a stage 2.

Sorry my above post sounds a bit jumbled, I hope this makes more sense.

Just wanted to clarify! It sounds similar to my method, except that I don't Incubate. It's good to know.

On 4/18/2020 at 4:52 PM, VixenDra said:

I had over 20 dodges today... this...is...riddiculusly-stupid... unbalanced

(I'm late to report but it was the better turn chance timeframe)

Dodges are too many...

0/12 since the last success day

That's a brilliant lineage, Astreya!

Four tries, four disintegrates this morning. I'll have one to try for tomorrow morning but not holding my breath!

@quinney

The only drawback is that so far I never managed to complete a proper checker. E.g. Electrea LaZombie original had 5 identical kids, but all 4 siblings of Electro deZombie disintegrated, thus I never dared to try an Zombify him, too. Plus numerous other Electric Zombie  Sacrifices of which I bred several offspring each, all disintegrated, too, thus all bred dragons were useless and had to be released. *sighs*

I love this kid, too: https://dragcave.net/lineage/rUFyc. Unfortunately the 4G which I got thankfully gifted (this here https://dragcave.net/lineage/QTe78) has one little flaw - one of the CBs is a wingless Zombie and not a Western Zombie, so it isn't a true pure bred. Unfortunately it only became apparent when the Zombie sprites diversified.

@Astreya

They're all lovely.  All I could ever think to do was grab messy lineaged ones from the AP! Getting down to the last few now so most of my fodder are 2nd gens I've bred.

Posted (edited)

@quinney

Pro-tip - grab incuhatchable CBs from the AP!  I always choose dragons that are as common as possible as then it is not so bad if they disintegrate. It's just sensible to choose the proper breed so that the Zombie breed doesn't give it away - this, for example was a White that got zombified: https://dragcave.net/lineage/HFTag

Or here I killed an Avea (the names of my Zombies ruin the illusion a bit, but what the heck XD )

https://dragcave.net/lineage/NQCpB

Edited by Astreya

Posted (edited)

@Astreya

Haha, I've done all that, thanks. I'm on a mission to collect all the sets as they are in the encyclopaedia and I'm not going to embarrass myself by saying just how many hatchies have died (and will die) in the process.  I need four full sets of certain pygmies now, along with a couple of s1 two-headed and a s2 blancblack.  Oh, and an adult blancblack.

Had a disintegrate this morning, but I'll have a nice few ready to try next weekend.

ETA: Had 14 hatchies ready this morning. 14 disintegrates.

Edited by quinney

I've had another six hatchies disintegrate over the last couple of days. That's 20 altogether, not one turn, not one revive.

I'm out of them now, with concentrating on the new release. I'll look in the AP for any that are super-low time when I'm ready for my next new egg batch in the near future but I'm not holding my breath.