Zeekaice

Meat

Of course! Humans can eat meat. That's why they do! Besides, the ones that doesn't eat meat have more chances to have some diseases than meat-eaters, just by the fact that meat has protein.

C'mon. I know the animals were killed. But think well: if you eat a plant, the plant was killed too. And if you eat many plants, the herbivorous animals won't have anything to eat and will die. My friend make a comic about i, but I don't know where it is now...

Of course! Humans can eat meat. That's why they do! Besides, the ones that doesn't eat meat have more chances to have some diseases than meat-eaters, just by the fact that meat has protein.

C'mon. I know the animals were killed. But think well: if you eat a plant, the plant was killed too. And if you eat many plants, the herbivorous animals won't have anything to eat and will die. My friend make a comic about i, but I don't know where it is now...

Certain beans contain protein. You can live just as well without meat. I can't see MY life without meat but you can live just as well without meat.

I have a very mixed opinion on meat.

I believe in farm animals raised FOR their meat. Like cattle, chicken, pigs. But I don't like people going out and killing deer, wild turkey, pheasent, etc. It's like somebody coming into our homes, shooting us, and eating us.

So I believe farm animals are ok to eat, while hunted animals are not.

ETA: I forgot to say, meat is a staple of a healthy diet. You can live without it, but meat helps build muscle-mass, and keep you healthy.

Edited by Tetsaiga

I love meat, but don't like the fact that they kill animals.

The way I see it, if i go vegetarian, it won't make any difference at all. There will still be people who eat nothing but meat. Even if everyone stopped eating meat, people would still slaughter cows anyways for their hide. So I might as well get my protein.

I refrain from eating veal, though. That's just cruel.

I agree.

Really, if life was all perfect and no animals ate each other, only plants, life would suck. Take into account things that breed by the dozens and are eaten by many (Like rabbits or mice), these creatures would get huge populations, and would eat all of the plant population. Then nothing can eat and everything dies a slow and painful death by starvation. I think dying suddenly and then being eaten is better!

ETA: I forgot to say, meat is a staple of a healthy diet. You can live without it, but meat helps build muscle-mass, and keep you healthy.

There are non-animal foods that do the same thing.

There are non-animal foods that do the same thing.

Not exactly. All of the proteins and vitamins within meat do exist in other foods, but not together and not in as large amounts. Sure, you can get protein from beans, but you get more from meat.

Not exactly. All of the proteins and vitamins within meat do exist in other foods, but not together and not in as large amounts. Sure, you can get protein from beans, but you get more from meat.

There are. Beans are in the meat area of the food pyramid for the exact reason they can be used as a meat supplement. Put that with the man made meat supplement. Vegetarians can live just as healthy and strong as meat eaters.

I really don't like ribs because they dun smell good. D: Plus I don't like the stuff put on them. D:>

I'd be a carnivore, really, if it wasn't completely unhealthy to do so. Omnomnom ribs~

Sure, raising the creatures for the meat in bad areas isn't a good thing to support- which is why I'm fairly sure the folks I buy my stuff from aren't complete animal-abusers. Really, not buying the meat to make a point against that isn't doing much unless you talk your whole city/state to do the same. (I don't believe in 'free-range' shiz. Really? You think those people let those creatures wander around with no cages or anything? Imagine your pocket full of hundred dollar bills suddenly sprouted legs and decided to wander. Think you'd let it?)

As for hunting- If you can find a use for every single part of that creature that you stalked down and killed, then go right ahead. Eat the meat, do something with the feathers/fur, do something with the bones... Just don't make it a waste. I just couldn't kill a creature myself. I'd sooner shoot a human.

Haven't read the entire thread, so I dunno if this is mentioned/explained- My grandmother and a friend of mine both get, like, violently ill when they eat pork or beef. Red meat makes them sick, so they just stick to birds and fish. Anyone know why this is? Perhaps just the fatty content in the meat is too rich for their systems...?

Is it possible to not like BBQ sauce. I forgot about meat substitute... i personally prefer meat though.

Yeah... I find BBQ sauce disgusting. :/ I think ribs would be okay without it.

.....ask for no sauce? :I

Is it possible to not like BBQ sauce. I forgot about meat substitute... i personally prefer meat though.

Well yes it is possible. It is rare, almost non-existent like choco-haters, but there are a few. I find BBQ sauce good in moderation. Too much makes the taste of the meat disappear sad.gif

Well yes it is possible. It is rare, almost non-existent like choco-haters, but there are a few. I find BBQ sauce good in moderation. Too much makes the taste of the meat disappear sad.gif

i agree, how much is too much? Begin debate.

I believe it's okay to eat meat as long as you don't take the animal's sacrifice for granted. Personally, I wouldn't be able to kill an animal and turn around and eat it, but I'm okay with eating meat as long as I use all of it (within reason, I don't save bones) and don't let it go to waste by spoiling.

Meat is too tasty to give up...

And how can anyone hate barbeque sauce? You guys have either had ****py sauces or you aren't from the south... tongue.gif

-K-

(I don't believe in 'free-range' shiz. Really? You think those people let those creatures wander around with no cages or anything? Imagine your pocket full of hundred dollar bills suddenly sprouted legs and decided to wander. Think you'd let it?)

Well, the smaller farmers always let their animals have free-roam. Its only the massive factory farms and feedlots which don't. Which seems to be all the rage now :c

I can get free-range meat quite easily because I know a lot of local farmers.

My mate has a head of black angus which we go up and help muster and drench. He has a few hundred acres which they get fat and squishy on, and then they go off to become hamburgers. When time comes to be taken to the abbatoir, he loads the cattle up on his own trucks and drives them there. He never uses those icky cattle prods, just a bit of pvc pipe which makes a scary noise when slapped on the cattle yard fencing, and gets their butts moving without actually hurting them.

He also has a decently sized flock of sheep. He doesn't have any chickens, but you can buy free-range chook from the supermarket, heres the site if your interested.

Free-range is becoming a more favoured option, with more and more people buying it for the moral reasoning, and just as many buying it for the fact it tastes SO much better. You can taste all the happy :D

I believe in farm animals raised FOR their meat. Like cattle, chicken, pigs. But I don't like people going out and killing deer, wild turkey, pheasent, etc. It's like somebody coming into our homes, shooting us, and eating us.

How do you feel about wild animals chasing into other animals homes and killing them, not always eating them?

I am a full supporter of hunting animals that have no natural predators left (I do not agree with killing 'exotic' animals for the meat)

Especially deer. Here in Missouri (and other midwest states) the deer population is out of control which raises car accident rates (trust me, if you saw the deer-car accident I did, you would either never eat meat again/drive again, or you would fully agree on hunting).

Personally I think farms are a worse deal. You cut down and use up a bunch of land to mass grow (yes grow) animals to be made into a McBurger that people throw half of away.

the majority of the hunters I know who hunt for meat at least try to use up all parts of the animal. Anything they take out they let decay naturally.

Again though, if you look at our (Human) body system, our chemistry is meant for meat. the enzymes we produce are meant to break down meats, fruits and nuts.

things such as some of the essential amino acids for building up pretty much everything in your body and some of the fatty acids for building that up, are found in meat, and in the numbers you need.

(forgive me for not having direct reference and sources. I'm going through my organic/biochem book and it was a subject we talked about at the end of the semester so I have to search for it)

I hate BBQ sauce ._.

It ruins everything it's put on, just like table salt.

How do you feel about wild animals chasing into other animals homes and killing them, not always eating them?

I am a full supporter of hunting animals that have no natural predators left (I do not agree with killing 'exotic' animals for the meat)

Especially deer. Here in Missouri (and other midwest states) the deer population is out of control which raises car accident rates (trust me, if you saw the deer-car accident I did, you would either never eat meat again/drive again, or you would fully agree on hunting).

Personally I think farms are a worse deal. You cut down and use up a bunch of land to mass grow (yes grow) animals to be made into a McBurger that people throw half of away.

the majority of the hunters I know who hunt for meat at least try to use up all parts of the animal. Anything they take out they let decay naturally.

Again though, if you look at our (Human) body system, our chemistry is meant for meat. the enzymes we produce are meant to break down meats, fruits and nuts.

things such as some of the essential amino acids for building up pretty much everything in your body and some of the fatty acids for building that up, are found in meat, and in the numbers you need.

(forgive me for not having direct reference and sources. I'm going through my organic/biochem book and it was a subject we talked about at the end of the semester so I have to search for it)

I agree with all of this.

Our equivalent of your Deer problem is Kangaroo's, and they are damn dangerous. You'll be driving along in the suburbs and you can find them on sports ovals. They are very fast and by the time one is on the road, you can't really do anything. They are big suckers, and will take out a windscreen and can easily kill a driver or passenger. Especially if they come in through the front and are still alive and get you with those massive claws. Most fatal accidents are caused by Kangaroos, its messy. And the reason why we have so many is simple. We have no predators in Australia. Like, seriously, none. Most of our carnivores (Tasmanian Devils and Dingoes) are primarily scavengers. We killed off the Thylacine, which would have had a chance against most Roo's. The only thing large enough to take down a full grown Roo would be a crocodile, but its not like they are going to put even a dent in the Kangaroo population. They eat so much, and in a drought stricken country, we can't afford a plague of kangaroos eating everything. So, we gotta cull them. Like, mass cull. Its all very humane, and nothing is wasted. They are herded up and shot, and then everything is taken. They are either used for human consumption (Kangaroo is quite yummy, actually. Its very lean. You have to cook it just right though, or it gets a bit stringy and chewy. Otherwise its very tender and yummehlicious.) The fur and stuff is made into hats/toys/clothing and the tails and yucky cuts of meat are used in dog food.

Mass farming is so much worse than hunting an overpopulated species. In so many ways.

And how can anyone hate barbeque sauce? You guys have either had ****py sauces or you aren't from the south... :P

-K-

Oh wow we're from New England lol.

Shrimp.

How much can you eat in under 5 minutes?

My record in an entire tray. :D

So, it's better to keep an animal locked up for its entire life, possibly in uncomfortable or less-than-ideal conditions, than to let an animal live a free life in the wild with its fellow animals?

I don't care for hunting as a sport. It makes me uncomfortable to think of people enjoying killing animals. But when it comes to killing for food, I don't see how hunting is really worse. It seems to me that farming has become a necessary evil. Farms, especially small farms, can provide good lives for the animals, but then you have farms where the animals spend most of their lives in close quarters, unable to live like they would in the wild.

At least animals in the wild will have had a chance run around, interact with each other, etc.

I am a VERY textile and taste eater. I can only eat hamburgers, fried chicken (except the breast), bacon, eggs(if you would count them), and if I am in the right mood some ribs. I hate fruits and veggies so meat it is for me!

Oh wow we're from New England lol.

Shrimp.

How much can you eat in under 5 minutes?

My record in an entire tray. biggrin.gif

I don't know!

My parents always stick around the tray so that I can't scarf them down.

They're jsut torturing me with the shrimps I tell ya!