6TheTheif

Halo

Yeah, ODST is my favourite. Bear in mind, though, that I haven't started Reach's campaign yet. My brother is playing it all hours of the day.

...I think I've said most of this already.

War Pig Killer- I enjoyed the cracked glass effect, too. I watched that bit when my brother finished the game.

What did you guys think of Halo Wars? I thought the visuals were gorgeous, but I'm not that great with strategy games. xd.png

Edited by Thorn

Actually my cousin got me started on this game series now that I'm thinking of it. She let me play it on hers and the sad thing is when I got Halo 1 & 2 I had 2 finished before 1 >_<

Yeah, ODST is my favourite. Bear in mind, though, that I haven't started Reach's campaign yet. My brother is playing it all hours of the day.

...I think I've said most of this already.

War Pig Killer- I enjoyed the cracked glass effect, too. I watched that bit when my brother finished the game.

What did you guys think of Halo Wars? I thought the visuals were gorgeous, but I'm not that great with strategy games. xd.png

I LOVED Halo Wars, but I feel like I'm an outlier. It's tons of fun, though the strategy doesn't have as much depth as an RTS should. It's fantastic for being on the console, though. It's drastically underrated.

I liked it. Although it made me notice how much Truth's ears look like those of a rabbit, which made me laugh, and has since led to me and my brother calling him "Bunny rabbit guy".

But I still haven't gotten past the level... "Dome of Light", I think it is. Gargh!

But don't worry. You're not an outlier.

My brother enjoyed it, and I did too, even though I suck at strategy games.

I liked it. Although it made me notice how much Truth's ears look like those of a rabbit, which made me laugh, and has since led to me and my brother calling him "Bunny rabbit guy".

But I still haven't gotten past the level... "Dome of Light", I think it is. Gargh!

I got by dome of light. I just built a defense, waited until I was rich with supplies and then spammed anti-air vehicles, the eh....... can't remember the name, but anyway, I just brought them with my Rhino tanks, to each location and some anti-vehicle vehicles for figthing off the locust. Finished the level and got a nice acheivment and the skull!

Also, isn't that proffet in Halo Wars Regret?

Edited by 6TheTheif

What difficulty? I could do another runthrough again and come up with something.

So, I'll admit it. I've been avoiding this thread.

I wanted to finish Reach's campaign without any spoilers.

Spoilers ahead...

It was EPIC. I greatly dislike the female armor variations, but I loved the plot. And the shout outs to the fans. It was kind of sad at the end, overall the campaign was sad. The dead spartan team on the last mission was kind of creepy. Since I know the story, I know that the master chief was the last spartan, but still, killing all the members, almost all the members of Noble team.

Overall, good game. I'd strongly recommend it, now I get to go play with forge world...and do the campaign on legendary.

War Pig Killer- Thanks, but it's only on normal. ^^

I haven't played it for a while. I'm sure I'll be alright, once I get back to it. =)

The Theif- Maybe. I'm not sure. I thought it was Regret, but my brother said it was Truth.

So, I'll admit it. I've been avoiding this thread.

I wanted to finish Reach's campaign without any spoilers.

Spoilers ahead...

It was EPIC. I greatly dislike the female armor variations, but I loved the plot. And the shout outs to the fans. It was kind of sad at the end, overall the campaign was sad. The dead spartan team on the last mission was kind of creepy. Since I know the story, I know that the master chief was the last spartan, but still, killing all the members, almost all the members of Noble team.

Overall, good game. I'd strongly recommend it, now I get to go play with forge world...and do the campaign on legendary.

Really? I switch between the male and female spartans and I prefer the female one. The male ones look -too- bulky I think. Also, according to Word of God, Jun is still alive. The sniper with the scout helmet.

Thorn: I play against the AI on Heroic and win easily, but I played through the campaign on normal. I'll see what I can come up with, kk? ^^

Please don't. I feel stupid enough for not being able to finish it as it is. ^^

But I really do appreciate your offer. Thank you for that.

Yeah, I think Kat's armour is okay. But I don't mind the male versions, either.

War Pig Killer- Thanks, but it's only on normal. ^^

I haven't played it for a while. I'm sure I'll be alright, once I get back to it. =)

The Theif- Maybe. I'm not sure. I thought it was Regret, but my brother said it was Truth.

How much Halo backstory has he read?

I am a diehard Halo Fan. I loved every game, even the onesthat other people thought were failures. I don't care if you though Halo Wars and Halo ODST sucked, I loved them!

I got by dome of light. I just built a defense, waited until I was rich with supplies and then spammed anti-air vehicles, the eh....... can't remember the name, but anyway, I just brought them with my Rhino tanks, to each location and some anti-vehicle vehicles for figthing off the locust. Finished the level and got a nice acheivment and the skull!

Also, isn't that proffet in Halo Wars Regret?

The Prophet is Regret, he is the youngest of the 3 High Prophets, Mercy is the oldest and Truth is middled aged.

Fawles, don't double post. the edit button is there for a reason.

Kiff, even though this will sadden you more, Jun dies too. It says in one of the books that "Halsey's bodyguard died," in other words, Jun died.

Anyway, my friend was over yesterday and he forged this cool base out of a few pieces(he just slapped em together and they turned out to make a few secret tunnels). My base however, was across the map and had a giant sky tower so i could snipe biggrin.gif

WORT WORT WORT! this topic has given me the sudden urge to play campaign. I dunno why, but I am WAAAY better at reach than h3. I love all the stuff you can do in forge world. now I just need a live gold sub to be able to post my awesome maps. my friend is a great forger and he thinks they are awesome.

Edited by Dark_Necros

Reach is amazing! The multiplayer rules!

I found a glitch to get lots of credits. PM me to know how... wink.gif

Edited by fireball225

Anyone wanna play halo wars on xbox live with me? TheBellTolls4Me, I'll play 1v1 or 3v3

To whoever said that; my brother hasn't read much backstory, I don't think. Neither have I.

But this still shows that I was right and he was wrong. So hah!

War Pig Killer- I don't even have X-box Live.

As many would have noticed by now, I am an extremely, extremely casual gamer.

I LOVE and adore Halo. Halo merchandise takes up a majority of my expenses! xd.png

Halo 1,2, and 3 were the ones where I got more hooked into the storyline and actually cried at the end of H3. However, with Halo Reach, I didn't get that hooked to it, although I still loved playing it and was SO happy to see a female spartan with her own armor style.

Since I already know the story of Reach, I already knew that they would all die so I didn't get all teary eyed like I did for H3. The BIGGEST thing that bugs me is that story in the books about what happened with Reach is FAR better than how the game played out and I really wish they stuck with the story in the books.

Hey, Halogoddess! Do you remember me?

Two was my favourite out of the original three. I enjoyed the Covenant perspective.

And woo! I know this will seem incredibly lame to the rest of you more dedicated players, but I've finally found the time to finish ODST.

I'm almost done! Then there's only Reach to go.

...and Wars, but I tend to play Skirmish more when I play that.

Hey, Halogoddess! Do you remember me?

Two was my favourite out of the original three. I enjoyed the Covenant perspective.

And woo! I know this will seem incredibly lame to the rest of you more dedicated players, but I've finally found the time to finish ODST.

I'm almost done! Then there's only Reach to go.

...and Wars, but I tend to play Skirmish more when I play that.

I can agree on the second one. I did like playing through on the Covenant side. Sadly I gotta say Halo 3 and Halo: Reach are my fave. Mostly for Reach all the stuff they added. Although the If They Came To Hear Me Beg achievement it a PAIN to get. I tried for 20 minutes and gave up. Got it twice and yet no achievement D: It sucked at the end how Noble died. I kinda think there shoulda been a way to get Noble. Sadly I have yet to play Halo Wars maybe I should give it a try :/

I can agree on the second one. I did like playing through on the Covenant side. Sadly I gotta say Halo 3 and Halo: Reach are my fave. Mostly for Reach all the stuff they added. Although the If They Came To Hear Me Beg achievement it a PAIN to get. I tried for 20 minutes and gave up. Got it twice and yet no achievement D: It sucked at the end how Noble died. I kinda think there shoulda been a way to get Noble. Sadly I have yet to play Halo Wars maybe I should give it a try :/

When playing "Halo Two", back in the day, myself and my brother thought that the Master Chief would eventually kill the Arbiter. I would have liked to see that..

I haven't played "Reach" yet. I'm now waiting until we get a hard drive, because our X-box doesn't have memory left. >.>

But I've seen all the deaths, and I have to agree that the death of Noble was pretty sad. Although Jorge's death actually almost made me cry. I think it was the way it was shown from Noble Six's perspective. xd.png

"Wars" is fun enough. I'm not a very strategic thinker though, so...=P

Ohh eemm geee.

Okay, so I haven't posted in a while on these forums, and these games are exactly why I've been on hiatus. so it is appropriate that I post in this topic!

I've played all of them except for Halo Wars (hoping to get that for my birthday). My absolute favorite was Halo 2, with Halo 3 in a very close second. I loved loved loved playing as the Arbiter in 2, and having him by my side in 3. I really love the elites, and in multiplayer I have my race preference set to Elite. :3

As for Reach, the campaign was good, but predictable (especially if you read the books). I love the multiplayer and I HAVE to play Reach matchmaking with my friends for at least an hour of day. Yep, I have an addiction. :D

But yeah. I love Halo!