Zeekaice

Meat

"Humans eat meat. Tigers eat meat. So humans are tigers."

Hee... I love when that fallacy pops up... It always makes such awesome results... :B

I say we don't have enough scientific proof to declare plants as sentient or not. Hell, 100 years ago we believed that no animal could behave in ways humans do. We now have animals that can paint, problem solve, and we even have animals predicting the outcome of soccer games.

The fact is, we've given the title of sentience to animals we relate to the most. The first non-human given the title of sentient was the Chimpanzee. Obviously we don't share many things in common with grass, so maybe that colors our perception of whether they're sentient or not...

However, I would love to argue that grass is perhaps the greatest troll of all... it always seems to need to be cut on a rainy day...

-K-

No. Your sentence gives the idea humans are cannibalists.

A correct one would be:

Humans eat meat. Tigers eat meat. So tigers and humans are carnivorous.

Or:

Humans are meat. Tigers eat meat. So tigers eat humans.

And so forth...

biggrin.gif

By the way, I once drank an ant... Accidentally.

Circular logic is the correct fallacy to point out to you, I believe. ;3

I just figured out something that will make vegetarians want to eat meat!

Vegetarians eat plants. Cows eat plants. So the vegetarians often eat the cow's plants. So the cow stay hungry and die...

That's something I just thought...

Vegetarians eat plants. Cows eat plants. So the vegetarians often eat the cow's plants. So the cow stay hungry and die...

And you butcher them so hibini has steak. Yum yum.

But really?

Vegetarians eat veggies and fruit that cows probably don't like. Cows eat grass that humans dislike. Cows moo happily and vegetarians try to make the whole damn world go vegetarian. Well, not always. But the few percent that do can get annoying. *runs away with steak* MY STEAK.

Thats more accurate.

I just figured out something that will make vegetarians want to eat meat!

That's something I just thought...

Vegetarians go around eating grass and only grass?

The hardcore vegans should try to keep colonies of cellulase-producing organisms in their digestive tracts so that they can fully consume what they eat XP

Moar Maddox.

user posted image

Hmm... I have no idea but I'm trying to be a vegetarian to save animals. My dad on the other hand is going veggie because he wants to loose weight

Hmm... I have no idea but I'm trying to be a vegetarian to save animals. My dad on the other hand is going veggie because he wants to loose weight

Read posts at the bottom of the previous page.

I personally have no problem with eating meat. I know that some people don't and I respect that, I don't try to force my ideas on them, but I don't let them dictate my life. I don't eat a lot of meat, because one of my family members is on a diet for health reasons and we don't have a lot of meat in the house. However, several of my close friends love eating meat, and when I am with them I eat more.

Eat meat if you want to, avoid it if you wish, I don't care either way. The vegans and vegetarians just mean more meat for those who want it.

Hm. Since eating insects was brought up, can we pursue the topic further?

Like, say, do you see it as equal in terms of "murder", when compared to a chicken or cow? Would you be willing to convert to eating insects? It's more efficient and healthier than most regular meat on the market. Or would you prefer to go vegetarian on the spot, if the choice was insect or none?

I'd certanly try insects but, having never had them before, may not like them and so perhaps would just not eat them because I wouldn't enjoy their flavor.

I'd eat insects, and gladly, if there were more ways to get them in this country, and more people who knew how to cook them to where they taste good.

Heh.

I can imagine a whole chain of restaurants that could specialize in serving insects. I'd eat there.

Insects? No, not really. I can't get past the crunchy shells and the legs. I would rather go vegetarian than eat insects. If it were a matter of life and death though, I am sure I could manage to choke down some insects.

I'd go vegetarian before eating insects. I just couldn't do it.

I also eat meat but dont want animals suffering

we are onmivores we were built to eat meat just look at the way our teeth are shaped those flatish incisors and fang like canines are designed for the breaking down of flesh \

i always remind myself this when i feel gultly about eating meat

also there is no freakin way you would get me to eat a insect blech..

Eat meat if you want to, avoid it if you wish, I don't care either way. The vegans and vegetarians just mean more meat for those who want it.

Yes.

YES.

YES.

Meat should be eaten. It doesn't matter that the cow/pig/whatever was killed. As long as I get my food. Humans are omnivores after all, we're meant to eat meat. It shouldn't matter to us that the animal us killed. Do lions care when they kill a wildebeest? Hell no.

I won't eat seafood though. But that's because I hate it. :U

About eating bugs, I would only do that if there was literally no way I could eat something else.

Edited by Icepelt

Have you ever eaten shrimp?

Or lobster?

Or crab?

Eating insects isn't much different.

I'll have to disagree with you there. I've had all of the above...And no, seafood isn't 'water insects'. So there's not even a comparison there. Just as squirrels aren't really 'large rats with tails'.

There's a HUGE difference in taste and texture between seafood and insects. HUGE difference. cool.gif

And mind you...I've eaten the shells on shrimp and crab, not just the 'meat' alone, as well as I've eaten them raw (shushimi)...Even with the shells or eaten raw, there's still a HUGE difference between taste and texture when compared to insects. cool.gif

About the only thing comparable in regards to such diets is the large spiders in Africa and the Middle East, that are served in the jungles as a delicacy...And it's said their meat is comparable to chicken, not seafood.

But the majority of insects that are consumed/consumable or more comparable to having a nutty flavor and crunchy texture similar to burnt breading. Crumbly and grainy in otherwords. Worms and grubs add a 'chewy' texture.

Edited by AlicornsPrayer

Have you ever eaten shrimp?

Or lobster?

Or crab?

Eating insects isn't much different.

Unless you eat a shell on shrimp or really tiny shrimp no, it isn't the same. The majority of the time you eat crabs or lobsters, you are eating muscle meat, and little to no organ meat(unless you choose to). With most insects, you eat them whole, shell, guts and all. And quite frankly that is what disturbs me the most. Anyways, I don't like shellfish either.

I'd eat an insect if it was offered me. Cooked, that is.

I was once offered a cricket at a daycamp... Not realizing what they meant, I accepted. The guy reached into a large jar of crickets that they had, grabbed one, twisted its head off, and said "Here, eat it!" I was like o.e nothx.

My entomologist classmate fried grasshoppers one summer and took a picture of his girlfriend chewing one. I wouldn't mind trying one, too, they were of a nice colour when fried.

I'll have to disagree with you there. I've had all of the above...And no, seafood isn't 'water insects'. So there's not even a comparison there. Just as squirrels aren't really 'large rats with tails'.

They do share the same order Rodentia.