dark_kitsune

Zombie Success stories

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Still a sorry percentage. :( We really need a boost in success rates.

I have had 520 attempts since starting my experiment spreadsheet, with quite a few more before that. I have made 49 zombies in my DC career (one was a double that I expunged haha ;-;)

49/520+ is a 9% overall turn rate... it IS pretty sad, especially knowing that all the fails I didn't record makes it even lower.

*digs up old ND spreadsheet* Neglected was 8/68... that's 8.8%... you know my original argument was that NDs were easier but obviously not haha. (I was an unlucky NDer though...)

After the frustration of last month I feel like I got really lucky this time around. I didn't have nearly as much fodder as last month, only 16 hatchies. And of course 10 adults, where I found it really easy to kill the first batch but almost ran out of fodder with the second because of all the dodges (admittedly, I was by then going for the last two adult sprites I'm still missing so I didn't have that much fodder for that either). Also wasn't successful with that second batch.

BUT I actually got FIVE zombies, 1 adult and 4 hatchies (plus two hatchie revivals)!!!

adult Western Pygmy (Finally, finally progress on the adult Pygmy front.*knockonwood*)

wingless s2 hatchie (Didn't even have to add that to the spreadsheet because we are that late to the party...)

s1 Eastern Pygmy

s1 Two-Head Leviathan

s1 Two-Head Leviathan (This one is obviously a double which I originally never intended to have and keep but I think I'll make an exception for this one...)

With that I'm down to an adult Lindwyrm and Wyvern Pygmy so I definitely need to stock up on those for fodder... Also good progress with the hatchies where I'm very happy that the sprites I still need are mostly going to be easier to catch in cave at least... 

If only we knew if it is still possible to get those ungendered Zombies my happiness would be absolute... ^_^

I got nothing this time, no zombies, no successful revives, nothing.  Everything disintigrated!

(That's 0/5 adult kills & 0/5 hatchling revive-fails)

I haven´t had any success with Zombies in a long time, but how do you manage to get S1 hatchlings through fogging (those are the only ones I still need)? mine always gender while they are fogged =/

@tjenni Wait until the egg is seriously ER, like 1-2 days left until death or less, then put it in every hatchery in existence so it hatches super-fast, then take it out again immediately & fog.  As long as the hatchie is under 200-300 unique views, it doesn't seem to gender before death by fog.  All 6 of my little ungendered zombie babies are in that zone with views, anyway, so I hope that helps.

19 hours ago, tjenni said:

I haven´t had any success with Zombies in a long time, but how do you manage to get S1 hatchlings through fogging (those are the only ones I still need)? mine always gender while they are fogged =/

18 hours ago, Sunrunner said:

@tjenni Wait until the egg is seriously ER, like 1-2 days left until death or less, then put it in every hatchery in existence so it hatches super-fast, then take it out again immediately & fog.  As long as the hatchie is under 200-300 unique views, it doesn't seem to gender before death by fog.  All 6 of my little ungendered zombie babies are in that zone with views, anyway, so I hope that helps.

Personally, I find that that you only need to wait until eggs get to around 3 days, 20 hours or less (WITHOUT using Incubate, mind you) before ERing them if you want them to get too few views to gender. I've done a lot of experimenting about this, and 3 days, 20 hours works well so long as you fog immediately after hatching. The lower-time the egg is, the more room you have for error, obviously. Also this timing might not work with eggs that need an extreme amount of views, like Zyumorphs or prizes; haven't tried.

Here are some S1 zombies I made this way, so you can see the sort of view ranges that work:

2385/169/1

1272/150/1

1118/301/2

1979/230/2

1936/224/2

On 1/31/2019 at 11:20 AM, VixenDra said:

0/6 (1 of them was revived, had to release:<)

(0/8 total)

0/4

(0/12 total)

I keep my S1 timeout fodders below 200 UV and that always works. They do need to be ER to hatch with so few (because the less time left the less views required to hatch).

It also helps to refresh your own scroll from the visit link because regular views help them hatch and they don't always get enough regular views when close to 200 UVs. Fog as soon as you can when they hatch and you're done.

Edited by VixenDra

I tried to get two Valentine Zombie kids, but both designated Zombie Moms decided to die a final death and disintegrate :(

Apologies to the people who pick up the orphaned Heartseeker and Radiant Angel eggs.

I managed a two-headed Lyndwurm this morning but after a load of avoids, the Xeno still eludes me.  Think my scroll is destined never to have one..

On 2/23/2019 at 10:32 PM, Mangrit said:

1/3 tonight! I only have one zombie left to get!

Today I got an S2 Xeno hatchling https://dragcave.net/lineage/dOJM2

Wow, I absolutely love how you've sorted your zombie group. I hope someday mine looks like that

5/5 disintegrates tonight. I forgot I killed a bunch a few days ago in the afternoon. I remember I got tons of dodges, not sure how many though.

If a dragon dodges, it won't dodge forever will it?

6 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

If a dragon dodges, it won't dodge forever will it?

No, but it can take ages before they hold still :P.  I can never tell which will dodge & which won't.  But I've never had one I haven't been able to stab eventually.

I hate those odds, still no Zombies, I had 5 time-outs, 1 killed Adult and 7 killed S1 hatchlings, and what did I get? 3 frozen S1 Hatchling revivals *growl* At least I didn´t need to release them, since I could change them with 3 other hatchlings from  my S1 collection...

0/9 this month, no surprise there. Forgot about vamp bites so I had 2 less kill slots but it wouldn't have mattered. I went all of last year without getting a zombie outside of Halloween, this year will likely be the same.

Particularly disappointing this month since VDay was a good opportunity to stock up on eastern hatchling fodder (Heartstealings). Might just say screw it to waiting for the end of the month and start rezzing every chance I get. Playing safe hasn't worked for over a year and the tedium of failure is making me lose interest.

Technically four kills with three disintegrations, and one successful revival, then four misses. I only had 3 kill slots this go around.

How long does a dead hatchling typically take up scroll space before disappearing? I read on the wiki that it's 24 hours, but I've got one that's been there for a week now...

They take up a slot for 24 hours, but won’t go away immediately, the tombstone will stay for a bit more.

36 minutes ago, DisabledLlama said:

How long does a dead hatchling typically take up scroll space before disappearing? I read on the wiki that it's 24 hours, but I've got one that's been there for a week now...

If you kill a growing creature, it will take up scroll space for 24 hours.

If you kill a frozen or adult, it won't.

Either way, it'll stay visible for 2 weeks. That's 14 times 24 hours down to the last second. At that point, you will also get your kill slot back.