Zeekaice

Meat

I like fish and bacon. Chicken's boring unless it's fried. Omnom...

I have to have meat. Have to~

What about chicken cordon bleu?

Dang it, I really need to stop reading this thread... It's going to make me get ideas to cook like 10 meals a day... xd.png

-K-

What's chicken cordon blue? (And no LMGTFY, people cook in different ways!)

Chicken with ham/bacon and cheese in the middle <3

user posted image

I always use the all delicious saltines (salted crackers) in meatloaf. With cheese. Then a BBQ+ketchup mix sauce (better then it sounds). It tastes good.

What's chicken cordon blue? (And no LMGTFY, people cook in different ways!)

(what's LMGTFY?)

It's chicken that's butterflied (think of a piece of meat as a butterfly with it's wings together, basically you cut the meat so it'll open like a book, but have a binding on one side that holds it together), you put a slice of cheese (usually provolone or something similar) and a slice of ham (good quality deli meat, usually) and put it between the "wings" of the meat. You then roll up the piece of meat (like a carpet, rolling up the longest length (you won't roll it up more than once, so don't expect to go fruit roll-up on it)) to keep the cheese and ham from sliding out, and coat it with an egg mixture and breadcrumbs (like you would if making baked chicken). You then bake it, and eat it (usually with a rice dish).

It's very good, and fairly simple to make, it's just stuffing a piece of chicken, coating it in bread crumbs, and baking it.

-K-

Edited by Kamak

I've never had that. Recipe anyone? It looks yummy.

Zere' you go.

It is realllly yummy, make sure you cook it all the way through though. It can sometimes be tricky to get all the chicken to cook right.

Thanks. Dunno what I really bothered asking about it for though...

T.T I'm one of those cooking deficient teenagers...

I think it'd sound good some other time, but I just ate chicken and am not feeling hungry for more...

I'm not too much a fan of crusted foods.

Let Me Google That For You

Ah, I don't talk in abbreviations usually... xd.png

Thanks. Dunno what I really bothered asking about it for though...

T.T I'm one of those cooking deficient teenagers...

I think colleges should offer basic cooking classes... (required or not, it'd be useful to say the least...), so many college people (including me) are tired of all of the food on campus being "microwave chicken" (I'm very wary of microwaved meat, it tastes funny) or disgusting greasy fast food chain food (Pizza Hut)... or worse, microwaved greasy fast food chain food (a sub place here microwaves packages of sub meat and "juices" and puts it on the rolls... which makes the bread soggy and greasy and the meat rubbery...)

most dorms at my college even have kitchens, but few people use them because they just don't know...

I'm sure the University is just opposed to it because then they can't charge out the ass for ****py food... >_>

-K-

I'm still a senior in high shcool. I might be able to get a cooking class in my schedule next semester, but....

I'm still a senior in high shcool. I might be able to get a cooking class in my schedule next semester, but....

I highly recommend it. Cooking is fairly fun, and you get a certain pride out of knowing exactly what went in your food. And besides, you have to eat, so you might as well be in charge of what you eat when/if you get your own place. tongue.gif

-K-

The only "cooking" class available to me is Japanese. They cook. Supposed to be a language class, but they have fun with other things as well...

Well, I'm not really in need (I can cook basic meals), but still...

How do people not know how to cook? Look at a recipe, do what it says, wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

I dunno. I'm not prone to using recipes m'self, I just go off what I know. But I only make simple stuff - spag, macncheese, etc.

Could be that not knowing terms (julienne?), how to handle food (as mentioned before), how to handle equipment, and other things could make it a bit more difficult/time-consuming.

How do people not know how to cook? Look at a recipe, do what it says, wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

It's a little bit more than that, first off many recipes use culinary words. Would the average tennager know how to julienne a carrot? Or poach an egg? To be able to comprehend the different techniques is difficult.

Plus, how do you tell that food is done? "until the meat is brown" is variable, especially when you talk about steaks which brown on the outside faster than inside.

This is why it's best to have a second person there to help point out "now this is when you add ____" or "not it's done". It's a lot like learning to drive, there's little that's inherently difficult, it's just having someone experienced be there to make sure you know what to look for and do in various situations.

-K-

Not to mention, some cooking techniques do take a little practice/skill. For example, I suck at cracking eggs and always worry I'm going to get shell in bowl/pan. If I did it more, I'm sure I'd get better at it. And last time I had to fill a measuring cup with flour, I made a bit of a mess.

Have you guys ever had chili con queso on a hotdog or a hamburger? SOOOO good! I love KC Masterpeice on my burgers smile.gif on hotdogs ketchup is tooo good with chili con queso.

Chicken with ham/bacon and cheese in the middle <3

user posted image

OhmygodthislooksamazingIwantsomerightnow.

omg chicken cordon bleu is so amazing I love it salfkjskf.

Even the ****py version my high school made was good because it was chicken cordon bleu.

I haven't had chicken cordon bleu in years. But I do love it.

Make some. NOW. (and share with me, yes? tongue.gif)

-K-

Make some. NOW. (and share with me, yes? tongue.gif)

-K-

I wish. I'm pissed and need comfort food, and that would do magnificently if it wasn't 12:30 in the morning and I had the ingredients. XP I have no frozen meat right now.

Or bacon or bread crumbs or cheese.

sdfgfhj How am I living? ;-;

i say yes to meat.

1, it good. if nothing else, its yummy xd.png

also, eating a plant is equally taking a living creature's life. and if you dont want to eat meat because it kills animals, then at least try to convince the government to stop killing rainforest and what not because that kills animals faster than anything.