dark_kitsune

Zombie Success stories

9 hours ago, MiaLily said:

Quick question at the end: I know that after a successful revival you can never kill and revive an adult again. How does it work with a hatchie that dies, is revived and grows up? Is it possible for those to die and be revived twice, once as a hatchie and then again as an adult? Probably not, I assume? Has anyone tried it?

I'm fairly sure that you can't reuse a fodder just because it grew up. I feel bad for all the revived hatchlings I've thrown to the AP because I worry that someone will try and zombie without knowing its past (although the weird dates on the dragon should be telling). I don't think I've tried it and I'm not sure if I've ever seen concrete evidence (I might've and was only left with an impression instead of a good memory haha) but I reaaally doubt it'd reset.

Your zombie goals sound really interesting! I want to see all your zombies, haha. To go for ungendered zombies as well is really brave! I can hardly cope with having to catch CB baikala fodder.

6 hours ago, Mangrit said:

I'm fairly sure that you can't reuse a fodder just because it grew up. I feel bad for all the revived hatchlings I've thrown to the AP because I worry that someone will try and zombie without knowing its past (although the weird dates on the dragon should be telling). I don't think I've tried it and I'm not sure if I've ever seen concrete evidence (I might've and was only left with an impression instead of a good memory haha) but I reaaally doubt it'd reset.

I personally try to freeze revived hatchies and keep them but the s2 usually have enough views to instantly grow up and so far I released the adults because I don't want to take chances and try and zombiefy those when I'm not paying attention. But now the dragon in question is a Paper and I'm tempted to keep it. :dry: I think I will anyway. Maybe one day the kill limit will be raised and one wasted space won't hurt that much... :dry:

Your zombie goals sound really interesting! I want to see all your zombies, haha. To go for ungendered zombies as well is really brave! I can hardly cope with having to catch CB baikala fodder.

I don't think they are that interesting. XD Or rather, it is that I feel inadequate every time @Nectaris posts about completing a set of ten, because I just want the bare minimum as in one per sprite and gender...

To go for ungendered zombies as well is really brave! I can hardly cope with having to catch CB baikala fodder.

Actually, I only wanted to try for the ungendered come Halloween because of the higher chances but then I caught some in the beginning of December and thought why not. And I apologize if that upsets people because of the rarity. I agree about the Baikala, they are among the more difficult to get. Plus we are making it extra hard on our ourselves by going for CB. XD

wow, I got 2 successes very unexpectedly - had to enrage Aegis and thought to combine it with Zombie tries. Date and cave time was nothing zombie-helpful, so I did not at all expect any success, also I never had a success other than on Halloween o.O

one was a red dragon that had dodged on Halloween, the other a 'freshly' killed two-headed Lindwurm, both Zombie outcomes that I didn't have yet ❤️

https://dragcave.net/view/qOIjT

https://dragcave.net/view/Sg78g

Wasn't there someone who tried with a ton on unbreedables on last Halloween and got no successes? Or have I mixed up unlucky tales?

1 success (baikala!), 9 disintegrated. Dec 31.

Edited by Shadowdrake

36 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Wasn't there someone who tried with a ton on unbreedables on last Halloween and got no successes? Or have I mixed up unlucky tales?

Yep, that was me. Halloween 2017. 35 Cheeses and Papers, zero zombies. I think they might be glitched, to be honest. According to my statistics, I made a further 45 attempts to create Paper and Cheese zombies in 2017, all on the 31st of months other than October, with zero successes there either. 80 total Papers and Cheeses, all either on the 31st or Halloween. Zero zombies. After that Halloween I stopped even trying to zombify them and, mysteriously, 2018 was a much more productive year zombie-wise. Thanks for bringing it up. So yeah @MiaLily, that's something to keep in mind... there might actually be a glitch preventing Papers and Cheeses from becoming zombies right now. (Also, I hope this makes you feel better about sacrificing a few unbreedables as zombie fodder. As you can see, I have killed far more than a few and am totally shameless.)

Edited by songwithnosoul

9 hours ago, songwithnosoul said:

Yep, that was me. Halloween 2017. 35 Cheeses and Papers, zero zombies. I think they might be glitched, to be honest. According to my statistics, I made a further 45 attempts to create Paper and Cheese zombies in 2017, all on the 31st of months other than October, with zero successes there either. 80 total Papers and Cheeses, all either on the 31st or Halloween. Zero zombies. After that Halloween I stopped even trying to zombify them and, mysteriously, 2018 was a much more productive year zombie-wise. Thanks for bringing it up. So yeah @MiaLily, that's something to keep in mind... there might actually be a glitch preventing Papers and Cheeses from becoming zombies right now. (Also, I hope this makes you feel better about sacrificing a few unbreedables as zombie fodder. As you can see, I have killed far more than a few and am totally shameless.)

Oh gosh, that sounds awful. I'm so sorry! And here I was thinking around 20 adults should give me enough options for all the dodges I was expecting but then I probably need to worry more about the hatchies as well... Has TJ been asked about this? I mean, that is terrible for the supposed best day of Zombie making and in general, too. But it used to be possible to get ungendered Zombies. I actually checked recently because I wasn't sure if that was a thing or just wishful thinking on my part but there was an ungendered Lindwyrm hatchie edit: ungendered adult (but from way, way back) on the spreadsheet.

Edited by MiaLily

Well, yes, ungendered regular hatchies are perfectly normal, but maybe TJ purposely removed the ability to make paper or cheese zombies with the update. Checking the encyclopedia, they now are both enchanted constructs and not dragons. This is not the first time TJ has removed a feature without saying anything while leaving old versions grandfathered in (old gendered papers for example).

A bit late to the party but out of 11 attempts on the 31st none were successful (one revival).

Also, just read about the Papers and Cheeses, that's terrible =/

On 1/2/2019 at 9:28 PM, Shadowdrake said:

Well, yes, ungendered regular hatchies are perfectly normal, but maybe TJ purposely removed the ability to make paper or cheese zombies with the update. Checking the encyclopedia, they now are both enchanted constructs and not dragons. This is not the first time TJ has removed a feature without saying anything while leaving old versions grandfathered in (old gendered papers for example).

(bold) I really hate him when he does that:/ This is the worst way to handle things! sure, he avoids forum drama outbreak (see the well deserved Sweetling drama) but this is highly disrespectful towards the community that keeps your work alive and thriving... ESPECIALLY in a situation like this, when people sacrifice a difficult to obtain thing without being aware it's bound to be for nothing without exxceptions!

Ofc any case when some players end up with site exclusives just because they happened to be in the right place and time is unfair but that's another story.

------

0/2

Edited by VixenDra

um... I never wanted zombies... I just tried once and it turned... and today I realised a hatchling died on me, so I revived it, hoping to grow it up, expecting disintegration... it turned. Is it like the less you try or have, the easier it is to get one? I wish all of you hard-trying people with goals has my incredible luck instead, or that I could give my undead to you instead, I don't need it... 

I don't even know what it is: https://dragcave.net/lineage/H9hHx

Edited by Meh

17 hours ago, Meh said:

um... I never wanted zombies... I just tried once and it turned... and today I realised a hatchling died on me, so I revived it, hoping to grow it up, expecting disintegration... it turned. Is it like the less you try or have, the easier it is to get one? I wish all of you hard-trying people with goals has my incredible luck instead, or that I could give my undead to you instead, I don't need it... 

I don't even know what it is: https://dragcave.net/lineage/H9hHx

Congrats! I've always suspected that the turn rate climbs if you haven't had a zombie in a while, this is a pretty universal experience. My first regular 31st I got like 4/10 zombies or something stupid like that, I've never been able to recreate it. Unfortunately there's no way to work around this as a frequent zombier u_u

Edit: It's, well, an S1 Two Headed

Edited by Mangrit

Had 6 fails tonight, won't try again until the 31st.

Fails since last success: 19

Days since last success: 21

5/5 disintegrates for me. We NEED the chances raised, now that there are so many spites..

1/5 for me, with about 10~ dodges besides that; got her out of it though; https://dragcave.net/lineage/mCWe

.... Can someone remind me - I'm sure its here somewhere, but I can't remember anything anymore - can dragons that dodge a kill ('You pull out your blade and try to stab [NAME], but it avoids your attack') be killed if you try enough times or are they off the docket, so to speak?

9 minutes ago, Gloometh said:

1/5 for me, with about 10~ dodges besides that; got her out of it though; https://dragcave.net/lineage/mCWe

.... Can someone remind me - I'm sure its here somewhere, but I can't remember anything anymore - can dragons that dodge a kill ('You pull out your blade and try to stab [NAME], but it avoids your attack') be killed if you try enough times or are they off the docket, so to speak?

They dodge continuously for maybe an entire day still? But not longer than a day, it resets after that and you can eventually kill them. I had a dragon that just won't die every zombying season for like months on end but I managed to kill it in the end. Congrats btw.

On 1/7/2019 at 11:10 AM, VixenDra said:

0/2

0/6 (1 of them was revived, had to release:<)

(0/8 total)

36 minutes ago, Mangrit said:

They dodge continuously for maybe an entire day still? But not longer than a day, it resets after that and you can eventually kill them. I had a dragon that just won't die every zombying season for like months on end but I managed to kill it in the end. Congrats btw.

This certainly doesn't look like resetting to me, because the same dragons keep dodging me multiple times in a row (I always kill from top to bottom per fodder type). It looks more like certain individuals have much bigger dodge chance than others, or that the more a dragon dodged the more likely it is to dodge again or sth along those lines, looks like one of the two. 

Edited by VixenDra

0/1 and then i was sure what i wanted to kill also and they all dodged.

11 hours ago, Mangrit said:

Ahhh thanks, I thought it might be something like that but I cold not recall. Ive been playing this game too long, I can't remember what's changed and what's not haha.

2 new Zombies, 17 disintegrates, which at least gives me a success rate of ~10% today.

Got my first Wingless and Sea Serpent adults. :D

https://dragcave.net/lineage/Blz04

https://dragcave.net/lineage/R4nNO