sailing101

Portal 2

@vamprah9588 you make a good point though. In contrast to my previous statement, the end of Portal 2/Co-op leaves a bunch of loose ends that only a third game can provide. It kinda leaves you to fill in the blanks on your own.

To be honest I don't really think there are that many holes, or really many at all, even. Certainly not enough to justify a third game on that basis alone.

As much as I would love a third game, I do not know how they would work it. I don't think the fan base would be very happy if Chell wasn't in it, which would be hard to do now she is free.

A third game would be so awesome biggrin.gif I'm addicted to this game, and Portal: Sill Alive, but playing the same two games and puzzles over and over again gets kind of boring!

BEST.GAME.EVER. it’s too bad they ended it at 2 though. I'm hoping they'll come out with at least a Half-life crossover; there's been some talk about combining the two. It's just too good a concept to abandon like that.

But in the meantime, Portal Prelude has been occupying my time. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed Portal. However, if there was ever a point where you thought Portal 1 or 2 was hard, get ready to be owned. Prelude is by far the most difficult of them all. I’ve been stuck on the last puzzle for months! -.- This game not only takes Portal smarts, but SERIOUS skills in gaming. It’s NOT easy! And in my opinion, the scientists who test you throughout the game are ten times scarier than all the GLaDOS scenes combined! This game really gets your heart racing >.<’

BEST.GAME.EVER. it’s too bad they ended it at 2 though. I'm hoping they'll come out with at least a Half-life crossover; there's been some talk about combining the two. It's just too good a concept to abandon like that.

But in the meantime, Portal Prelude has been occupying my time. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed Portal. However, if there was ever a point where you thought Portal 1 or 2 was hard, get ready to be owned. Prelude is by far the most difficult of them all. I’ve been stuck on the last puzzle for months! -.- This game not only takes Portal smarts, but SERIOUS skills in gaming. It’s NOT easy! And in my opinion, the scientists who test you throughout the game are ten times scarier than all the GLaDOS scenes combined! This game really gets your heart racing >.<’

What is it for? Computer? XBox?

What is it for? Computer? XBox?

It's a map pack, made for the PC. I saw a walkthrough, and from what I saw, it is extremely hard, with the manhacks from Half-Life.

Would I be able to get it on a Mac? Or would I have had to have played Portal on the computer to get it? My brother and I have it for Xbox.

I don't think so. There's a large modding and map-making community active on PC, but consoles are pretty limited in that regard.

In honer of this brilliant game, I am building a 1:1 scale model of the Portal Gun

user posted image

omg halp I need info.

Image from tumblr, person said it was from GamesTM (British gaming magazine).

That's in ten days.

It's probably fake. But still.

I think this is suitably on-topic: did anyone else boggle at the robotic voice in the trailers for Pacific Rim? IMDb doesn't list Ellen McLain in their official credits yet, but I'd know GLaDOS's voice anywhere - I swear she's even using the GLaDOS inflection and tone (the monotone, of course).

I thought it looked familar T-T

It's put me in the mood to re-play though.

Well, that's a good thing, at least. Unless maybe you're like me and already played through each game at least 3-4 times within about half a year and have other things that need to be done. xd.png

I think this is suitably on-topic: did anyone else boggle at the robotic voice in the trailers for Pacific Rim? IMDb doesn't list Ellen McLain in their official credits yet, but I'd know GLaDOS's voice anywhere - I swear she's even using the GLaDOS inflection and tone (the monotone, of course).

Yes, it's McLain. Guillermo del Toro is a Portal fan.

I've been watching youtube videos on portal 2 lately. It looks pretty awesome. I haven't played any portal game yet but I'm thinking of buying one. Could I just jump straight into portal 2 or should I play the first portal game first? smile.gif

Bluesmudge, from personal experience, I've played Portal 2 before the first game actually, and there aren't much of plotholes left from the first game that are referenced in Portal 2 in my opinion, so, it's up to you. The first game shows how Aperture Laboratories test their things, being more a 'stepping stone' to the second game since Portal (1) doesn't have a 'OMG IT'S A MASTERPIECE' story in it. The second game, however, has a deeper, more humorous story, and brings even the first-timer into what's going on with up-to-speed explanations.

The main difference between the two games, is that the second game has two co-op modes (taking place after main singleplayer campaign), a alternate-story-ish thing where you design test yourself and download others', and a speed/less portals/etc singleplayer challenge mode. The first one has an 'harder levels' challenge mode instead.

However, in case you prefer to begin by the first game, it will be easier to understand the second game and you'll be familiarized with concepts presented in both games. Again, ultimately up to you. I recommend buying the bundle through Steam, though.

I would start with the first one -- there's really not a reason to do otherwise. That and it's very cheap.

Yep, it's her.

Steam did a post about it a while back.