Zeekaice

Meat

I love meat its awesome, I had to go vege for a week while I was staying with my friend and it wasn't as bad as I thought, I did sink my teeth into a bacon butty as soon as I got back.

Also, in my opinion, if it had a face then it counts as meat

I think ANYTHING alive has meat. That includes us.

There's a guy who made human-flavored tofu. He called it Hufu. I really want to try it.

I just hate it when people consider some things meat and other things not. <-< It's pretty silly, honestly.

Has anyone here tried any insects before? I've heard they're much healthier for you than any sort of meat. I've tried roasted crickets (Crickeets- they're practically everywhere now) and they're pretty good. They taste like roasted peanuts...

There's a guy who made human-flavored tofu. He called it Hufu. I really want to try it.

I just hate it when people consider some things meat and other things not. <-< It's pretty silly, honestly.

Has anyone here tried any insects before? I've heard they're much healthier for you than any sort of meat. I've tried roasted crickets (Crickeets- they're practically everywhere now) and they're pretty good. They taste like roasted peanuts...

There was a comic were ..

Guy1)eating a peanut and there was a peanut bug.

Guy2)wait there is a................

*crunch*

dude you just ate a bug

Guy1)yeah so?

Guy2)won't it taste bad

Guy1)Nope

Guy2)They say when you eat chocolate with magots it tastes like censorkip.gif

Guy1)Well that is because the mother grew up eating censorkip.gif so it will taste like censorkip.gif but the peanut bugs mother grew up eating peanuts so even if it shits it will taste like peanuts.

Guy2)in head*Is it weird that that made sense?*

One of my Czech friends ate a giant cockroach sandwich because he lost a bet, had it filmed and sent it to me.

He said that the inner parts were pretty sweet.

I am a Carnivore I was born a carnivore and will die one,

Unless your diet consists entirely or almost entirely of meat, with little or not vegetables, grains, fruits, etc. at all, I doubt you're a carnivore. You're probably an omnivore.

^Is still considered vegetarian.^

Each of these are examples of vegetarianism. Just in varying degrees of strictness in diet.

Health class is useful, no? .

*sigh*

No. Pescatarians are *not* considered vegetarians. They are just really fussy eaters. Otherwise I am also an example of vegetarianism because I don't eat seafood.

*sigh*

No. Pescatarians are *not* considered vegetarians. They are just really fussy eaters. Otherwise I am also an example of vegetarianism because I don't eat seafood.

Yes they are. In your opinion they might not be but they actually are. They will not eat red meat or by thisv

Pescaterion (This is the one I'm the least sure about.): Eat plant matter (Vegtables, fruits, so on), animal products (Milk, cheese, eggs so on), and seafood (Fish, crustaceans and so on.

definition poultry. Fish by some is not considered meat.

Fish by some is not considered meat.

I'VE GONE OVER THIS GAAAH Dx

I don't consider beef meat. So does that make me a vegetarian? HUH? DOES IT? >:C

Yes they are. In your opinion they might not be but they actually are. They will not eat red meat or by thisv

Pescaterion (This is the one I'm the least sure about.): Eat plant matter (Vegtables, fruits, so on), animal products (Milk, cheese, eggs so on), and seafood (Fish, crustaceans and so on.

definition poultry. Fish by some is not considered meat.

No, they really are not. Read the definitions:

Vegetarian - does not eat meat of any sort. At all. Go read a dictionary or Wikipedia, it will plainly tell you that.

Pescatarian - eats fish. Is even defined as not being a vegetarian.

Fish - a meat. It is flesh of a once-living animal, ergo it is meat. Definitions again.

Ergo, pescatarian =/= vegetarian.

It's about as simple as it gets really. Argue opinions all you want, these are plain and simple facts. You can sit there and say you don't think fish is a meat, but that's like me saying that mahogany is not a wood, or apple juice is not a drink - fact is, they are.

You really have no angle to argue from on this one.

Oh, poultry - domesticated birds.

Edited by Kestra15

Perhaps the whole definition arose because some people looked at meat-eating as a moral problem, and others looked at it as a religious/health/etc problem? Fish would present less of a moral quandary since it's not definite they can do anything like thinking or feel pain.

Or because eating eggs is generally allowed under vegetarianism, but an egg is also of the flesh of a living animal?

My viewpoint, anyway: I don't think I should eat meat. I do anyway.

Better to encourage someone to eat less meat than to try for purism and eat none at all.

Had some roasted ants once; they tasted sort of lemony.

I also had scorpions before - epic, fried (I'm aware they're not insects).

Edited by kadoatie

No, they really are not. Read the definitions:

Vegetarian - does not eat meat of any sort. At all. Go read a dictionary or Wikipedia, it will plainly tell you that.

Pescatarian - eats fish. Is even defined as not being a vegetarian.

Fish - a meat. It is flesh of a once-living animal, ergo it is meat. Definitions again.

Ergo, pescatarian =/= vegetarian.

It's about as simple as it gets really. Argue opinions all you want, these are plain and simple facts. You can sit there and say you don't think fish is a meat, but that's like me saying that mahogany is not a wood, or apple juice is not a drink - fact is, they are.

You really have no angle to argue from on this one.

Oh, poultry - domesticated birds.

Some people don't see fish as meat though. Definitions are very shakey things and can easily be interpreted differently.

Christian faith forces followers to eat no meat until friday, My grandma cooked a lot of fish. It is all about POV.

Plus even vegetarians don't always stick to their diets. It is all various degrees. If I chose to eat animal products 1 day a month but the rest of the month it was only vegetables I am still a vegetarian. Various degrees of vegetarianism. They are still vegetarians they just choose to not see fish as meat. You can. Even if YOU think fish is meat doesn't mean others have too. I personally agree with fish being meat. Also health class said they were.

Christian faith forces followers to eat no meat until friday

Apparently I've been doing it wrong. =/

Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything. But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it. (Genesis 9:3-4)

._.

That was before the whole clean and unclean meat thing, but then there's also this:

He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. (Romans 14:6)

Also, I would call fish meat. Fish are animals. Vegetarians don't eat animals. So I wouldn't call the fish eaters vegetarians.

Edited by Cheeze

We wouldn't have evolved as far as we did if we hadn't started eating meat.

About the Christian thing, I had heard it was no fish ON Friday, not until. And there was a reason for it besides just faith, it was actually quite economical.

Edited by 7Deadly$ins

Apparently I've been doing it wrong. =/

Also, I would call fish meat. Fish are animals. Vegetarians don't eat animals. So I wouldn't call the fish eaters vegetarians.

Wait it could be saturday or a different faith but my grandma only cooked poultry or pork or red meats one day a week and the rest was fish.

according to health class they are. Very loose vegetarians but still vegetarians nonetheless.

Edited by crazywargod

We wouldn't have evolved as far as we did if we hadn't started eating meat.

About the Christian thing, I had heard it was no fish ON Friday, not until. And there was a reason for it besides just faith, it was actually quite economical.

that's Catholicism. - And during Lent they can't eat meat except for fish on Friday. *correct me if I'm wrong, any Catholics here*

Other types of Christians don't really do that.

I don't understand how people can't see fish as meat. they're living creatures.

they have nerves, of course they can feel pain.

I think meat can be defined as any matter with cells that are classified as animals - no cell wall, no chlorophyll, ect.

If you wanted to sit and eat billions of zooplankton you'd still be eating meat, no matter how little nutritional value you'd be getting.

Or at least that's my biology based point of view.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I wish a bunch of scientists could get together and proved that so we could have it set in stone but as it is it is a flexible subject. How we ever got the thought they weren't IDK but it really needs to be fixed.

As I said I could be getting the wrong faith but Mon-Thur & Sat-Sun my grandma only cooked fish and on Fri it was any of the other meats. For normal weeks christmas and thanksgiving and the like were acceptions.

I wish a bunch of scientists could get together and proved that so we could have it set in stone but as it is it is a flexible subject. How we ever got the thought they weren't IDK but it really needs to be fixed.

Dictionary.com

meat

   /mit/ Show Spelled[meet] Show IPA

–noun

the flesh of animals as used for food.

....Is a fish an animal, then?

For the morality thing in religion- thought it was based on if it had a hoof or not? ....or just something swimming?

that's Catholicism. - And during Lent they can't eat meat except for fish on Friday. *correct me if I'm wrong, any Catholics here*

(pokes her nose in) Modern, more loosely followed Catholicism allows the eating of meat on all days EXCEPT Fridays. (even more loosely followed Catholicism (loose like a $2 hooker, more or less) says fish on Friday is fine)

Old, stodgy strict-as-balls Catholicism says no meat whatsoever over the course of the week with the exception of fish on Friday.

So it really depends on your family tradition.

Fish on Friday is yum, as well as steak Saturday through Thursday. Guess you can guess which school I follow. biggrin.gif

Dictionary.com

meat

   /mit/ Show Spelled[meet] Show IPA

–noun

For the morality thing in religion- thought it was based on if it had a hoof or not? ....or just something swimming?

fish are classified under the kingdom animalia, therefore they are an animal.

Dictionary.com

meat

? ?/mit/ Show Spelled[meet] Show IPA

–noun

*bangs head*

POV POV POV POV POV POV POV POV POV POV POV POV POV POV

HOW MANY TIMES DO I SAY IT!

*calms*

Definitions are very shaky things and can be interpreted completely wrong sometimes. Which is why I wish a bunch of scientists could get together and proved that so we could have it set in stone but as it is it is a flexible subject. How we ever got the thought they weren't IDK but it really needs to be fixed. Nothing less will get people to see it that way.

Stupid I KNOW but that is how we are.

What exactly are you saying that scientists need to prove?

It's already proven that fish are animals.

It's proven that fish have meat.

It's proven that vegetarians don't eat the meat of animals.

What's left to prove?

@crazywargod ....Usually a definition is what's pretty much set. In proper terms/usages, of course. Which is why it's, y'know, defined.

ಠ_ಠ You want a scientist to sit down, look at something fleshy and say 'yep, that's meat'? What/how are they going to prove something like that?

If someone refuses to think of meat as "the flesh of animals as used for food.", I'd say they're the type of person that needs to be separated from the rest of society and put into their own special little bubble.

Fish. Is meat. Meat is meat is meat. Whether or not it's 'holier' or 'better' than other meat, however, is a point of view.

Saying the definition of meat is a point of view would be like me saying I'm not murdering this man, I'm just patting him really hard on the back with a knife.

Fish is a meat. 100% no room for debate it is a meat. Like what they did with pluto. Finally set in stone the truth (I don't like their ruling on pluto but I digress). So that the people who think fish are not a meat can't go on about it anymore. You know they are out there. They still will but then you can just call them stupid and be right.

They still will but then you can just call them stupid and be right.

Rest assured that you can already do so.

Fish already is proven to be a meat. There's no need to be redundant.

Rest assured that you can already do so.

Fish already is proven to be a meat. There's no need to be redundant.

OH really that actually annoys me more because that debat caused quite a few headaches in my years.