sailing101

Portal 2

^ I know, right? The turret song was so beautiful and thought-provoking.

Random question, is anyone who's new to Co-op interested in playing with me? :3 Never done it before, and I'm afraid of the random one.

Which system?

I might be willing to, but I've done them all already, if that's a problem for you. Shoot me a PM later if you want.

I Looove portal 2 I watched bids of people playing the game it seems fun can't wait to get it for my b-day

Have you all seen the Portal2/NBC "This is Aperture" video?

freakingamazingomg. The voices are all done by one guy. Wheatley is a little off but the rest are good.

Legendary. That's all there is to it. It's legendary.

Steam workshop test chamber creation DLC going live on May 8th. Best news: I don't even have to tell them to shut up and take my money, because it's free. owo

Portal 2 is the best game that has ever existed! I can't stop thinking about it o3o

And Cara Mia is a very beautiful song.

YESSSS! HAHAHAHAHA! I can now make brutally unfair test chambers to torture your feeble minds!

Um, I mean, Sounds cool!

*pokes thread*

I love commentary mode, its really interesting to hear the developers talk about the making of Portal 2.

Portal 2 is my favorite game! I think the fastest I've ever beaten it is around three hours. Apparently there's going to be 3D effects for Portal 3. I'm so excited! But, is Chell going to come back? I thought GLaDOS got rid of her.

This might seem odd, but I'm sort of against a Portal 3. Why?

1. Chell already escaped. A game based on her life outside Aperture wouldn't be Portal at all. Plus, she doesn't have her portal gun. Even if she did, I assume that there wouldn't be many decent portal surfaces outside or even a use for it. According to the pre-recorded messages in the start of the game (The Courtesy Call), humanity is pretty much destroyed or is in a post-apocalyptic state.

2. Everybody in Aperture is presumed dead, even the 5,000 test subjects Wheatley was in charge of. That's why GLaDOS currently tests with P-Body and Atlas, they can be rebuilt over and over again and don't have any morals that stop them from testing.

3. If I'm correct, the Portal and Half-Life universes are seperate so I don't think there would be any links there.

Just needed to rant a bit about my reasons.

This might seem odd, but I'm sort of against a Portal 3. Why?

1. Chell already escaped. A game based on her life outside Aperture wouldn't be Portal at all. Plus, she doesn't have her portal gun. Even if she did, I assume that there wouldn't be many decent portal surfaces outside or even a use for it. According to the pre-recorded messages in the start of the game (The Courtesy Call), humanity is pretty much destroyed or is in a post-apocalyptic state.

2. Everybody in Aperture is presumed dead, even the 5,000 test subjects Wheatley was in charge of. That's why GLaDOS currently tests with P-Body and Atlas, they can be rebuilt over and over again and don't have any morals that stop them from testing.

3. If I'm correct, the Portal and Half-Life universes are seperate so I don't think there would be any links there.

Just needed to rant a bit about my reasons.

The Half-Life and portal storylines ARE linked. You can find many tie-ins in the game, like references to Black Mesa and Aperture Science in opposite games, and the Borealis. Portal 3 may be a crossover, with Chell fighting the combine. That I don't know. The view of earth still had it's oceans, so the combine may have been beaten.

Humanity isn't destroyed. Those pre-recorded messages were PRE-recorded. Only the facility was in an abyss, and the messages were set to run when this happened.

And on another matter, You didn't happen to see the end of the two-player storyline? P-body and Atlas found a vault of humans in suspended animation, who were revived. Aperture science isn't dead.

Edited by vamprah9588

The Half-Life and portal storylines ARE linked. You can find many tie-ins in the game, like references to Black Mesa and Aperture Science in opposite games, and the Borealis. Portal 3 may be a crossover, with Chell fighting the combine. That I don't know. The view of earth still had it's oceans, so the combine may have been beaten.

Humanity isn't destroyed. Those pre-recorded messages were PRE-recorded. Only the facility was in an abyss, and the messages were set to run when this happened.

And on another matter, You didn't happen to see the end of the two-player storyline? P-body and Atlas found a vault of humans in suspended animation, who were revived. Aperture science isn't dead.

And you apparently didn't see Peer Review.

Edited by 7Deadly$ins

Buuuut didn't the Peer Review (or whatever the co-op storyline DLC was) say that GLaDOS killed those humans in like... what, a week or something?

Wait, what? I've only seen a walkthrough of it (ALL my knowledge comes from videos and the wikis.), And from what I understood, they were ok. Just that the duo had to defeat the 'hacker'.

EDIT- Oh, damn.

Edited by vamprah9588

Yeah, just re-read the story. You'd think that a genius supercomputer would learn to keep at least two for future tests.

@vamprah9588 you make a good point though. In contrast to my previous statement, the end of Portal 2/Co-op leaves a bunch of loose ends that only a third game can provide. It kinda leaves you to fill in the blanks on your own.