MURDERcomplexx

Marriage Equality and Other MOGAI/Queer Rights

When you are straight, [at least with me], it is one thing being touched by a person of the opposite sex or of the same sex. With the opposite sex you know it is normal, since male and female attract, but it is offensive, uncomfortable, and more. With the same sex you get nervous, and you get creeped out. I mean, it's my opinion if a gay person comes into me that it is disgusting.

I guess you can say I don't mind gay people as long as they don't interact with me in a sexual or inappropriate way.

TwilightMoonDragon,

I can see your point and I understand that it makes you uncomfortable. But gays are no different than us straight folks, except behind closed doors. But if that is how you feel, it is alright. If you have never know any gays personally, and get the chance to, they are really nice people.

I am straight and I have gay friends, and we hug all the time just as friends only.

Like Kestra15 said, I don't see anything sexual about giving a hug in greeting.

If the opposite sex or same sex hugs you, all you have to do is ask them not to in a nice way.

Now if the opposite sex or same sex was to touch you in inapprpriately, now that is wrong, I do not care who or what you are. Just make sure you do not give that invitation though, smile.gif

Shiny Hazard Sign,

I to am flattered by males or females that find me attractive. I take it as a compliment.

Though, deep inside, I'm a little disgusted when I go into DETAIL about homosexuality. I don't mind it, but I prefer not to think about people that are homosexual that do... Stuff. *shudders*

Perhaps you can take comfort in the fact that some gay people find the thought of straight sex equally "Ewwwww!"-inducing.

I find it a bit disquieting that you consider people "disgusting" because of their sexual orientation (if I'm reading your post correctly), but hey, as long as you're not trying to get your tastes codified into law, as far as I'm concerned your feelings are your own and no real concern of mine. smile.gif

When you are straight, [at least with me], it is one thing being touched by a person of the opposite sex or of the same sex. With the opposite sex you know it is normal, since male and female attract, but it is offensive, uncomfortable, and more. With the same sex you get nervous, and you get creeped out. I mean, it's my opinion if a gay person comes into me that it is disgusting.

I guess you can say I don't mind gay people as long as they don't interact with me in a sexual or inappropriate way.

I am straight but I have no problem saying that if another straight/gay/trans/whatever person just comes up and starts putting hands on me in an intimate fashion, I may punch them. xd.png

I don't know a lot of people that come up and hug strangers unless they are drunk or extremely happy like at a wedding, or very emotional ie a funeral where people need comfort. Most people just shake hands, or say hello.

Maybe that is more of a cultural thing from this area? When several friends went to Europe, they found it was MUCH more touchy feely and less concerned about body space than the US is. Italy, far more so. There were some amusing stories :3

Hi, bi woman here. I feel creeped out when anyone I don't know, regardless of their gender, begins to approach me in an inappropriate manner. biggrin.gif I think it's just a human thing. No one likes being hit on when they don't want to reciprocate.

I agree, if I do not know you and all of a sudden you came over and hugged me, you may have some missing teeth. I do not care who are what you are

Really, when anyone, male or female, hits on me, I'm simply flattered that they find me attractive.

I found you attractive! *waves*

I found you attractive! *waves*

Bahahaha! Thanks! x')

Also... you guys got something against hugs? ;~; I hug people all the time. Sure, I don't randomly pick someone off the street to hug, but I like hugging people I just met. Now if it was a more intimate gesture I would understand... BUT HUGS ARE NICE

;n;

Also... you guys got something against hugs? ;~; I hug people all the time. Sure, I don't randomly pick someone off the street to hug, but I like hugging people I just met. Now if it was a more intimate gesture I would understand... BUT HUGS ARE NICE

;n;

Unexpected hugs (as well as light touches on the shoulder that others give me in an attempt to "comfort" me) cause, more often than not, my dystonia to get a bit more active.

I don't even know how I'd react to someone I just met hugging me O_O I suspect that my body language would make it clear how incredibly uncomfortable it made me before someone closed in though.

I never liked unexpected touch before, but now, aaaaaaaaaaaggghhh. Hugs are not always nice! Sometimes they are though.

That is what I have against (some) hugs.

Edited by Princess Artemis

I personally think its wrong. I know some people cant help it though on some matters. Also if you say just cause the bible says it doesnt mean its right. The bible has sold more copys than any other book. And its not like muslim book (dont know the name) says "gay is good" or anything (to my knowledge).

Whats even creepier is those who do it (vaguely waves hand) with both genders O_O

Bahahaha! Thanks! x')

;n;

I've always been reserved when it comes to touching/having people touch me, partly because my family isn't very hug-prone to begin with, so I pretty much grew up without getting used to physical contact. That isn't to say that I don't like hugs at all, but I accept them only from a very limited circle of people - which depends both on the type of connection I have with people and the persons themselves - and when someone who isn't in that circle hugs me, I think they should take a notice from me usually getting stiff, or just not returning the hug because of how deeply uncomfortable I feel. Especially with people who insist on hugging others.

Oddly enough, though, if I feel comfortable enough with a person nowadays, I can include hugs as a ritual gesture with someone relatively soon after getting to know them, however, I still can't get myself to sincerely hug long-time friends with whom we didn't share that habit in the past. I guess for me it is more a matter of whether I can condition myself early on that with [insert person's name] there is physical interaction as well. I guess that speaks a bit about my Aspie character.

Anyway.

I personally think its wrong. I know some people cant help it though on some matters. Also if you say just cause the bible says it doesnt mean its right. The bible has sold more copys than any other book. And its not like muslim book (dont know the name) says "gay is good" or anything (to my knowledge).

Whats even creepier is those who do it (vaguely waves hand) with both genders O_O

Your post makes little sense in regards to this thread's topic.

Edited by lightbird

I know some people cant help it though on some matters.

How about can't help it on all matters?

Also if you say just cause the bible says it doesnt mean its right. The bible has sold more copys than any other book.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here...

And its not like muslim book (dont know the name)

The Qur'an? (please let me know if I spelled that wrong.)

*raises hand*

I've heard a lot of people call me creepy for many reasons. This is a new one.

Why do you think it's wrong? Because it's "icky"? I personally have quite a few things that make me go "Ew!", including seeing people each french fries with mayo, but that doesn't mean I begrudge them the pleasure it brings them to eat that way, or that I'd try to get eating french fries with mayo made illegal.

As for the Bible... I'm not Christian. Two-thirds of the world isn't Christian either. Why should the rest of us have to abide by what's written in YOUR holy book? Why should YOUR religion's "laws" dictate the laws of the secular courts? (And that's not even touching on the issues of accurate translation and cultural relativity in interpreting Biblical laws, which is a huge subject in itself.)

And if you think bisexuality is creepy, I honestly feel sorry for you, because there are enough of us around that you've surely sat next to one of us on a bus, been served at a restaurant by one of us, etc. Heck, one of us might even be your doctor, or a paramedic who saves your life or the life of someone you care about. But because we're bisexual, no matter who we are or what we do, we're "creepy"? Yeah. Good to know. :/

ETA, because it occurs to me that it actually needs to be said to some people: "Bisexual" does not equal "will sleep with anything that moves". We have a wider field of people we're attracted to, but that doesn't mean we're any less likely to be monogamous with our chosen partner (regardless of gender). I, for example, am a bisexual female happily (and monogamously) married to a bisexual male, with absolutely no interest in anybody other than my husband.

Edited by prairiecrow

Oh. I guess I completely forgot that some people are different in that regards to hugs. I suppose I'm too much of a 'LET ME LOVE YOU' person and I tend to forget about that. (Not that I'd ever just fling myself at someone without making sure they were okay with it, though) i'm just really affectionate okay ;n;

I also have no idea what Ashojj is trying to say. o_O

What about people who aren't Chistian? Why should they have to follow the laws of the Bible, or any religious text they don't believe in? Prariecrow said pretty much everything I was going to, so I'm gonna stop here. xd.png

I understand both sides of the whole hugging thing. If I don't know someone well, physical contact freaks me out, but my friends can't even say hi to me without being tacklehugged. |D

Bahahaha! Thanks! x')

;n;

Agreed. I am a physical person and that includes shows of emotion - I enjoy hugs, and I see or feel no problem in greeting people in that manner. I had a friend at uni who I used to link pinkies with when we were walking around town and would hug often, even though neither of us had a romantic/sexual attraction to each other. We just felt...comfortable around one another.

Now I'll admit I won't be so physical with males, but I have no problem again greeting male friends with a hug, or congratulating my sweaty half-naked friend after a good game of Capoeira (no, that is not a euphemism!). This includes those who I am fully aware are batting on teams other than my own - and I don't feel any discomfort.

Now, as for inappropriate touching, I don't mind so long as they're young, female and pretty ;~)

Bahahaha! Thanks! x')

;n;

I really don't like hugs from people anyone outside of a small circle of people (pretty much limited to my bf and immediate family). I deal with it better now than when I was younger, but I still don't really 'hug' people back (more of a sortof awkward stiff pat on the back and disengage as quickly as possible without being rude). I don't like people invading my bubble sad.gif

Apparently some people don't get that you can really not like hugs - I had an acquaintance at secondary school (an all-girls school :S) that decided that they were going to be a 'huggy' person. As a result of my apparent horror at being hug-attacked by her (repeatedly, I might add), she accused me of being homophobic - apparently, me not liking her hugging me amounted to homophobia (she was straight). That really ticked me off mad.gif.

Hugging makes me super uncomfortable unless it's from my SO. Even when my parents or brothers hug me I kind of give this awkward hug back where only my arms are touching them and that's it. It just makes me uncomfortable. I just had to hug my future sister-in-law yesterday and I still feel... unsettled about it.

;n; Well maybe it's a good thing you guys are my internet friends, where I can't physically hug you. QnQ

So instead, have one of these:

user posted image

Edit:

Kestra, if I ever meet you in person, I will give you a GIANT BEAR HUG. |D

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Kestra, if I ever meet you in person, I will give you a GIANT BEAR HUG. |D

Yay!!

I'm in that weird position where I very much want hugs, but years of just... minimal to no physical contact has made the action unsettling to just plain uncomfortable, no matter who it's from.

I really don't like hugs from people anyone outside of a small circle of people (pretty much limited to my bf and immediate family). I deal with it better now than when I was younger, but I still don't really 'hug' people back (more of a sortof awkward stiff pat on the back and disengage as quickly as possible without being rude). I don't like people invading my bubble sad.gif

Apparently some people don't get that you can really not like hugs - I had an acquaintance at secondary school (an all-girls school :S) that decided that they were going to be a 'huggy' person. As a result of my apparent horror at being hug-attacked by her (repeatedly, I might add), she accused me of being homophobic - apparently, me not liking her hugging me amounted to homophobia (she was straight). That really ticked me off mad.gif.

I hate hugs, and have gone so far as to actually slap repeat offenders (always people I have told before NO, and always people I couldn't stand anyways).

Not everyone likes hugs. There's nothing wrong with it. I don't mind hugs, but there is a select few I will tolerate them from.

I really like hugs from my gay friends and their friends as they all seem genuine, smile.gif

I don't get what you're talking about and I'm honestly upset that you define people as creepy based on something they do with consent with other consenting adults. Creepy is when someone has sex without consent or with another person without consent.

I mean, what, you think of the ways bi people have sex all the time, every time you see them? rolleyes.gif When you meet someone, you think about the way they interact, their worldview, their personality, etc, not what their sexuality is.

On the subject of hugs-depends on who's giving it to me. If a stranger hugs me, unless it's like the Olympics and our team scored a goal or something, I'd get pretty freaked out. If it's a friend, I'd be okay.

Edited by ylangylang

;n; Well maybe it's a good thing you guys are my internet friends, where I can't physically hug you. QnQ

So instead, have one of these:

user posted image

Now those I can get behind : D

*Internet hugs Haze*

..Well, bringing back a thread from dying.

I, myself, support gay marriage to the fullest. I want to marry a special someone sometime in the future, and my friend wants to marry a man in the future, as well. Why should I miss out on marriage, and frown as my friend walks down the isle with her soul mate, wishing I was her? Unfair, to say in the least....

Edited by Tazzay