St. Jimmy

Green Day

Ok there's something I really need to know. Does Tre really only have one nut? I've read this on a lot of sites, but it might just be a rumor (probably is, I want to know for sure).

Edited by St. Jimmy

Ok there's something I really need to know. Does Tre really only have one nut? I've read this on a lot of sites, but it might just be a rumor (probably is, I want to know for sure).

Hehe. Tré Cool... hmmm.... Well I can`t really say I know if it`s true. After all, I don`t want to be the one to check.... blink.gif

Hehe. Tré Cool... hmmm.... Well I can`t really say I know if it`s true. After all, I don`t want to be the one to check....  blink.gif

Haha, I totally would! Well, maybe if it was Mike... oh, never mind. I'm starting to sound like a crazy fangirl.

Edited by St. Jimmy

I'll happily sound like a crazy fan boy wink.gif I'm willing to check Billy out any time he asks.

Haha, I totally would! Well, maybe if it was Mike... oh, never mind. I'm starting to sound like a crazy fangirl.

If it were billie or mike, I'd wanna check first! It's just that tre freaks me out a little bit..... only when he opens his eyes as wide as he can blink.gif

If it were billie or mike, I'd wanna check first! It's just that tre freaks me out a little bit..... only when he opens his eyes as wide as he can blink.gif

There's really nothing scary about him... he's just a big goofball. biggrin.gif

There's really nothing scary about him... he's just a big goofball.  biggrin.gif

He is so a big goofball! I mean, you'd have to admit, his songs are so censorkip.gif ing funny!

My friend Christian looks a bit like Billie Joe xd.png Once, Billie was on TV and he had his hair JUST LIKE Christian. I was gonna' tell him the next day in school, but my friend beat me to him. Lol. Point is, most people agree that he did look like Billie Joe. Until he went to jail. (He had to get a buzz cut)

My friend Christian looks a bit like Billie Joe xd.png Once, Billie was on TV and he had his hair JUST LIKE Christian. I was gonna' tell him the next day in school, but my friend beat me to him. Lol. Point is, most people agree that he did look like Billie Joe. Until he went to jail. (He had to get a buzz cut)

Christian, huh? Do you have a friend named Gloria by any chance? (They're the couple from 21st Century Breakdown.)

DUDE I HAVE A FRIEND NAMED CHRISTIAN WHO LOOKS JUST LIKE BILLIE-JOE.

He does his hair like him and EVERYTHING.

I have a secret huge crush on him.

St. Jimmy, where did you see him in concert?

Someplace near Detroit. My brother and I were joking the whole time that we were seeing them in the Murder City. xd.png

Awesome!

..That is so awesome.

I saw him in Atlanta in the first couple days of August I believe...

Maybe the 7th?

It was a Monday I believe. The week that school began.

I can't wait to see him again! He's such an entertainer. It felt like a sin to sit down, but I was going effing nuts so... It got sorta hot. Especially since it was like... 90+

Do you like the older albums or their Rock Operas better?

I like all of their music. I think my favorite album is a tie between Nimrod and American Idiot, but it's really hard to choose.

What about you?

Edited by St. Jimmy

Favourite album? Dookie, gotta be.

As for seeing them live... Once at Reading, once in Brighton and twice in London.

Mine would have to be a tie between Warning and American Idiot.

I do love Dookie too.

I don't suppose I've had enough time to ponder it.

I'm sort of in the "OH ANOTHER GREEN DAY SONG I HAVEN'T HEARD. *listens*" and the "OH YEAH I HATED THIS SONG THE FIRST TIME I HEARD IT.... oh my god why?" kinda stage in my obsession. I haven't liked them as long as most of you, probably. laugh.gif

<-- Been a fan since I first heard Dookie, which was when it was released in 1994. Basket Case was an absolute anthem while I was at school.

Try listening to the stuff on 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours. That was their first album and it was released in 1991. There'll be a bunch of stuff on there you won't know. And, when you next get to a gig, you can be one of the few younger people that knows all the lyrics when he performs some really old-school stuff.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it. smile.gif I was thinking about listening earlier, but then I was like.. eh.

It's cool you've liked them so long. smile.gif

I've found about half the audience of a Green Day gig is from my era these days, and the other half are a good decade younger. The older guys are normally word perfect on pretty much everything - including the stuff from 1039/Smooth and Kerplunk - and the younger people stop singing when they stop playing stuff off the most recent two albums. Very funny. I've seen kids in the audience with this look on thier faces that says "What the hell is this? I didn't know about this? And how come that guy over there seems to know all the words?".

They used to be my favourite band back in the old days, when I was still a fifth-grader, or maybe even younger.

Boulevard of broken dreams shall forever be one of their most beautiful songs, but 2 guns is, to me, one of the most emotional ones.

@Tiki: Yeah, it kinda bugs me too that people my age only listen to the newer stuff. A lot of their really old-school songs are better than the new ones IMO.

The dude standing next to me at the concert was surprised that my brother and I knew the words to their old songs. xd.png

I've found about half the audience of a Green Day gig is from my era these days, and the other half are a good decade younger. The older guys are normally word perfect on pretty much everything - including the stuff from 1039/Smooth and Kerplunk - and the younger people stop singing when they stop playing stuff off the most recent two albums. Very funny. I've seen kids in the audience with this look on thier faces that says "What the hell is this? I didn't know about this? And how come that guy over there seems to know all the words?".

Eh for me it's personal preference. I prefer the latter two album's songs to the earlier work. Not that it's not good stuff though, far from it. I just prefer listening to Viva La Gloria! Over some of the stuff on Kerplunk.