Zeekaice

Meat

Buttermilk fried chicken is one of the most amazing things I've ever eaten. As much as I don't like the idea of what some animals are put through in the meatpacking industry, it's a staple to my diet :\ I love meat, but I'm allergic to fish and shellfish, which sucks because I used to eat clams all the time in the shell ;_;

Wait, so you became allergic to seafood? That sucks :|

Never heard of buttermilk fried chicken... sounds... interesting.

Wait, so you became allergic to seafood? That sucks :|

Never heard of buttermilk fried chicken... sounds... interesting.

Yes, it was after I ate Shrimp Bisque that I discovered the allergy. It sucks very much sad.gif

I'm not entirely sure how it's made, but I buy a bucket of buttermilk chicken at Wholefoods and just reheat them on the nights I want it. Sooo good, very tangy, and it's on the bone, which I love.

On the bone is always better.

I wonder if there's a wholefoods near here. Alternatively, to google!

Honestly, i see no problem with eating an animal that is made for food and i am not sympathetic for. However, eating dog is something i will NEVER do.

I think even a vegan would eat this just to kill it though:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

@_@

I like meat but I'd never eat that thing. I'm sure it would corrupt me from the inside out.

I don't really like meat, so I try to avoid it. I just like other things more, like cheese.

I basically don't eat red meat at all (or fish, because I don't like it), except for the occasional hot dog. I eat chicken some, but I probably avoid meat more than I eat it, in general.

I don't have anything against vegetarians and vegans, I think it's fine as long as they get enough protein. But I also believe that humans are omnivores for a reason. Meat has been part of our diet for a long time, and I feel like it's not right for that to suddenly change. The meat industry though seem to be having major problems with animal abuse.... so I don't really blame vegetarians and vegans for not eating meat... X]

I just ate some really good chicken meat. Who wants the recipe?

Step one: Take raw chicken, cut into strips.

Step two: Jut barely cover bottom of suitably-sized skillet with these ingredients in these proportions-

Olive oil - 3 parts

Raspberry wine vinegar - 1 part

Sherry- 1 part

Honey - 1 part

Sesame oil - 1 part

Soy sauce - 2 parts

Butter - 1 small pat

Step 3: Heat chicken in oily mixture until white on both sides

Step 4: Add chopped garlic, cover, cook on low 10 minutes

Step 5: Add chopped veggies to taste, up heat to medium and cook covered for another 3 minutes

Step 6: Add leftover rice/Rice-A-Roni, stir thoroughly, cover and cook on low again for 5 minutes.

Step 7: Eat your amazingly delicious chicken. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Recipe has no name, because "sublime stir-fry" sounds too pretentious.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

I love meat, and to those dense people who 'believe humans shouldn't eat meat because that means eating something that used to have life' I feel I have to say Uh hello plants are technically alive too so what are we supposed to eat? Air? No creature can live on air alone, not even plants as they also need sunlight and water. But plants have the ability to turn sunlight into energy humans and animals don't therefore we must eat plants and or meat.

I don't really have a problem with people who choose to be vegetarians and vegans as it's there choice, but I do have a problem with those who try to force others to give up meat. Everyone has a choice and shouldn't force their choices on others.

It's perfectly fine as long as the animal didn't during the slaughtering/hunting process.

Also, humans evolved eating meat..and some cultures/religions require the eating of meat..such as Islam. I won't get into details but I will explain if need be.

Edited by PacketMonkey

It's perfectly fine as long as the animal didn't during the slaughtering/hunting process.

Also, humans evolved eating meat..and some cultures/religions require the eating of meat..such as Islam. I won't get into details but I will explain if need be.

I think you accidentally a word there.

I've been a vegetarian for 13 years. At this point it's easy; the only problems are social ones. Those mainly consist of 1. being a pain to cook for (sorry friends sad.gif) and 2. people who insist on picking fights about vegetarianism. I don't snipe at you about your food, so please do me the same courtesy.

I don't actually think it's inherently wrong for humans to eat meat; we are omnivorous, after all. But I hate the way that meat animals are treated in most big farms. Much better to eat meat that's either humanely raised or sustainably hunted. Even if the meat industry were reformed, I'd likely stay a vegetarian, because it's easy for me to eat healthily and cheaply this way, and because I have a soft spot for animals. Especially pigs.

I don't actually think it's inherently wrong for humans to eat meat; we are omnivorous, after all. But I hate the way that meat animals are treated in most big farms. Much better to eat meat that's either humanely raised or sustainably hunted. Even if the meat industry were reformed, I'd likely stay a vegetarian, because it's easy for me to eat healthily and cheaply this way, and because I have a soft spot for animals. Especially pigs.

Do you eat cheese, eggs or drink milk?

I've had vegetarians and vegans try to lecture me about eating meat, and I just think their claims are silly.

Now, the human body isn't made to eat meat at the rate we consume it now-a-days; think about how hard it would have been back in caveman days to come home with a buffalo or a deer every single day. We do have the teeth necessary to consume meat, so it's outrageous to say that people aren't supposed to eat meat period.

My point is... I know people feel passionate about their lifestyle choices, but I don't try to shove meat down their throats, so it'd be nice if they wouldn't try to shove their ideas down mine.

Do you eat cheese, eggs or drink milk?

Yep, I'm a vegetarian, not a vegan. The eggs are easy to get guilt-free (I live in the middle of nowhere and a bunch of my coworkers have backyard chickens) but there's really no way to get milk without contributing to meat farming.

My point is... I know people feel passionate about their lifestyle choices, but I don't try to shove meat down their throats, so it'd be nice if they wouldn't try to shove their ideas down mine.

Yeeees this. I know I'm all chatty about it here, but I seriously never bring up vegetarianism in real life. I really wish people would stop proselytizing about it, because it makes everybody assume I am silently judging them when I order the tempeh. And that is really not the case.

Edited by arula

being a pain to cook for (sorry friends sad.gif)

Dun apologize! I'm sure I'm harder to cook for, and I eat meat. x3

It's really not troublesome to make meatless dishes or to tweak ingredients or the way you make something. It's not even hard to have vegetarian dishes and meat dishes for everyone. We know tons of vegetarians who we invite over to eat. If it was really that much trouble, we wouldn't invite them. =P

The only trouble is when someone like my sister becomes a vegetarian. I understand and respect her reasons - eating meat made her feel sick, and I'm glad she wants to be and feel healthy. However, she doesn't like beans, peppers, mushrooms, (and turns down any recipe with any of those in them, despite her claims she'll start eating them) and the like, and thinks things like veggieburgers are cheating. She turns down every recipe we look up, won't say why, and won't look up any of her own recipes. How does she expect anybody to cook a meal for her? o_O

She thinks she can live purely off salad and celery and cookies. =_=

At this point I'm almost semi-vegetarian o_O I do love a good steak once in a while, but I don't feel safe or right eating meat from the store. I've given up pork completely (not hard, since I never even liked the taste, sorry bacon lovers just means more for you) and I drink soymilk instead of cow's milk due to allergies. I only even eat chicken a couple days a week now.