Zeekaice

Meat

If I don't eat meat every day, I start having cravings for it.

I have canines, so my Higher Power wants me to eat meat. It's delicious. But I wouldn't bother anyone about it if they chose to opt it out of their diet, so don't bother me if I do, eat it that is.

I absolutely support eating animals. What I don't support is the common treatment of them and the conditions of slaughterhouses here in America.

I don't eat meat. I'm a pescetarian, so I do eat seafood. While I don't think that sea animals are inferior to land animals, I know that they are often less advanced and therefore feel less pain. They are also generally not treated as poorly as land livestock.

Eventually the guilt of eating animals outweighed the yumminess of the animals themselves, so I just stopped eating it. I haven't eaten meat in almost two years now. smile.gif I encourage others to eat meat that is raised well, and don't interrupt them if they eat something from a poorly maintained slaughterhouse. I am willing to eat meat that has been fairly treated. I mean, I haven't, but that's more because of personal choice than logical reasoning. I wouldn't feel bad if I ate something from an open farm. I'd prefer not to, but I will eat it and if I will--I'll enjoy it!

Like I've shared before conditions in slaughter houses are typically not as bad as they are painted to be (as bad practices lead to contaminated products which would mean they'd be shut down) and some of the methods of killing the animal are limited in slaughter houses are because people don't take the time to learn why the farmers/butchers kill the animal in that method and campaign for methods they think are more humane (but really aren't).

Still if you're happy only eating fish good for you smile.gif I just find it frustrating that people who say all/most meat farms/slaughter houses are bad don't typically take the time to ask the people who know the work why do you do x and not y? before passing judgement.

I eat meat, but not on a daily basis. I'm not willing to stop doing so though.

Personally, I don't care about what other people eat as long as they don't try to force their habits on me.

If it became illegal to eat meat I would probably keep eating it anyway.

I love meat. I love steaks and bacon and boneless chicken. I love eggs, though that isn't really meat because the ones you buy don't have chickens growing in them (why do so many people not realize this?). I don't have a problem with people who don't eat meat, but my thought processes tend more towards practicality than morality. (I have some extremely controversial opinions on eating habits that I will not express here.) Also, catfish fried in butter is literally one of the best things.

I eat meat when it comes, but if theres vegetables or soy/rice products as an alternative I'll likely choose that instead. My mother is strictly vegetation which I don't mind, we mostly eat vegetables and grain products throughout the week, and lots and lots of tofu cooked in different ways.

Sometimes my grandfather craves meat a little so my mother cooks some for him, this is maybe once every two weeks or more. Fish is usually our alternative for meat, me and my grandfather both enjoy eating fish once in awhile. My mother doesn't really touch it though, unless she's taste checking it.

At school theres always meat for lunch, I don't mind eating it but I don't enjoy eating it so often it becomes part of my regular diet.

If there was a new world order to stop eating meat I wouldn't mind much, meat isn't a terribly big part of my life and I rather dislike big meats such as steaks and such. Theres lots of vegetables I love way more than meat in my country and I don't think I can live without rice. tongue.gif

Edited by suskekun222

GIVE ME ALL THE BACON

I am carnivore at heart, absolutely. I get a little sick whenever I watch those propaganda videos about the horrible conditions of big production farms and slaughterhouses, but there are always people talking about free range and humane killings and the fact that those videos only showcase the extremities of the inhumanity. Extremities, not the norm.

Our family also keeps free range ducks for eggs, and when I say free range, I mean they can go across our forked driveway and onto our neighbors' property if they so desire. No fences anywhere. They always stick around the house and come back for food, and they herd themselves into the Fort Knox of duck huts my dad made all by themselves. They're not caged except at night.

Because of this, they tend to get killed by coyotes and the like. But hey, they're free to wander. They keep coming home. All's good, right? And their eggs are delicious.

Roast chicken seasond with a bit of rosemary. I could never turn my nose up at that! I love steak, chicken, lamb, fish and turkey. I'm not too keen on the thought of eating rabbit, but if the oppurtunity arose to try rabbit, I would simply because it's already dead, and me not eating is not going to stop it being dead, or stop others eating it...

And also because I'm greedy like that >_<

I'm not too keen on the thought of eating rabbit, but if the oppurtunity arose to try rabbit, I would simply because it's already dead, and me not eating is not going to stop it being dead, or stop others eating it...

You should definitely try it at least once in your life! ohmy.gif Ive had it two times (and want more), and it tastes just like chicken. Only thing is that the meat very stringy and tough to chew, not to mention if one of its bones are broken, it can penetrate your skin (yes, personal experience).

I got two frozen squab (young pigeons) and a frozen rabbit at the Asian market yesterday and I am SO EXCITED. I've had pigeons before and I absolutely love the taste, and I've never tried rabbit and it'll be my first time~

GIVE ME ALL THE BACON

I am carnivore at heart, absolutely. I get a little sick whenever I watch those propaganda videos about the horrible conditions of big production farms and slaughterhouses, but there are always people talking about free range and humane killings and the fact that those videos only showcase the extremities of the inhumanity. Extremities, not the norm.

Our family also keeps free range ducks for eggs, and when I say free range, I mean they can go across our forked driveway and onto our neighbors' property if they so desire. No fences anywhere. They always stick around the house and come back for food, and they herd themselves into the Fort Knox of duck huts my dad made all by themselves. They're not caged except at night.

Because of this, they tend to get killed by coyotes and the like. But hey, they're free to wander. They keep coming home. All's good, right? And their eggs are delicious.

There's no such thing as ""humane killing"" in the commercial meat production industry, it's just painful killing and less painful killing, it's still another dead animal. It costs a lot less to split their throats than it does to kill them with euthanasia or anything too. Those people talking about "free range and humane killings and the fact that those videos only showcase the extremities of the inhumanity" just want to think that humane killing is the norm to justify eating meat.

Let's just make up a hypothetical situation where the killing is actually painless, and that the animals actually have plenty of space to move. Pretend you're a cow. Would you like to be fenced in in an inclosure, not allowed to leave, be impregnated forcefully just to have your children taken away shortly after they are born, all while knowing that you were going to be killed and sold for cheap meat as soon as your milk production slowed down?

Now, with that said, I'm sadly not a vegan because my stupid dad won't let me. He says that I'm already skinny enough, and is certain that I would wither away into nothing if I became a vegan. I plan to stop eating animal products when I move out, though.

There's no such thing as ""humane killing"" in the commercial meat production industry, it's just painful killing and less painful killing, it's still another dead animal. It costs a lot less to split their throats than it does to kill them with euthanasia or anything too. Those people talking about "free range and humane killings and the fact that those videos only showcase the extremities of the inhumanity" just want to think that humane killing is the norm to justify eating meat.

Let's just make up a hypothetical situation where the killing is actually painless, and that the animals actually have plenty of space to move. Pretend you're a cow. Would you like to be fenced in in an inclosure, not allowed to leave, be impregnated forcefully just to have your children taken away shortly after they are born, all while knowing that you were going to be killed and sold for cheap meat as soon as your milk production slowed down?

Now, with that said, I'm sadly not a vegan because my stupid dad won't let me. He says that I'm already skinny enough, and is certain that I would wither away into nothing if I became a vegan. I plan to stop eating animal products when I move out, though.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess seeing as even though I tried my hardest to imagine it and still want my beef and bacon, I just lack the empathy needed to change my diet. Oh well.

Edited by Brotato

If we weren't supposed to eat meat G-d wouldn't have given us the capacity to digest it.

Humans are omnivores, if we were supposed to be herbivores we wouldn't be able to digest meat.

Roast chicken seasond with a bit of rosemary. I could never turn my nose up at that! I love steak, chicken, lamb, fish and turkey. I'm not too keen on the thought of eating rabbit, but if the oppurtunity arose to try rabbit, I would simply because it's already dead, and me not eating is not going to stop it being dead, or stop others eating it...

And also because I'm greedy like that >_<

I have always wanted to try a bunny burger. tongue.gif

There are just so many rabbits in this world. Same thing with guinea pigs. I think it should be legal in the US, if it isn't already.

I have always wanted to try a bunny burger.  tongue.gif

There are just so many rabbits in this world. Same thing with guinea pigs. I think it should be legal in the US, if it isn't already.

If it wasn't legal to eat rabbits in the US I wouldn't have just bought some frozen bunny meat from the store.

I will say, though, I'd be kind of hesitant to eat a wild rabbit, seeing as around here they can carry the bubonic plague.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

I like meat but I don't eat a lot of it. Sometimes I'll eat chicken but other than that I don't eat a lot of pork or beef.

I probably wouldn't eat a wild rabbit either. I'm pretty sure hunters know how to clean their meat, but I might not want to take the chance, although I did try elk meat years ago, caught fresh off the highway in Denver, CO. It was DELICIOUS! But to get back on topic, I was talking more along the lines of fresh rabbit from a farm. And I didn't want to assume you were from the US - that's why I made my post, sorry for the miscommunication. I also thought I heard something in the news years ago about whether or not it is legal to serve rabbit meat in restaraunts.

Why do people think I'm a sicko (which is true) just because I eat rabbits all the time? I love rabbit meat!

I've had rabbit before. It was good.

I really want to try venison though.

I've had rabbit before. It was good.

I really want to try venison though.

I like venison, particularly backstrap. You have to be careful in preparing venison, it is leaner than beef, so it tends to dry out quicker.

I don't eat rabbit, I don't care if you do, I don't eat squirrel neither. just do not like it. Not a huge fan of venison, unless it is cooked rite. Moose or bear I shall say pass, but buffalo, sand hill crane, partridge, pheasant, elk yes please. Any fish but pike or salmon I eat, my fav. fish are fresh water walleye, crappie, and halibut. love most all sea food, not crazy for it breaded and fried though. I'm a full blooded Yooper if anyone knows what that is and I just said I am not crazy for venison lol, sorry to my fellow yoops.

I think people should eat meat, we have evolved to have the ability to do so, so why deny what evolution has giving us the ability to do? Unfortunately a complex life form does have to die as a result but it's been that way for thousands of years and it's natural. Eating meat is just apart of human nature. There are certain animals, of course, I would not eat i.e a Rabbit or a Horse unless I really had to.

I think people should eat meat, we have evolved to have the ability to do so, so why deny what evolution has giving us the ability to do? Unfortunately a complex life form does have to die as a result but it's been that way for thousands of years and it's natural. Eating meat is just apart of human nature. There are certain animals, of course, I would not eat i.e a Rabbit or a Horse unless I really had to.

Also, about rabbit or horse, why not? Just curious

I have nothing against people who eat meat, even though personally I choose to be a vegetarian.

While I believe that eating meat is healthy, I also believe that we need to seriously cut back the amount we eat. Currently, I know people who will have it at two meals a day, seven days a week. Considering the energy loss that occurs when feeding plants to the livestock as opposed to eating plants directly, and then taking into account world hunger, it would be much more prudent for us as a whole to cut back on our consumption.

A quick point to say that I am well aware that certain groups have no choice but to feed on meat, due to the lack of crops that are available, such as the Inuits, and as these groups tend to be sustainable they cause no damage to the local wildlife.

I will say I find the "how many hotdogs can you eat in a minute" or "finish the whole steak and get the meal free" competitions disgusting though. It's just a waste of food.