MURDERcomplexx

Marriage Equality and Other MOGAI/Queer Rights

I don't think gay people are going to "get over it" and "move on" until they have their rights.

I don't think gay people are going to "get over it" and "move on" until they have their rights.

Well, I guess the ones that are behind Chick-Fil-A won't get over it either.

I do not know what the answer is, maybe put it on the ballot and the people of the USA can vote on it, smile.gif

I can tell you this though, if on my lunch hour and I am at work, if this is ever happening with the gay people there as well, I will probably tell them all go and get a job, a life or something, and stop maklng my life miserable on a work day. I have a say so to as well as my rights.

If people want to do this or protest of any kind, make it on a weekend or something. I have a job, and I work to keep my family fed and clothed as well as myself, which is more important than this type of conflict to me. I work in the real world, not fantasy, sorry.

Edited by ~Kat~

I'm pretty sure that part of the point of protesting in a public area like that is actually TO get in some people's way.

I'm pretty sure that part of the point of protesting in a public area like that is actually TO get in some people's way.

I agree, but they need to stay out of my way that is for sure.

I have never run into anything like this except to watch on TV.

I have better things to do like ride horses or spend time with my friends including my gay friends or my family.

I personally do not care what people think of me, I am that secure with in myself. I know my neighbors use to see me and my huibby over at our gay friends house, do you think I cared or made excuses for it, heck no. They could just get over it. Life is to short and I do not live for my neighbors anyway.

There is never going to be a time or place to protest that won't get into anyone's way.

I agree, but they need to stay out of my way that is for sure.

-snip-

Apparently they felt you needed to stay out of their way. Perhaps you should have gone elsewhere for one day so you would not suffer the pain of a belated chicken sandwich.

Edited by Vhale

There is never going to be a time or place to protest that won't get into anyone's way.

You are right on that.

I am listening to the 10.00 pm news. Now at Chick-Fil-A the gay people are going to go to Chick-Fil-A and are encouraging all to have a "Kissing Day There". That is really going to help there cause, wrong, it will gross a lot of people out is all they are going to do. I only hope that no one gets hurt becasue of their cause to be kissing each other passionatly. This is not a smart move at all for them to do.

My husband and I do not do that at a place like Chick-Fil-A. To me it is going to be trashy, I do not care if you are straight or gay, come on folks. Do any of you honestly think this is the right move for gay people to do and try and convence others to accept them, rolleyes.gif

Yes, actually. As far as forms of protest go, that is a very minor one that doesn't take very long. You don't need to sit there all day and kiss. They aren't doing anything violent, nor are they wasting their lives by marching around for a while. It also doesn't make people dislike them because they aren't doing anything wrong. If they so desire it, they can kiss wherever they want. Until someone makes a law against it, protesting by kissing will be, in my opinion, one of the better ways to stand up for your ideas.

Yes, actually. As far as forms of protest go, that is a very minor one that doesn't take very long. You don't need to sit there all day and kiss. They aren't doing anything violent, nor are they wasting their lives by marching around for a while. It also doesn't make people dislike them because they aren't doing anything wrong. If they so desire it, they can kiss wherever they want. Until someone makes a law against it, protesting by kissing will be, in my opinion, one of the better ways to stand up for your ideas.

I agree they are not hurting anyone or being violent, I am worried about them getting hurt if anything.

With all the christians around who think it is wrong, it is not going to help their cause where I am from. I do not have a problem with gays. My gay friends and their partners will kiss in my home and it does not bother us. I can not agree with this out in public myself, gay or straight. Now a peck on the lips is ok as far as I am concerned, but the passionate kiss, that is not for out in public at a place like this. There are going to be so many children around that are going to see this, and that is not what they have been brought up to believe.

I will let you all know what happens, and I will pray no one at all gets hurt.

I just hope there are not a lot of Rednecks there, as they can be some rough tough guys.

I agree they are not hurting anyone or being violent, I am worried about them getting hurt if anything.

With all the christians around who think it is wrong, it is not going to help their cause where I am from. I do not have a problem with gays. My gay friends and their partners will kiss in my home and it does not bother us. I can not agree with this out in public myself, gay or straight. Now a peck on the lips is ok as far as I am concerned, but the passionate kiss, that is not for out in public at a place like this. There are going to be so many children around that are going to see this, and that is not what they have been brought up to believe.

I just hope there are not a lot of Rednecks there, as they can be some rough tough guys.

I hope no one gets hurt either. That would be awful. I can't imagine how much of a brute you'd have to be to hate and harm someone for exchanging a kiss with a person of their same gender in public. That definitely does not sound like the actions of a Christian, at least as far as I know.

The people who are going to protest must be very brave to undertake such a bold act in a place that's apparently likely to become extremely violent towards them. I hope if any violence does break out, that the perpetrators are dealt with efficiently and quickly because there have already been too many wounded and dead queer people who were just trying to live their own lives, nevermind those who were actively protesting or doing community work to better their own lot and that of others like them.

Edited by WereJace

I have no problems with children witnessing same-sex relationships. If your problem is more along the lines of it being too intimate, and you would feel the same for a straight couple, then fine.

They will not be the ones being violent.

If any violence occurs, those who are violent will be the ones in the wrong - not those doing the kissing.

And violence towards peaceful people is hardly Christian. If the Christians are TRULY Christian - even if they are offended, they should turn the other cheek, as Christ recommended..

Luckily, there was no physical violence, but you have to consider the mental toll on the people that work there. While all those people going there might be great for the company's bottom line and the donations it gives to anti-gay groups, can you imagine being gay and listening to hordes of people walk up and tell you how much they support your company for legislating against "those" people? It's a shame people willing to wait 1 hour for fast food don't take 5 minutes to consider how their actions can effect others.

Asked in June, Andrew, the employee in Alabama, would have said his experience was positive, too. He had never explicitly told any of his colleagues he was gay, but he felt comfortable at work and liked the operator of his store. But recently, Andrew says the atmosphere at work has grown nearly intolerable. Although plenty of his coworkers have said they don't agree with Cathy's views, on "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day," one colleague told him proudly that his friends would be eating the fried chicken sandwiches for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Last week, when he went out to the parking lot to help a trucker (not directly employed by Chick-fil-A) unload a shipment of goods, the trucker turned to Andrew confidentially and said, "If I see one more censorkip.gif** at a Chick-fil-A protesting, I'm going to be sick."

"I just looked at him and said, 'I don't want to hear that,'" Andrew recalled. "I thought, Chick-fil-A doesn't promote hatred, we don't cuss and we don't hate," he continued. But experiences over the last couple of weeks have shifted his views: "Honestly, I really wish they would just go out of business, I do."

Citation

Luckily, there was no physical violence, but you have to consider the mental toll on the people that work there. While all those people going there might be great for the company's bottom line and the donations it gives to anti-gay groups, can you imagine being gay and listening to hordes of people walk up and tell you how much they support your company for legislating against "those" people? It's a shame people willing to wait 1 hour for fast food don't take 5 minutes to consider how their actions can effect others.

Citation

Ouch. That really - ugh. Poor Andrew.

In a sense, this whole debacle is similar in nature to the Planned Parenthood issue. Conservative fundies are trying to tear down Planned Parenthood's federal funding because 3% of it's own services go towards abortion. Ans they've been trying for ages. Well, a percentage of Chik-Fil-A goes to groups whose presidents have said glowing things like all gays are pedophiles. So, it shouldn't be that much of a surprise that the other side doesn't want their money going to those groups. Citation

After all, you can't say, I pray that nothing bad happens to gay people and I think everyone's equal, then give your money to groups who want to legislate imprisoning and/or exporting gays. I think that would be a conflict of interest between the two. Would God answer the result of the actions or the prayer?

As an addendum, a whole hell of a lot of marriages in the Old Testament where the popular anti-gay references are from, are polygamous. Also, Rome had same-sex marriages. Some of it's emperors, including Nero- were married to men. It was not until the Christian emperors came in that it was made illegal and punishable by death. Citation It feels like too many people say they are for Traditional Marriage and forget that historically, marriage hasn't been without variations.

In a sense, this whole debacle is similar in nature to the Planned Parenthood issue. Conservative fundies are trying to tear down Planned Parenthood's federal funding because 3% of it's own services go towards abortion. Ans they've been trying for ages. Well, a percentage of Chik-Fil-A goes to groups whose presidents have said glowing things like all gays are pedophiles. So, it shouldn't be that much of a surprise that the other side doesn't want their money going to those groups. Citation

The problem with this statement is that funding to Planned Parenthood doesn't go to those 3% of abortions, though. They use private donations for that, not government funding. So it's not the same as taking someone's money and putting it toward a cause you don't agree with, unless the fundies are really really really against breast cancer screenings and other female health care operations.

Some words of wisdom (at least, I find them wise) from Anthony David Jacques re: the Chick-Fil-A day of support...

The religious stood together today outside of Chick-Fil-A’s nationwide. More, in fact, at one time than we’ve ever seen waiting for a chance to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, or stand up for social outcasts whom society has marginalized... like the entire homosexual community.

You know, things Jesus actually told his people to do.

Irony is a *bad word*.

Yes, because coming out to show your support to a franchise that donates its money to organizations that suppress the rights of a whole segment of the population is really gonna earn you mad props in Heaven. :/

What about Iran or Iraq(forgot witch one) they're suppressing gays and they are countries?

What about Iran or Iraq(forgot witch one) they're suppressing gays and they are countries?

Both are, and both execute homosexuals. Which is wrong, because you shouldn't execute people, especially not those who are harming no one.

Was there something else about them?

Chick-Fil-A Has 'Record-Setting Day' While Embroiled In Anti-Gay Controversy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/02/c...26pLid%3D187669

And as I noted, where are all these "good Christians" when there are hungry people to be fed, naked people to be clothed, and homeless people to be sheltered?

Oh, right -- that stuff, which Jesus actually SAID to do, would involve some genuine sacrifice on their part. All they had to do today was show up and eat chicken. That'll really show those gays who's boss!

ETA: Also, did you notice the part in the article about Chick-Fil-A approval ratings plummeting? I'll be very interested to see what their sales for this quarter end up being.

Edited by prairiecrow

Why is there no protest against Iran or Iraq? They KILL the gay people.

There are whole organizations dedicated to helping homosexuals in Iraq and Iran, as well as all other countries in which gays are persecuted and murdered for their orientation.

There are whole organizations dedicated to helping homosexuals in Iraq and Iran, as well as all other countries in which gays are persecuted and murdered for their orientation.

Yet none of that is in the news is it? Why is there more agianst Chick-fil-A?