MURDERcomplexx

Marriage Equality and Other MOGAI/Queer Rights

As most of you should know; I believe marriage is between one man and one woman.

To answer your question Fuzzbucket, I would be happy for him and his partner. I would also be at their wedding as well.

Thanks. I wondered !

And homosexuality is NOT a disease, so needs no cure. Sheesh mad.gif I get fed up with petitions too - but this one I have signed.

Thanks. I wondered !

And homosexuality is NOT a disease, so needs no cure.

I agree, Homosexuality is not a disease

These kind of people scare me, and I would not want anything to do with them, or have them around me. It makes me wonder if they are borderline off in someways.

I wasn't aware that Homosexuality was a disease.

I'd better start inventing a cure for Heterosexuality then.

Mmmm, so if het- and homosexuality are diseases, does that mean us asexuals are normal? ;D (or would it be one of the other sexuality that'd be normal?)

I dunno how much good an online petition does, but hey, I'll sign too.

Mmmm, so if het- and homosexuality are diseases, does that mean us asexuals are normal? ;D (or would it be one of the other sexuality that'd be normal?)

I think it is the humans among us that are normal... xd.png

Which rules out the WBC congregation....

I think it is the humans among us that are normal... xd.png

Which rules out the WBC congregation....

Nah, it is the Aliens amongst us, wink.gif

Perhaps that is the good thing about the Chik-Fil-A mess. It is helping shine the light on some of the more extreme groups. AKA, it isn't just about the word or state of marriage, not in practice... some of these groups are really toxic. At least I think people have figured out how to deal with the WBC. Just laugh at them. If you didn't see, they tried to picket Comic Con, the people at the con had a field day with it. On a more recent outting, people organized a zombie invasion against them tongue.gif

Comic-Con counter Protest Signs Moar Signs

Zombies vrs WBC

/signed

I don't know if it was already linked here, but this was an article posted before Chik-Fil-A happened. Ironically, it would have been better after, because it compares the churches views on gluttony vrs gay marriage/gays. But it made me realize, as many times as I've heard sermons on sexual immorality, I don't think I can recall a single one on gluttony. And with the way obesity is forecast to skyrocket health care, I think it's a far more pressing issue to our world than people being happily married.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/05/m...-be-fat-people/

Something may not be the norm, but it doesn't follow that it must not be normal.

Just because a smaller percentage of people are gay, bi, asexual, etc. than heterosexual does NOT make them abnormal, simply minorities. And I see no logic behind attempting to turn all minorities into the majority.

Something may not be the norm, but it doesn't follow that it must not be normal.

Just because a smaller percentage of people are gay, bi, asexual, etc. than heterosexual does NOT make them abnormal, simply minorities. And I see no logic behind attempting to turn all minorities into the majority.

hint: they were joking.

user posted image

Leaving that here, do what you will with it.

user posted image

Ooh, I saw this on George Takei's wall biggrin.gif

Edited by ylangylang

I don't know if it was already linked here, but this was an article posted before Chik-Fil-A happened. Ironically, it would have been better after, because it compares the churches views on gluttony vrs gay marriage/gays. But it made me realize, as many times as I've heard sermons on sexual immorality, I don't think I can recall a single one on gluttony. And with the way obesity is forecast to skyrocket health care, I think it's a far more pressing issue to our world than people being happily married.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/05/m...-be-fat-people/

The most pressing issue about weight is the fact that obese and overweight people are already treated like freaks and bearers of some sort of plague. If there's one thing we don't need, it's more negative focus and blame for the world's problems on obesity. We need to end discrimination, not shift it from one group to another.

user posted image

I believe homosexuality is sinful. I believe homosexuals should have the right to marry. Yay for halfway agreeing.

The most pressing issue about weight is the fact that obese and overweight people are already treated like freaks and bearers of some sort of plague. If there's one thing we don't need, it's more negative focus and blame for the world's problems on obesity. We need to end discrimination, not shift it from one group to another.

So. Much. This. Thank you for the comment. I wish people would stop being so cruel to those who simply may have a natural chubbyness* going on.

/bony as hell girl here. :c*

Some people can not help being overweight.

Reasons

Medications, thyroid, and I am sure there are a few others.

Now some people who are overweight, can help it if they would watch what they eat, and stop gorging themslves.

How do I know. I had a total hysterectomy in my early 40's. Until then I weighed 96 lbs, and could eat all I wanted and did not gain weight. Then I had other problems and started gaining weight. To keep my weight down, I stopped eating fried foods and kept to a strict diet. Every two weeks, I would eat whatever I wanted to.

You can help yourself if you want to. Again, responsibility.

You can help yourself if you want to. Again, responsibility.

Some of us are just naturally chubby, however.

I cycled...eighty miles a week? Worked 40hrs a week in a physically-demanding role. Ate salads and healthy cooked meals - veg, reasonable amounts of meat and pasta. Barely drunk alcohol, don't do drugs. And yet after six months of diet and exercise I was still 220lbs/100kg. Hadn't changed my weight, was still pretty much the same dimensions.

So it's not just 'if you want.' I am pretty responsible with my weight - always have been - and I've not been considered 'normal weight' since I was probably about seven. It's not a thyroid problem or medication or any other excuse - I, like my father and brother, are just naturally chubby.

Sadly, losing weight isn't just a case of making sure your output is higher than your input, much as I wish it was!

Some of us are just naturally chubby, however.

I cycled...eighty miles a week? Worked 40hrs a week in a physically-demanding role. Ate salads and healthy cooked meals - veg, reasonable amounts of meat and pasta. Barely drunk alcohol, don't do drugs. And yet after six months of diet and exercise I was still 220lbs/100kg. Hadn't changed my weight, was still pretty much the same dimensions.

So it's not just 'if you want.' I am pretty responsible with my weight - always have been - and I've not been considered 'normal weight' since I was probably about seven. It's not a thyroid problem or medication or any other excuse - I, like my father and brother, are just naturally chubby.

Sadly, losing weight isn't just a case of making sure your output is higher than your input, much as I wish it was!

I can agree with you.

Getting back to being gay, partners should accept you for who you are, smile.gif

I am married and had 2 children, and even at my age, I still want to look good for only me, not anyone else, not even my hubby.

Edited by ~Kat~

I am not against gays at all. Of course, it is against my religon, as it states in the bible that man was made for woman, woman was made for man. I am not one of those crazy people that say "OMG WTF BBQ YOU ARE GOING TO HELL GOD HATES YOU!", nor look upon them with scorn. I respect you in every single way, and indeed, I believe that gays should have a right to get married. I mean, heck, I live in America, the country of freedom and opportunity. I believe that these are one of the factors that makes this country free- the freedom of sexuality.

Though, deep inside, I'm a little disgusted when I go into DETAIL about homosexuality. I don't mind it, but I prefer not to think about people that are homosexual that do... Stuff. *shudders*

I am looked down upon by my family because I don't mind homosexuality or bisexuality. They are all Catholic and once I was scorned because I said "Well, I don't know, I believe that this is a free country and that they should decide what they want."

If homosexuality relates to ME, I completely push it away. I do not wear make up nor am REALLY self conscious of my looks, and thus I've never had a boyfriend. I have been called gay in school. I dot mind, because I am simply waiting for the RIGHT guy. But for instance, if a homosexual person comes up to me and starts groping and touching me, I will become disgusted.

i think gays should be allowed to marry i dont care about what the bible says this was back when being gay wasnt popular but now it is and anyone who says gays should not be allowed to marry are ignorant

i think gays should be allowed to marry i dont care about what the bible says this was back when being gay wasnt popular but now it is and anyone who says gays should not be allowed to marry are ignorant

Popularity has nothing to do with it. It isn't a choice. You are gay or you aren't.

@TwilightMoonDragon - why be disgusted ? Unless you would be disgusted if a person of the opposite sex did so. We are all human and need human contact. If you don't like being touched just say so. If you think someone is coming on to you, all you have to say is that you aren't interested. WHY you are not interested doesn't matter.

When you are straight, [at least with me], it is one thing being touched by a person of the opposite sex or of the same sex. With the opposite sex you know it is normal, since male and female attract, but it is offensive, uncomfortable, and more. With the same sex you get nervous, and you get creeped out. I mean, it's my opinion if a gay person comes into me that it is disgusting.

I guess you can say I don't mind gay people as long as they don't interact with me in a sexual or inappropriate way.

When you are straight, [at least with me], it is one thing being touched by a person of the opposite sex or of the same sex. With the opposite sex you know it is normal, since male and female attract, but it is offensive, uncomfortable, and more. With the same sex you get nervous, and you get creeped out. I mean, it's my opinion if a gay person comes into me that it is disgusting.

I guess you can say I don't mind gay people as long as they don't interact with me in a sexual or inappropriate way.

That's the point. It is not abnormal.

It is no more disgusting for someone to come on to you if they are of the same or opposite sex. It may not be something you want to follow up - but that also applies to someone you simply don't fancy - whatever gender they are. At least I've never seen a gay man or a lesbian saying it was disgusting for someone of the opposite gender to come on to them. They can at least see it for what it is - someone fancies you ! Same goes for the day a woman fancies me. Fine - perhaps not my thing, but still essentially a compliment, as long as it is not pushy ! Now, groping is something else, whoever does it. sad.gif

I get hit on by straight guys all the time. Though some of them are a bit more... obscene than others, it's just life. It happens. Just tell them you aren't interested and they'll stop. It's not the sexuality that matters, it's the intent of the person.

I get a little weirded out when guys hit on me because that's not natural to me. But when I tell them I'm not interested, they back off (or go sulk). Same for girls I'm not interested in. It happens with everyone.

Really, when anyone, male or female, hits on me, I'm simply flattered that they find me attractive. I don't see what's so gross about it. I highly doubt anyone would just come up to you and start groping you- no matter who that's from, that's molestation.

I don't mind humans as long as they don't interact with me in a sexual or inappropriate way...

I don't see anything sexual about giving a hug in greeting, or in celebration/condolence...I certainly don't enjoy male contact, but I don't see it as creepy or nervous. I am, however, more open and at ease when it comes to women.