Portal 2

I made another banner... >__>

user posted image

[IMG=http://i53.tinypic.com/24lirzr.gif]

<3 love x3 I'm using that if it fits in my siggy xd.png

<3 love x3 I'm using that if it fits in my siggy xd.png

Glad you like it! I felt like Companion Cube deserved a banner. <3

~R.I.P Companion Cube~

Zach showed me what all you do in Portal 2 up to the part where GLaDOS wakes up, since.. well, that part is just to get your bearings and stuff. And. Well. ...OMG.

Took me off guard when the GLaDOS scene was different than what was shown in the previews.. my reactions went something like this: "Hehehehe Wheatley, you silly, you're turning on stuff that you shouldn't." "Hi GLaDOS. :D" "Wait a second.. OH GAWD WHAT ARE YOU DOING." "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA".

Oh yesss. I was surprised when it deviated from the previews too, but it really flows well, doesn't it? After all, how else are we supposed to get back to the testing? |D

(Spoiler: COMPANION CUBE LIVES)

Edited by Lythiaren

I was playing, got a virus, and it didn't save.

Sorry Lyth for not being much of a help in co-op.

(Spoiler: COMPANION CUBE LIVES)

Yess xd.png That part made me jump up and squeal x3

Don't read that if you're not to the end yet lD

Stuck on Chapter 6, I can't get to a door without dying trying to get there.

Edited by Akatia

I was playing, got a virus, and it didn't save.

Sorry Lyth for not being much of a help in co-op.

Meh, no worries, I concluded that it was probably lag. xd.png

I've finished both single player and co-op (with another friend before we played, I needed the calibration course thing for the Professor Portal achievement :V ), so I already knew how to do most of the puzzles. That's why I kept pinging everything. :>

FIVE MORE ACHIEVEMENTS TO GO. o/`

But most of them are co-op ones. The one single player one I need is Overclocker. Still need Portal Conservation Society, Triple Crown and Still Alive, and I need to hug one more person for Frends List With Benefits.

Edited by Lythiaren

My brother got it for PC and I've been watching him do a replay of it with his friend on Steam.

Edited by Rmun

Completed it in 8 hours, no FAQ's/Walkthroughs.

Co-op is ridiculously easy.

SPACE.

Yellow Core: I'm in SPACE!!!!

Wheatly: "Okay we know your in space"

Yellow Core:"I'm in SPACE!!!!"

Wheatly:(does some sorry speech)

Yellow Core:"I'm in space"

Wheatly:SPACE!!!

smile.gif

I did find co-op to be really easy. Even when the puzzles weren't easy, they still didn't really feel satisfying. Maybe it's because of the lack of plot, or whatever, but I didn't enjoy the co-op as much as the main campaign.

I think it's the lack of an idiot voiced by Steven Merchant that makes co-op less fun. I thought Wheatley was a great character, but you could see the plot twist in the middle coming from miles away. I didn't like the idea of (SPOILER ALERT) GLaDoS being Caroline, however. I was glad when she was deleted at the end. I was also glad to see the return of all the secrets, and the Companion Cube, but no mention of the cake is unforgivable. Valve, I have lost faith in you. The only way to rekindle this faith is to de-code the Rat Man's message and tell me it's the confirmation for Half-Life 2: Episode 3.

Got the game yesterday for my 360 as an Easter present... Started it about 1 pm, took a couple hour break for dinner and socializing, and finished it at 1:30 am...

Just... Amazing...

Also, I have a bit of a fan-theory that some of you who have played the game might want to think about (I'll white it out below, so don't look if you don't want some things spoiled):

Okay, so we know that GlaDOS is really Caroline, Cave Johnson's Secretary that took over overseeing testing in his place. We also know Chell entered a Potato battery experiment at the Bring Your Daughter to Work Day. Many people see this as a possibility that Caroline is Chell's mother, and when she was transferred to being GlaDOS, she went insane and forgot her identity, forming the new GlaDOS identity, hence why she didn't know "where Caroline was in her brain". However, the interesting thing to me is that if Caroline is Chell's mother (which would explain why GlaDOS was merciful and let Chell go, even though she handwaved it as "You're a destructive monster that I can't destroy" (she had the turrets in the perfect position to kill Chell at the end, so I figure she couldn't bring herself to kill her daughter)), you have to wonder who the father is. Everything in the game leads me to believe that Cave Johnson is Chell's father. They're both very stubborn and determined, Caroline was by Cave's side the entire time Aperture was in business, and Cave states that Caroline is "Married to her job" (which if that was true in the usual context, Chell couldn't be her daughter. But since we're assuming it's true for the sake of the argument, the context makes it sound like she's dedicated to Cave, like a stereotypical wife of the 50's would be). The most damning proof for me is that Cave elected to have Caroline undergo the transfer so she could continue his work. Why would he choose her over anyone else? You could argue that she was by his side the entire time as a faithful employee, but Cave treats his employees as expendable the entire game (much like GlaDOS does to the test subjects, or really anything that isn't her). The fact that it seems she allowed this to happen to her speaks to me that she trusted Cave a lot (We don't know the circumstances of the transfer, but GlaDOS doesn't seem bitter over the ordeal (though, she wouldn't exist without it, so...), probably more than a normal employee that has to deal with a man who wants to burn houses down with combustible lemons and who poisoned himself with a toxic food additive.

That's how I see it at least... anyone else care to comment?

EDIT: Here's something on TVTropes that I found about the issue. If anyone can confirm this, that'd be great:

In the italian opera song GLaDOS serenades Chell with as Chell leaves, it's Caroline's voice (without GLaDOS' postprocessing) singing (in italian): My dear, beautiful darling, my child - with respectful observation, to my dear, farewell! My dear girl, why not walk far away from science? My dear, dear girl. To my lovely. To my dear. To my dear. To my child, My dear, dear to me!

If this is true, this means that Chell is undoubtedly Caroline/GlaDOS's daughter, and added to the ending song, GlaDOS didn't delete Caroline as she stated.

Speaking of the Credits song... I love Still Alive so much... but Want You Gone just blows it out of the water...

-K-

Edited by Kamak

They should really make a Portal 3.

If it's possible.

Oh, it's possible. Did you see the trailers on Valve's YT channel? They did a traler using a "ventilaton shaft" that sucked things like cubes, turrets and even panels away, but was never inplemented into the final game. It was great, and unless they decide to completely scrap it or release DLC, there will be Portal 3. And Wheatley will be back. He'll just crash into Earth.

I love Wheatley. I haven't finished the game. If I tried to finish in a day, I'd barf and faint.

@Kamak Haven't gotten there, but I agree with your logic.

The only thing I can say to the Cave/Caroline/Chell family theory is...

Actually, the lab boys just informed me that anything I say will likely get me warned x3. Let's just say I hate the theories, the evidence is... vaguely implied, at BEST, and it's much more likely that Chell was simply a random volunteer. She could well be an orphan, and my own thoughts on it include the Aperture brand orphanages (mentioned in the ARG, look it up on the Combine Overwiki). And that's about it.

The potato thing just feels more like an easter egg, to me.

Oh, and about Caroline? A recent podcast (I think... Giantbomb or something) shed some light on that: GLaDOS DID delete her. Anything else would be wildly out of character. And Chell is a normal person, not a clone/kid who was artificially aged/robot/whatever.

Edited by Dr. Paine

Still trying to find out how to get to a part in Chapter 6 where you have to get to a door.

*pops in*

@Kamak That's actually really interesting.... I can see that. Interesting... Still, It's all just speculation right? x3

I love the space core too xd.png

My high school 'computer club' *coughgameclubcough* spent today playing PORTAL 2 on the classroom's projector. Best school day ever. We got all the way to the ending, with each person taking a turn each test chamber. <3