Zeekaice

Meat

Animals do feel pain, and fear. They get adrenaline rushes just like we do, and they actively fight to remain alive. I believe all life should be treasured and the consumption of meat, much as the industry disturbs me, doesn't bother me as much as senseless killings such as squashing a spider or shooting a bird you have no intention of eating. That's what really makes me angry.

Do you eat cheese or drink milk?

It'd be best if we could either stop eating or eat only rocks and dirt.

Buuuut, we can't. So I'll enjoy my chicken fillet this evening and bacon-covered pizza tomorrow evening.

Because life's too short and I don't want to waste it worrying about how much pain my ham sandwich caused.

Edited by Ælex

I love eating meat. But I may start eating only organic and purchasing chicken and steak that were raised properly on a farm and not a dark torturing factory. They try to shut farms down because of "health issues" (being outside and all) when their factories has animals caked in their own manure. And don't get me started on the recalls..

Ahem back on topic, meat is part of our everyday diet. I can't eat too much of it or it upsets my stomach but I was a huge carnivore when I was younger. What is veal? I've never had it before.

I eat meat, love it, chicken, steak, seafood to, all kinds. I also hunt my own, deer, moose, duck, pheasent, NOTHING goes to waste if we can help it. Sadly, yes, wounding does happen and they get away, but there are enough wolves and carrien around that nothing really goes to waste, something will eat it.

As for vegetarians, I may not agree with them, but I still repect their choices in life and won't try and argue with them... so long as they don't try and talk me into not eating meat.

Everyone has their likes and dislikes wink.gif

I'm really not a fan of meat.

I only eat a part of the cow and chicken I dislike the others meats.

Hmm....what am i eating right now? lol, i like it raw

We were doing this in class; about eating cloned meat. It was pretty gross; it said that scientists have found a way to clone meat. Just meat. Not the animal that produces it, the meat. >O<

And pretty soon, our chickens will have multiple legs and breasts, and have no eyes and beaks. >< Not really, but...

I also hunt my own, deer, moose, duck, pheasent, NOTHING goes to waste if we can help it. Sadly, yes, wounding does happen and they get away, but there are enough wolves and carrien around that nothing really goes to waste, something will eat it.

I have a weird kind of respect for people who hunt like you do even though I don't eat meat myself. There's just something so primal and natural about it. Not at all like getting it mass produced from the super market.

Do you eat cheese or drink milk?

I see that the same way as eating plants - I wish I didn't have to. Might it be wrong to massacre plants and use their carefully collected energy to forward my own life? Might it be wrong to just assume an arrangement with animals such as cows and harvest their natural produce in return for a safe and controlled life? Is it wrong to buy and sell sentient creatures as if they were simple objects?

The world is so complicated. It's hard to make sense of what is right and wrong. I usually end up compromising between what my instinct says and what other people tell me. unsure.gif

Eat the meat.

Humans need meat to get a proper balance of food types in their diet, along with lots of protein.

Meat is probably the most protein rich food that will ever exist.

It's used in many many DELICIOUS foods such as hot dogs, burgers, sloppy joes, tacos, steak, spaghetti, and way more than I care to mention.

Humans are made to be omnivores, no matter what anyone says. And what with all the disgusting health problems vegetarians can get, I say eating meat is wonderful.

I see that the same way as eating plants - I wish I didn't have to. Might it be wrong to massacre plants and use their carefully collected energy to forward my own life? Might it be wrong to just assume an arrangement with animals such as cows and harvest their natural produce in return for a safe and controlled life? Is it wrong to buy and sell sentient creatures as if they were simple objects?

The world is so complicated. It's hard to make sense of what is right and wrong. I usually end up compromising between what my instinct says and what other people tell me. unsure.gif

See the thing with milk and cheese is that in order to get the cows producing milk they have to calve - and then the calves have to be taken away so we can have the milk.

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this but, vegetarians lack a lot of protein. And I don't think peanut butter would solve that problem.

I think you need to eat a variety of plant sources, if your are vegetarian to get enough, but it is possible; beans, PB and a variety of others... I don't know that I could give up my yummy hambergurs and chicken, though, personally. Mind I don't have any problem withsomeone else making that choice for themselves.

Edited by LeopardDragon

I love meat. I don't -really- care what other people eat, but I do find people who are vegetarian for "moral reasons" slightly hypocritcal.

I honestly don't care what anyone eats, though I am a vegetarian. But I started four years ago for personal reasons and because I never really liked the taste of meat. I do think that humans eating meat is natural and as long as the species isn't endangered, than they can go ahead and eat it up. It's the same as a lion eating a gazelle. I do believe that the only difference between animals consuming animals and humans consuming animals is that humans do it not just for survival but for pleasure. I guess that's why I did it, because I didn't want to be a hog or something. I don't really remember.

As for me, I eat lots of fruits and vegetables and I eat lots of tofu, too. I take multivitamins and an iron supplement. If you add plenty of water to that than you're all good. If worse comes to worse you can take supplements. But I try not to take too many pills because I have to take Melatonin and sometimes Prozac.

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this but, vegetarians lack a lot of protein. And I don't think peanut butter would solve that problem.

There are other things that have protein, as well as we have supplements people can take nowadays. :3

You're right, though. I had a friend who couldn't make it work through middle school and had to start eating meat again so she didn't end up having to make a trip to the hospital.

However, I have tons of friends now who are vegetarian and doing just fine and are healthier than I. :3

I love meat. I love cooking it, I love hunting it, I love eating it.

It's so versatile! I'm not saying vegetables aren't, but...meat has a certain texture to it that veggies just don't have. I was a vegetarian for a while (lost a bet, long story), and I missed eating ribs so much D:

While it's true that there are vegetables that are full of protein (black quinoa, for example), if said vegetarian does not eat the right kind of vegetables to gett all protein needed, it can have really horrible consequences. When I wasn't eating meat in high school I would have spells where my legs would get weak and shake. I couldn't move from wherever I was at the time. Peanut butter and eggs are not a decent substitute for complete proteins. Black quinoa is a complete protein and therefore can be eaten in place of meat.

And meat, when eaten in the correct portion size, is part of a healthy diet. Humans are onivores. Our teeth are proof of that. We were made to eat meat and plant matter.

I respect the choices of those who are vegetarian, but I cannot stand those who are all "OMG HOW CAN YOU EAT THAT COW? IT HAD A FAMILY AND A LIFE AND WAS SO BEAUTIFUL YOU MURDERER D8"

Yes. It was alive. Yes, I'm eating it. But so was the fish that bald eagle is eating.

Humans are a part of nature. In nature, animals eat other animals.

Lila, what's wrong with enjoying what you eat? I'm a chef. Food is an artform for me. My job is to make people enjoy eating what's on their plate. It's pleasurable. Just like sex and other things naturally occuring.

Also, we have to eat to survive. We have to eat anyways, why not enjoy it?

When I first started being a vegetarian I never had any weak spells, and I didn't even get proper protein... I just lost like ten pounds that I didn't really need...but once I started eating right my skin got better, I was more awake, more healthy overall.

I went vegetarian when i was like 5 i asked my mom where steak coes from, she said cows, and from that point i refused eating it :L. why take from other equal life to sate our own hunger we have pleanty of other foods readily available, slaughter is COMPLEATELY unnesicary, would you kill a baby because you think it tastes good? (i seriously hope you say no :L) if i found out that plants felt pain i would die or find another food source, humans naturally adapt, a vegatarian lifestyle is not hard.

... no meat, no plants, sooo... fungi and fruit?

Plants "scream" when injured. I'm sure the article's somewhere in the thread, too lazy to dredge it up though.

Allow me to make a good point.

There is a reason humans are omnivores, it is because we need both plants and meats to survive. If we didn't, we would be herbivores, now wouldn't we? Meat is meant to be eaten. Animals are meant to be consumed. In fact, all living things are. That is why we eat both plants and animals.

Just because animals are more advanced, intelligent organisms than plants doesn't mean that we should be all "They have families ,they have feelings, animal consumption is cruelty." It is all part of the balance of nature; birds eat bugs so we don't have an overpopulation of them, and cats eat birds so we don't have an overpopulation of them, and so on.

If you are saying we should not eat cattle, then are you saying that wild animals should not eat cattle? Cheetahs shouldn't eat zebras? They should just go extinct? Meat is meant to be consumed. The. End.

Excuse me for enjoying my steak. Excuse me for eating meat because it's okay to. Excuse me for being omnivorous.

When I first started being a vegetarian I never had any weak spells, and I didn't even get proper protein... I just lost like ten pounds that I didn't really need...but once I started eating right my skin got better, I was more awake, more healthy overall.

You don't have to be a vegetarian to be healthy. It's called a balanced diet for a reason.

Meat rhymes with eat. Can you take a hint?

I will never go vegetarian. Some people do it to lose weight. Some people do it because they claim it is healthier (pfft!) Some people do it because they "feel bad" for the animals. But I will never do it for any reason, because firstly, I could not live without meat. The cravings would eat me alive. Secondly, we are meant to eat meat, so I believe there is no harm in doing so.

Besides, I'm just not that kind of person. I don't particularly feel that much sympathy for the animals we eat. I got pet chickens a month ago, and they were the cutest things ever. My mom asked me if I would ever eat chicken again. My younger sister, as naive and animal-loving as she is, instantly said "Never again!" but I happily ate a McNuggets meal the next day. Hey, why not?

I was vegetarian for a while after watching a show about how the animals were treated in the processing facilities. I went back to eating it, however, since I was in sports and wasn't very good about balancing my diet.

Anyways, my best friend is transition to be a Raw Foodist, which is kind of veganism. Whenever I say, "Well, I just really like meat. I don't think I could really give it up for very long" she goes on about how can I stand eating the meat when the animals have been treated so badly and all I'm doing is encouraging their tortured deaths.

I don't really know how to respond to that other than, "We need better conditions for them, but I can't help that I need meat. I just can't live off of plant stuff alone."

= 3='