tyto_alba

What is/are your favorite book(s)?

1. Robert Louis Stevenson - Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde

2. Most Oscar Wilde's short stories.

3. All Discworld books that I've read, some are better than others but no way I can pick a favourite from those. tongue.gif

The Taltos books by Steven Brust and The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski both have a special spot on my shelf smile.gif

The Harry Potter books were my first love. They still are special to me because they were the books of my school days, all the way to the first year of high-school. Can't say I love them as much as I did back then, though.

My favorite atm has to be Daphne du Maurier's "Rebecca".

I also liked "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Bronte.

And for a while now I've been reading Agatha Christie books. Love her murder mysteries.

It did get much better. The characters got much more rounded. And the mysteries themselves are wonderful. I love mystery and suspense and the series has both.

I also like reading between the lines and finding out what movies & TV shows she's been watching. (Supernatural seems to be the current favorite.)

For me it was the exact opposite for the Anita Blake series. I really liked it to start with. The main character and even the secondary characters grabbed me and kept me riveted to the story, but after the 4th or 5th book I stopped liking it and Anita's character, and the fun secondary characters were dropped in favor of ones I didn't care much for, so I eventually dropped reading the whole series.

My biggest problem was all the sex and how much it bogged down the pace of the story. Plus the whole vanishing story plots.

Sadly the In Death series has been put on hold again. I really do want to read it but I'm still trying to finish Jim Butcher's Codex Alera series, I'm on the last book so I'm close. But Janet Evanovich's new book Wicked Appetite is in at the library. Also Catching Fire came in so I'm going to read those 2 before I read Glory in Death. But I am glad to hear that they get much better. I think what mainly bothered me was that they met and were instantly in love with each other. :/

Sadly the In Death series has been put on hold again. I really do want to read it but I'm still trying to finish Jim Butcher's Codex Alera series, I'm on the last book so I'm close. But Janet Evanovich's new book Wicked Appetite is in at the library. Also Catching Fire came in so I'm going to read those 2 before I read Glory in Death. But I am glad to hear that they get much better. I think what mainly bothered me was that they met and were instantly in love with each other. :/

Ah, but the path of love is never smooth with those two. xd.png

There is a constant give and take as they slowly learn not only how to compromise in their private lives (something neither had to do before and neither does graciously), but to take the other into account in decisions.

Like most couples, they get it wrong now and again. Spectacularly wrong. wink.gif

The plots run from retooling of classic movies (ala Remington Steele) with a twist to very good police procedurals.

The perps also run the gamut from sympathetic, to pathetic to downright scary.

And for added fun...pay attention to names of peripheral characters, especially after the first half dozen. You should be able to figure out what TV shows and movies she's been watching from it. smile.gif

(sorry if I'm randomly jumping in... But...)

I really want to read the hunger games. smile.gif They are so awesome sounding.

Though, I think one of my favorites is deffinatly Evermore. It's really good. I have the fourth book in the series (dark flame) here at home. I finally got t from the library! xd.png

I love this other book... Like alot.png... Which is Rangers Apprentice. It's so awesome.

As you can see, I'm the action/adventure fantasy type reader. But I read all the time, so therefore I have like 100+ series that I love. happy.gifhappy.gif

Pendragon by DJ MacHale

Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan

Keys of the Kingdom by Garth Nix

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

Percy Jackson and The Olympians by Rick Riordan

OMG I love that series! biggrin.gifAlthough I keep procrastinating about reading the next books. It's been months since the last Artemis Fowl book I read.

Edited by Stunningfire

OMG I love that series! biggrin.gifAlthough I keep procrastinating about reading the next books. It's been months since the last Artemis Fowl book I read.

If your talking bout The Atlantis Complex....I don't really like how the witty Artemis is gone for almost the whole book. :\ But Orion is funny. xd.png

I'm not talking about the Atlantic Complex...I'm talking about how I'm procrastinating reading the rest of the series. X3

I'm not talking about the Atlantic Complex...I'm talking about how I'm procrastinating reading the rest of the series. X3

What book are you on? xd.png

Warriors ftw! smile.gif I read only the first 2 books (Into the Wild and Fire and Ice) because the rest aren't in my language yet, but they're awesome biggrin.gif

Has anyone read Chronicles of Ancient Darkness?

4. Warriors

and more... biggrin.gif

Yay for Warriors. :3

Though I really only like the original and The New Prophecy.

After The New Prophecy, I kinda thought the series started to

go down hill, what with cats with there own prophecies, and special powers.

And the names started to get more outrageous.

Like Sneezekit/paw, and Beetlekit/paw.

--end mini rant--

Edited by tyto_alba

tyto, I totally agree with you. The Original series were the best, but the cats with powers is way over the top. dry.gif

Although I wouldn't say Artemis Fowl was the best series ever, it is very good. And the plot is not predictable, which is more than I can say for many series.