dark_kitsune

Zombie Success stories

Killed another 4 tonight and got 2/4 turns! Yay. I didn't have a two-headed sea serpent yet.

Edited by Kiyoura

9 hours ago, Kiwiana said:

I really don't get how we can make undead S1s - even my very last hatchlings that just died last night, made it to S2. I fogged them right after they hatched and each and every turned S2. How am I supposed to ever get all of the S1 Zombies??

This year I didn't go for Zombie hatchies, but if you look at the top group of S1 hatchies here, you can see that they need to have very few views and particularly umique views, too: https://dragcave.net/group/10160 (the ones here were all created just by fogging quite them a while ago).

Two adults and two hatchling zombies for me this time. Not as successful at last year's Halloween but I've no complaints; so far I've gotten three out-of-season zombies in 2019, which is better than zero in '18 and '17. 

I got another four hatchlings and finally one adult. So in total 6/24 hatchlings and 1/11 adults. Which means I had 20% success if put together. Well, it's better than at any other time of the year!

Thanks for all the tipps about S1 Zombies hatchies! :D I knew they needed very low views and stuff and even have two myself (but did not remember how I managed to get them lol), I even fogged a lot right when they hatched, but perhaps I ER-d them too early, usually do that at 4d 1h if possible. I'll practise over the year till next Halloween! xD

A bit late to the party, but to add my Halloween results:

1/4 hatchlings

1/4 adults, one of the adults revived.

It's a worse rate than last year, when I had about a 1/3 success rate, but I didn't have much fodder prepared anyway.

1/2 :o (summed up with Halloween it's 4/12)

It makes my hatchling goal all done until next subtype:o

Edited by VixenDra

Late but I wanted to post my Halloween results.

My very first time ever trying for zombies and super last minute and I'm thrilled to say that I was successful my second attempt in!

3/5 zombies were made

Though they all ended up being Red-Tailed Wyrm Pygmies. I was hoping one of the blancblacks would turn but nope T^T

I had one revival...which I was dumb and forgot about the one-time revival only so I killed it again OTL

But yeah still wonderfully surprised I even had a single successful for my very first tries ^^

Edited by Mochi

I only had 5 attempts, 1/5 success and 4/5 disintegrate. At least it gave me one more second gen with a zombie parent - I think that's what I care about more than the zombies themselves 😅

Prepared 6 dead Western hatchlings, revived them now, 1/6 turned. So I've got a new stage 1 Western zombie hatchling. Not too bad, methinks.

I dodge, 4 disintegrated.

Does anyone think it makes a difference if you do it all in one move (like, kill and instantly try to revive) or do you find it's better to prepare ahead and then revive ?

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I dodge, 4 disintegrated.

Does anyone think it makes a difference if you do it all in one move (like, kill and instantly try to revive) or do you find it's better to prepare ahead and then revive ?

In my experience, it's purely the luck of the moment.

Well - no luck today. But I did get a decent haul on Hallowe'en for once.

I've got three batches of 8 hatchies, first lot ready Sunday morning.  Hoping for a few stage 1's, I left the eggs late to hatch them so fingers crossed!

ETA: 0/8 hatchies, 0/5 adults. 😭

Edited by quinney