Zeekaice

Meat

yes.... meat is meant for eating..

Heck.. humans use to get killed and eaten too

People believe they shouldn't eat meat because you're eating something that used to have life.

Plants are living. If people dont eat things that have had life they die.

I eat meat. That will never change. I will not give up my steak and chicken and turkey.

I don't eat a lot of fish because i don't like it.

I will not eat lamb or other baby animal meat products.

I really hate the taste, smell, and texture of most meats. I cut all red meat out of my diet almost two years ago, and I've felt so much better since than. Now, whenever I try to eat any red meat (like a few very tiny scraps of ground beef in a burrito), it makes me sick.

I would love to go vegetarian, but chicken is my one great weakness...unless it's seasoned horribly or cooked in butter (I'm looking at you, dad >_>).

I can't stand the taste/texture of most red meat, but I have no problem with people eating it and it doesn't bother me seeing it.

I can't help but sneak bacon though, I mean come on. It's bacon.

I eat all poultry, fish, seafood, and animal by-products - that is, eggs, milk, cheese.

By the way, for those of you who eat salads. You know you get no energy from lettuce? Lettuce is comprised mostly of cellulose, and our body does not have the enzyme to break down cellulose into energy. So it's basically a filler food, just goes through you.

With the enzymes we have, our body is made to ingest meat and plant parts that contain starches and other sugars. Even our teeth are made up that way.

I love meat and I will never stop eating meat. I love my hamburgers and fried chicken strips too much.

There are certain kinds of meat I will NOT eat, though, like veal and lamb. I don't approve of eating BABY animals. I also will not ever try and do not ever WANT to try buffalo meat. If I want a hamburger, I'll buy beef, but I don't think buffalo should be on my plate. >.>

I mostly eat poultry, because i just can't stomach too much red meat anymore; too much makes me feel sick. I've started eating more fish, poultry, and non-meat foods lately because of that, but I'll never be a vegetarian.

My family tries to buy more organic meats, too, because the animals are treated more humanely and are given a natural, hormone-and-antibiotic free diet. I don't like the way the animals are treated and the hormone- and antibiotic-laced meat that gets to the store is starting to cause problems in people; my family stopped buying regular milk and went to organic milk because the hormones in the milk were making my mom sick sometimes. And the meat from factory farms, poorly treated animals, antibiotic and hormone-riddled animals, and animals not fed a normal diet [for that animal] just plain doesn't taste very good.

Just tossing in my two cents. smile.gif

By the way, for those of you who eat salads. You know you get no energy from lettuce? Lettuce is comprised mostly of cellulose, and our body does not have the enzyme to break down cellulose into energy. So it's basically a filler food, just goes through you.

Only if you use the horribly bland iceberg lettuce. Romaine lettuce has a lot of nutrients that iceberg doesn't, and it's way more filling.

Either way, most salads consist of other ingredients that make it more nutritional, and you can add things like nuts and beans to get more protein.

MEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAT

I love my meat. I feel slightly bad but I love my meat too much. I could never become a vegetarian. I wish they treated the animals better.

My family tries to buy more organic meats, too, because the animals are treated more humanely and are given a natural, hormone-and-antibiotic free diet. I don't like the way the animals are treated and the hormone- and antibiotic-laced meat that gets to the store is starting to cause problems in people; my family stopped buying regular milk and went to organic milk because the hormones in the milk were making my mom sick sometimes. And the meat from factory farms, poorly treated animals, antibiotic and hormone-riddled animals, and animals not fed a normal diet [for that animal] just plain doesn't taste very good.

Just tossing in my two cents. smile.gif

I agree with you on that!

We buy free range chicken products and I've always found them to be more tasty and filling.

Especially the brown eggs from free range chickens. Way better than the injected white eggs.

I eat meat. I love meat and that will never change.

That is all that must be said.

... And I will fight tooth and nail for my right to some delicious bacon. :|

Mmm bacon.

I could never give up meat/become vegetarian/vegan. I liek cheezburgers way too much.

Mmm bacon.

user posted image

Plants are living. If people dont eat things that have had life they die.

Yeah, that's what I usually tell them.

Oh, and I forgot about fish. I don't like fish. I only like halibut as long as it's breaded and dipped in malt vinegar. Yummm ;P But any other fish, I just don't like the taste. It's...it's gross. Blegh.

Plus, the pictures are win xd.png

I love my meat, but as the hypocrite I am, I will stop eating it the moment I have to kill the critters myself. I like how they taste, but I like the critters alive more. So as long as someone just does the dirty job for me and hands over the dead non-crittery flesh to me, I can deal with it.

(and in case the forementioned have-to-kill-it-myself-scenario happens, I'm dead, because my body won't take iron from the stuff that doesn't bleed. Yay for that.)

Edited by Kiraine

Reading this reminded me of a gruesome real-life story about how one of my Czech friends' grandmother had her give rabbit in cream for lunch. When they finished eating, my friend was told that it had been her rabbit Ferda. She told me it left her with a kind of a trauma and disgust with her grandmother. The disgust had a ground, because later the grandmother killed off my friend's cat.

That is just sick D= I feel so sorry for your friend!

I try to stay away from meat. Mostly, because if I eat more than a little, I start to feel sick. I don't know why this happens, nor is it on my list of things to find out.

i am a vegan, by choice as well as by the code of religion .. and i love how fit i am without meat ... dude ... check out the way they kill animals just for the sake of your taste buds .. thats just freakin crazy

i am a vegan, by choice as well as by the code of religion .. and i love how fit i am without meat ... dude ... check out the way they kill animals just for the sake of your taste buds .. thats just freakin crazy

What religion? /curious

We kill plants, too, or eat them alive.

Nobody can stop me from eating meat.

NOBODY.

What religion? /curious

We kill plants, too, or eat them alive.

i'm a hindu , ever heard of it ?

and yeah .. as a matter of fact plants do have life too ... but then again , they dont seem to feel pain .. on the other hand ... the chicken i just saw today at KFC was kinda different ... if ya know what i mean

I haven't been getting to reading about Hinduism yet. /has a casual interest in various religions despite being atheistic

I don't see a piece of meat being in pain. I'm just atheistic and don't even pretend that I could *feel* things.

I don't know where you live, but living in the lower latitudes makes being vegetarian/vegan easier. For example, I live in a relatively northern country, where it's generally not advised to be on a vegan diet.

Edited by lightbird

i'm a hindu , ever heard of it ?

and yeah .. as a matter of fact plants do have life too ... but then again , they dont seem to feel pain .. on the other hand ... the chicken i just saw today at KFC was kinda different ... if ya know what i mean

I thought that was just beef. Sorry if I'm wrong. I'm not very familiar with Hinduism.